Captain America: The Winter Soldier
For Steve Rogers, awakening after decades of suspended animation involves more than catching up on pop culture; it also means that this old school idealist must face a world of subtler threats and difficult moral complexities. That becomes clear when Director Nick Fury is killed by the mysterious assassin, the Winter Soldier, but not before warning Rogers that SHIELD has been subverted by its enemies. When Rogers acts on Fury's warning to trust no one there, he is branded as a traitor by the organization. Now a fugitive, Captain America must get to the bottom of this deadly mystery with the help of the Black Widow and his new friend, The Falcon. However, the battle will be costly for the Sentinel of Liberty, with Rogers finding enemies where he least expects them while learning that the Winter Soldier looks disturbingly familiar.
Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Writer: Christopher Markus (screenplay by), Stephen McFeely (screenplay by), Joe Simon (based on the Marvel comics by), Jack Kirby (based on the Marvel comics by)
Production: Walt Disney Pictures
Released: 04 Apr 2014
Awards: Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 5 wins & 50 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
Before we get started
Get me Agent Hill
I am so fired
On your left
Did you do anything fun Saturday night
You know me
Attention all S
Either one of you know where the...
Public displays of affection make people...
I have a question for you
Because you're the best
Are you kidding me
We have to assume everyone aboard those...
You're a lot heavier than you look
Who the hell is Bucky
Even when I had nothing
Where did Captain America learn to steal...
You just can't stop yourself from lying
You don't have to come
I took a seat on the Council not because...
This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize
Two sides of a coin that's no longer...
Who's the girl
How do we know the good guys from the...
I know who killed Fury
People are gonna die
The satellites can read a terrorist's...
Did I step on your moment
I knew him
Everyone we know is trying to kill us
I thought you were more than a shield
There are no prisoners with HYDRA
Is this little display meant to...
I don't know
I just want you to know
This is it
The target is a mobile satellite launch...
Arnim Zola was a German scientist who...
Tell me about the shooter
The truth is a matter of circumstances
What about the nurse that lives across...
I thought the punishment usually came...
But we found uses for it
Shall we play a game
We all got the same problems
Let me ask you a question
Whoever he used to be and the guy he is...
As I was saying
You should be proud of yourself
You must miss the good old days
They're a little bit bigger than a
Want some milk
That thing was squeezing my brain
Your work has been a gift to mankind
I don't remember giving you a key
There's a chance you might be in the...
Did you get my flowers
Project Insight has to be delayed
Recruited German scientists with...
Can't run everywhere
They used to play music
What are you doing
What do you want
Fury has released everything to the...
That depends on where you're standing
What were you doing on the Lemurian Star
A nuclear war would do it too
You're out of your depth
About damn time
You're not gonna put me in a prison
- On your left. MAN: Uh-huh. On my left. Got it.
- Don't say it. Don't you say it. - On your left. - Come on! (PANTING) Oh! (GROANING)
- I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran, like, 13 miles in 30 minutes. I guess I got a late start. (CHUCKLES) Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap. Did y
- What's that? Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there, I'd sleep on the ground, use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like... Lying on a marshmallo
- All right, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run. If that's what you want to call running. Oh, that's how it is? - Oh, that's how it is. - Okay. (LAUGHS) Any time you want to stop by the VA, make
- Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil. ROGERS: That's hilarious.
- (CAR DOOR CLOSES) - How you doing? - Hey.
- Can't run everywhere. No, you can't.
- Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago. - Any demands? - Billion and a half. ROGERS: -
- So it's not off-course. It's trespassing. I'm sure they have a good reason. You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor. Relax. It's not that complicated. How many pirates? 25.
- Secure channel seven. Seven secure. Did you do anything fun Saturday night? Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so, no, not really. MALE PILOT ON RADIO: Coming up on the dro
- Too shy, or too scared? Too busy!
- Was he wearing a parachute? No, he wasn't.
- (COCKS GUN) (SPEAKS FRENCH) Don't move.
- Thanks. Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me.
- What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice. Secure the engine room, then find me a date. I'm multi-tasking. (FRENCH PIRATE SPEAKING FRENCH) I told Batroc.
- I have a bullet for someone... You want a bullet in your head? Move that foot - you want a bullet in the head? Huh?
- (BATROC SPEAKING FRENCH) I don't like waiting. Coll Durand. I want this ship ready to move when the ransom comes. (RADIO PIRATE SPEAKING FRENCH)
- Start the engines. Okay. Hey, sailor.
- (PIRATE SPEAKING FRENCH) Shut up. You want to be a hero? Is that it?
- All right, I've waited long enough...
- Hey! Find Batroc... If I don't hear anything in two minutes... ...I start killing them! I'll find him.
- Radio silence from S.H.I.E.L.D., Batroc...
- Targets acquired. S.T.R.I.K.E. in position. Natasha, what's your status?
- (PIRATE SPEAKING FRENCH) Time is up. Who dies first...? You! Get that one.
- On my mark. Three... Two... One. (GUNFIRE) (PIRATES GASP)
- I told you, S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't negotiate. (RADIO PIRATE SPEAKING FRENCH)
- The line just went dead. I've lost contact with them...
- Hostages en route to extraction. Romanoff missed the rendezvous point, Cap. Hostiles are still in play. (PANTING) Natasha, Batroc's on the move. Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages.
- (SPEAKING FRENCH) I thought you were more than just a shield...
- (PANTING) ROMANOFF: Well, this is awkward.
- What are you doing? Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into. Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?
- You're saving S.H.I.E.L.D. intel. Whatever I can get my hands on. Our mission is to rescue hostages. No, that's your mission,
- and you've done it beautifully. You just jeopardised this whole operation. I think that's overstating things.
- (BOTH GROANING) (BOTH PANTING) Okay. That one's on me. You're damn right.
- ROGERS: You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you? FURY: I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours. Which you didn't feel obliged to share. I'm not obliged to do any
- You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that. Insight bay. S.H.I.E.L.D. COMPUTER: Captain Rogers does not have clearance for Project Insight. Director override. Fury, Nicholas J. Confi
- You know, they used to play music. Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for 40 years. Granddad worked in a nice building. Got good tips. He'd walk home every night, a roll of ones
- Yeah, Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much.
- Yeah, I know. They're a little bit bigger than a .22.
- FURY: This is Project Insight. Three next-generation helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites. Launched from the Lemurian Star. Once we get them in the air, they never need to co
- You know, I read those SSR files. "Greatest Generation"? You guys did some nasty stuff. Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so well. But we did it so that people coul
- WOMAN ON PA: Welcome to the Smithsonian. Visitor information booths are available on the second level.
- NARRATOR: A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world.
- The story of Captain America is one of Honour, bravery and sacrifice.
- Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a Programme unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first Super-Soldier.
- WAR FOOTAGE NARRATOR: In this rare footage, everyone's favourite war hero, Captain America... NARRATOR: Battle tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Th
- Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country.
- PEGGY ON VIDEO: That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve, Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned o
- He saved over 1,000 men. Including the man who would... Who would become my husband, as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life.
- You should be proud of yourself, Peggy.
- My only regret is that you didn't get to live yours.
- For as long as I can remember, I just wanted to do what was right.
- I guess I'm not quite sure what that is any more.
- And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders. Serve.
- It's just not the same. (LAUGHS) You're always so dramatic.
- We rather mucked it up. You didn't. Knowing that you helped found S.H.I.E.L.D. is half the reason I stay. Hey.
- The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best. And sometimes the best that we can do is to start over. (COUGHING)
- Steve. Yeah? (GASPS) You're alive. You came back. Yeah, Peggy.
- So long. Well, I couldn't leave my best girl. Not when she owes me a dance.
- Open Lemurian Star's satellite launch file. S.H.I.E.L.D. COMPUTER: Access denied. Run decryption.
- Decryption failed. Director override. Fury, Nicholas J.
- Override denied. All files sealed. On whose authority? Fury, Nicholas J.
- World Security Council. Confirmed.
- Excuse me. More trouble, Mr Secretary? PIERCE: Depends on your definition.
- I work 40 floors away and it takes a hijacking for you to visit? A nuclear war would do it, too. You busy in there? Nothing some earmarks can't fix.
- I'm here to ask a favour. I want you to call for a vote. Project Insight has to be delayed. Nick, that's not a favour, that's a sub-committee hearing. A long one. It could be nothing. It probab
- Fine. But you got to get Iron Man to stop by my niece's birthday party. Thank you, sir. And not just a flyby. He's got to mingle.
- GARCIA: The thing is, I think it's getting worse. A cop pulled me over last week. He thought I was drunk. I swerved to miss a plastic bag.
- WILSON: Some stuff you leave there. Other stuff you bring back. It's our job to figure out how to carry it. Is it gonna be in a big suitcase, or in a little man-purse?
- It's up to you. - I'll see you next week. - Definitely.
- Look who it is, the running man. Caught the last few minutes. It's pretty intense. Yeah, brother, we all got the same problems. Guilt, regret. You lose someone? My wingman, Riley. Flying a ni
- Nothing I could do. It's like I was up there just to watch.
- - I'm sorry. - After that, I had a really hard time finding a reason for being over there, you know?
- But you're happy now, back in the world? The number of people giving me orders is down to about zero. So, hell yeah. Are you thinking about getting out?
- I don't know. To be honest, I don't know what I would do with myself if I did. Ultimate fighting? (LAUGHS) Just a great idea off the top of my head. Seriously, you could do whatever you want to
- I don't know. ELECTRONIC VOICE: Activating communications encryption protocol. Open secure line 0405. Confirmed. This is Hill. I need you here in D.C. Deep shadow conditions. Give me four hour
- Want to see my lease? (SIREN WAILS)
- ELECTRONIC VOICE: Fracture detected. (GASPING)
- Recommend anaesthetic injection.
- D.C. Metro Police dispatch shows no units in this area.
- Propulsion systems offline. Then reboot, damn it!
- Warning. Window integrity compromised. You think? (DRILLING) How long to propulsion? Calculating.
- Window integrity 31 %. Deploying countermeasures. Hold that order!
- Window integrity 19%. Offensive measures advised. Wait!
- Propulsion systems now online. Full acceleration! Now! (ENGINE REVVING)
- Initiate vertical takeoff! Flight systems damaged. Then activate guidance cameras! (GROANING) Give me the wheel!
- Get me Agent Hill. Communications array damaged. Well, what's not damaged? Air conditioning is fully operational.
- Traffic ahead. Give me an alternate route. Traffic alert on Roosevelt Bridge. All vehicles stopped. 17th Avenue clear in three blocks, directly ahead.
- Warning. Approaching intersection.
- Get me off the grid! Calculating route to secure location.
- So sweet. That is so nice. I got to go, though. Okay. Bye.
- My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac.
- Hey, if you want... If you want, you're welcome to use my machine. Might be cheaper than the one in the basement. Oh, yeah? What's it cost? A cup of coffee?
- Thank you, but I already have a load in downstairs, and you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. I just finished a rotation in the infectious disease ward, so... Well, I'll keep my dista
- (19408 MUSIC CONTINUES PLAYING)
- (19408 MUSIC RESUMES PLAYING)
- I don't remember giving you a key. (GRUNTS) You really think I'd need one?
- I didn't know you were married.
- A lot of things you don't know about me. I know, Nick. That's the problem.
- I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash.
- Who else knows about your wife?
- My friends. Is that what we are? That's up to you. Ahh!
- Don't trust anyone. (DOOR OPENS) KATE: Captain Rogers?
- KATE: Captain, I'm Agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D. Special Service. Kate?
- I'm assigned to protect you. ROGERS: On whose order? (GASPS) His.
- Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMTs. DISPATCHER: Do we have a 20 on the shooter? Tell him I'm in pursuit.
- ROMANOFF: Is he gonna make it? ROGERS: I don't know.
- ROMANOFF: Tell me about the shooter. He's fast. Strong.
- Ballistics? Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable. Soviet-made. Yeah. MALE NURSE: He's in V-tach. FEMALE NURSE: Crash cart coming in. DOCTOR: Nurse, help me with the drape. MALE NURS
- MALE DOCTOR: I want you to charge him at 100. Don't do this to me, Nick. Stand back. Three, two, one. Clear. MALE DOCTOR: Pulse? MALE NURSE: No pulse. DOCTOR: Okay, 200, please. Stand back! T
- Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me.
- DOCTOR: What's the time? FEMALE NURSE: 1:03, Doctor.
- MALE DOCTOR: Time of death, 1:03 a.m.
- Why was Fury in your apartment?
- (SIGHS) I don't know. Cap, they want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D. Yeah, give me a second. They want you now. Okay.
- SITWELL ON EARPIECE: S.T.R.I.K.E. team, escort Captain Rogers back to S. H. I.E. L.D. immediately for questioning. RUMLOW: I told him.
- PIERCE: Oh. Captain. I'm Alexander Pierce. Sir, it's an Honour. The honour's mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come on in. PIERCE: That photo was taken five years after Nick and I m
- Captain, why was Nick in your apartment last night?
- I don't know. Did you know it was bugged? I did, because Nick told me. Did he tell you he was the one who bugged it?
- I want you to see something. INTERROGATOR: Who hired you, Batroc? Is that live? Yeah, they picked him up last night in a not-so-safe house in Algiers. ROGERS: Are you saying he's a suspect? Assa
- The sale went sour and that led to Nick's death.
- If you really knew Nick Fury, you'd know that's not true. Why do you think we're talking?
- See, I took a seat on the Council not because I wanted to, but because Nick asked me to, because we were both realists.
- We knew that, despite all the diplomacy and the handshaking and the rhetoric, to build a really better world sometimes means having to tear the old one down.
- Those people that call you dirty because you got the guts to stick your hands in the mud and try to build something better.
- And the idea that those people could be happy today
- makes me really, really angry.
- Captain, you were the last one to see Nick alive. I don't think that's an accident. And I don't think you do, either.
- So, I'm gonna ask again. Why was he there?
- He told me not to trust anyone.
- PIERCE: I wonder if that included him.
- I'm sorry. Those were his last words.
- Captain, somebody murdered my friend and I'm gonna find out why. Anyone gets in my way, they're gonna regret it. Anyone.
- Operations Control. S.H.I.E.L.D. COMPUTER: Confirmed.
- Keep all S.T.R.I.K.E. personnel on site. - Understood. - Yes, sir. RUMLOW: Forensics. COMPUTER: Confirmed. RUMLOW: Cap. Rumlow.
- Evidence Response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the Tac team ready? No, let's wait and see what it is first. Right.
- What's the status so far? MAN: Administrations level. COMPUTER: Confirmed. Excuse me. (INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS)
- I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. It's messed up, what happened to him. Thank you.
- MAN: Records. COMPUTER: Confirmed.
- ROGERS: Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?
- Mobilise S.T.R.I.K.E. units, 25th floor.
- Whoa, big guy. I just want you to know, Cap, this isn't personal!
- Drop the shield and put your hands in the air!
- S.T.R.I.K.E. AGENT: Give it up, Rogers! Get that door open! You have nowhere to go!
- Are you kidding me? He's headed for the garage. Lock down the bridge.
- PILOT: Stand down, Captain Rogers. Stand down. Repeat, stand down.
- SITWELL: Eyes here. Whatever your Op is, bury it. This is Level One. Contact DOT. All traffic lights in the district go red. Shut all runways at BWI, IAD and Reagan. All security cameras in the
- - Where is it? - Safe. - Do better. - Where did you get it? Why would I tell you? Fury gave it to you. Why? - What's on it? - I don't know. Stop lying. I only act like I know everything, Rog
- I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you? Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you. I'm not gonna ask you again.
- Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years. So he's a ghos
- Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now.
- Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said, he's a ghost story.
- Well, let's find out what the ghost wants. PIERCE: Nick Fury was murdered in cold blood. To any reasonable person, that would make him a martyr, not a traitor. ROCKWELL: You know what makes him
- First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk. If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off.
- The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D. will know exactly where we are. How much time will we have? About nine minutes from
- ROMANOFF: Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands. Can you override it?
- I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that S.H.I.E.L.D. developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from. Can I help you gu
- I have the exact same glasses. Wow, you two are practically twins. Yeah, I wish. Specimen. If you guys need anything, I've been Aaron. Thank you.
- - You said nine minutes. Come on. - Relax. Got it.
- You know it? I used to. Let's go.
- Standard Tac team. Two behind, two across, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro. Shut up and put your arm around me. Laugh at som
- Negative at the source. Give me a floor rundown. (OVER RADIO) Negative on three. (OVER RADIO) Negative on two. Snake the upper levels. Work down to me.
- - Kiss me. - What? Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable. Yes, they do.
- You still uncomfortable? It's not exactly the word I would use.
- Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car? - Nazi Germany. - Mmm. And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash.
- All right, I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it though, - you're kind of answering it, you know. - What? Was that your first kiss since
- It's a good way not to die, though. You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone, when you don't know who that someone really is. Yeah.
- Who do you want me to be? How about a friend?
- Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers.
- ROGERS: This is it. The file came from these coordinates. So did I.
- This camp is where I was trained.
- A little. DRILL SERGEANT: Pick up the pace, ladies! Let's go! Let's go! Double time!
- Come on, fall in! Rogers! I said fall in!
- ROMANOFF: This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio.
- Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off.
- What is it? ROGERS: Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place.
- ROMANOFF: This is S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe where it started.
- And there's Stark's father. ROGERS: Howard.
- If you're already working in a secret office,
- why do you need to hide the elevator? (MACHINE BLEEPING)
- This can't be the data point. This technology is ancient.
- Y-E-S spells yes. (POWERING UP) Shall we play a game? - It's from a movie that was really... - I know, I saw it. (COMPUTER BEEPING)
- Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna, born 1984. It's some kind of recording. I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945. But I am.
- ROGERS: Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years. ZOLA: First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 19
- Accessing archive. HYDRA was founded on the belief that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom. What we did not realise was that if you try to take that freedom, they resist. The w
- HYDRA created a world so chaotic that humanity is finally ready to sacrifice its freedom to gain its security. Once a purification process is complete, HYDRA'S new world order will arise. We wo
- (ROGERS GROANING) (GRUNTING)
- RENATA: I'm going to go, Mr Pierce. You need anything before I leave? No... Uh, it's fine, Renata, you can go home. Okay. Night-night. Good night.
- (DOOR CLOSES) Want some milk?
- Two targets, Level Six. They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in 10 hours.
- Sorry, Mr Pierce, I... I forgot my phone.
- Oh, Renata, I wish you would have knocked.
- (GUN FIRING) (RENATA SHRIEKS)
- (PANTING) (KNOCKING ON DOOR)
- Hey, man. I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low. Everyone we know is trying to kill us.
- When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was going straight.
- But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA.
- (SIGHS) I thought I knew whose lies I was telling,
- but I guess I can't tell the difference any more. There's a chance you might be in the wrong business.
- It's okay. If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, now you be honest with me,
- And I'm always honest. Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing. Well, guess I just like to know who I'm fighting. WILSON: I made breakfast. If you guy
- So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?
- Pierce. Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world. But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star.
- So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight? The answer is, you don't. - What's this? - Call it a résumé.
- Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you? You didn't say he was a Pararescue. - Is this Riley? - Yeah. ROMANOFF: I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPG
- I thought you said you were a pilot. I never said pilot.
- I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason. Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in.
- Where can we get our hands on one of these things? The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall.
- Listen, I got to fly home tonight because I got some constituency problem and I got to press the flesh. Any constituent in particular, Mr Senator? Oh, no, not really. Twenty-three, kind of hot.
- - Thank you. - Come here. (WHISPERS) Hail HYDRA.
- - See, it's right there... - Yeah, I just saw that. - Should I get it checked? - I think you should.
- I need a minute. Bring the car around.
- Yes, sir? WILSON: Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious. Who is this? The good-looking guy in the sunglasses, your 10 o'clock.
- What do you want? You're gonna go around the corner to your right. There's a grey car two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride. And why would I do that? Because that tie looks really exp
- (GRUNTING) Tell me about Zola's algorithm. Never heard of it. What were you doing on the Lemurian Star? I was throwing up. I get seasick. (GASPS)
- Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers. You're right. It's not. It's hers.
- (SCREAMING) Oh, wait. What about that girl from Accounting, Laura... Lillian. Lip piercing, right? Yeah, she's cute. Yeah. I'm not ready for that. (CONTINUES SCREAMING) (GROANS)
- Zola's algorithm is a program
- for choosing - insight's targets. - What targets? You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defence, a high school Valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who
- (LAUGHING) How could it not?
- The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it.
- Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future. And what then?
- Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me. What then?
- Then the Insight helicarriers scratch people off the list.
- SITWELL: HYDRA doesn't like leaks. Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it? Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here. I know. We'll use him to bypass the DN
- (HORN BLARES) (PEOPLE SCREAMING)
- (WINTER SOLDIER SPEAKING RUSSIAN) I have her. Find him.
- Go! I got this! (SIRENS WAILING)
- ROMANOFF: Taking fire above and below expressway. Civilians threatened. Repeat, civilians threatened.
- I make an LZ, 2300 block of Virginia Avenue. Rendezvous, two minutes.
- Get out of the way! Stay out of the way! (GUNSHOT) Ahh!
- Bucky? Who the hell is Bucky?
- Drop the shield, Cap! Get on your knees! Get on your knees! (ALL SHOUTING) Get down, get down! Get on your knees! Down! Don't move.
- Put the gun down. Not here. Not here!
- He looked right at me like he didn't even know me. How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago. Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did
- They must have found him and... None of that's your fault, Steve.
- Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky.
- We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck.
- Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain.
- HILL: GSW. She's lost at least a pint. WILSON: Maybe two. - Let me take her. - She'll want to see him first.
- Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache. Don't forget your collapsed lung. Let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good. They
- Bucky, no! (BUCKY SCREAMING)
- ZOLA: The procedure has already started.
- You are to be the new fist of HYDRA. Put him on ice.
- Sir. (STAMMERS) He's unstable. Erratic.
- The man on the bridge. (INAUDIBLE) Who was he? You met him earlier this week on another assignment.
- Your work has been a gift to mankind.
- You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. Society's at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow morning, we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your p
- And HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves.
- PIERCE: Prep him. He's been out of cryo freeze too long. Then wipe him and start over.
- This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues. We have to stop the launch. I don't
- What's that? Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites, becoming fully weaponised. FURY: We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting bl
- Look, I didn't know about Barnes. ROGERS: Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalised that, too? S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, it all goes. HILL: He's right.
- WILSON: Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower.
- It looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain.
- BUCKY: We looked for you, after. (CHURCH BELL TOLLING) My folks wanted to give you a ride to the cemetery. I know, I'm sorry. I just kind of wanted to be alone. How was it? It was okay. She's
- I was gonna ask... I know what you're gonna say, Buck. I just... BUCKY: We can put the couch cushions on the floor like when we were kids. It'll be fun. All you got to do is shine my shoes, ma
- Thank you, Buck, but I can get by on my own. The thing is, you don't have to.
- I'm with you to the end of the line, pal. (SIGHS) He's gonna be there, you know. I know. Look, whoever he used to be and the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind y
- I don't know if I can do that. Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you. He will.
- You gonna wear that? No. If you're gonna fight a war, you got to wear a uniform.
- MAN ON PA: We are in final launch sequence.
- WOMAN ON PA: All personnel to launch stations. PIERCE: And how was your flight? HAWLEY: Lovely. The ride from the airport, less so. Sadly, S.H.I.E.L.D. can't control everything. Including Captai
- This facility is biometrically controlled. And these will give you unrestricted access.
- TECH 1: I've been parking there for two months. TECH 2: But it's his spot. TECH 1: So where's he been? TECH 2: I think Afghanistan. Negative DT Six. The pattern is full. Well, he could've said so
- I'll check it out. MAN ON PA: Triskelion command request we clear the area for launch.
- Excuse us. PIERCE: I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way.
- Finally, we're here. And the world should be grateful. ROGERS ON PA: Attention all S.H.I E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers.
- You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader.
- The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building.
- They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be a
- I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay.
- And if I'm the only one, then so be it.
- But I'm willing to bet I'm not.
- Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head? You smug son of a bitch.
- Preempt the launch sequence. Send those ships up now.
- Is there a problem? I'm sorry, sir. (BREATHING HEAVILY)
- I'm not gonna launch those ships.
- Captain's orders. Move away from your station. Like he said... Hold it right there. Put the gun down! Captain's orders.
- You picked the wrong side, Agent.
- Depends on where you're standing.
- (GUN CLATTERS) (GASPS) (GROANS) (PEOPLE GASP)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENT: Close the bay door! Close the bay door now! Close the bay door!
- Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys? If they're shooting at you, they're bad.
- Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about. You okay?
- PIERCE: Let me ask you a question.
- What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution,
- and you could just stop it, with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?
- Not if it was your switch. (GLASS SHATTERS) (CHUCKLES)
- Satellites in range at 3,000 feet. Falcon, status? Engaging.
- HILL: Eight minutes, Cap. Working on it.
- What are you doing? She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet. - Including HYDRA'S. - And S.H.I.E.L.D.'s. If you do this, none of your past is gonna rema
- Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are? Are you?
- Falcon, where are you now? I had to take a detour.
- LEAD PILOT: All S.H.I.E.L.D. pilots, scramble. We're the only air support Captain Rogers has got.
- Disabling the encryption is an executive order. It takes two Alpha Level members. Don't worry. Company's coming. (HELICOPTER APPROACHING)
- PIERCE: - I'm glad you're here, Nick. - Really?
- Because I thought you had me killed. You know how the game works. So why make me head of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Because you were the best, and the most ruthless person I ever met. I did what I did to pro
- Diplomacy? A holding action, Nick. A band-aid. And you know where I learned that. Bogota.
- You didn't ask. You just did what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing 20 million.
- It's the next step, Nick. If you have the courage to take it. No. I have the courage not to.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. COMPUTER: Retinal scanner active. (CHUCKLES) You don't think we've wiped your clearance from the system? I know you erased my password. Probably deleted my retinal scan. But if you
- you need to keep both eyes open.
- COMPUTER: Alpha level confirmed. Encryption code accepted. Safeguards removed. Charlie carrier is 45 degrees off the port bow.
- (HYDRA SOLDIERS GROANING) Six minutes. Hey, Sam, gonna need a ride. Roger. Let me know when you're ready.
- You know, you're a lot heavier than you look. I had a big breakfast.
- WILSON: Cap! Cap, come in. Are you okay? Yeah, I'm here. I'm still on the helicarrier. - Where are you? - I'm grounded. The suit's down. Sorry, Cap. Don't worry. I got it. (ALARM BLARING) WOM
- S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENT: All S.H.I.E.L.D. agents regroup at Rally Point Delta. (YELLS) (ALL GRUNTING)
- DISPATCH: (ON RADIO) Sir, the Council's been breached. - Repeat, Dispatch. - Black Widow's up there. Headed up.
- - Falcon? - Yeah. Rumlow's headed for the Council. I'm on it.
- Please don't make me do this.
- Unless you want a two-inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down.
- That was armed the moment you pinned it on.
- Drop it! Drop it! (SCREAMS)
- I'm on 41, headed toward the southwest stairwell.
- This is gonna hurt. There are no prisoners with HYDRA. Just order. And order only comes through pain.
- - You ready for yours? - Man, shut the hell up.
- Lieutenant, how much longer? CHARLIE XO: (ON RADIO) 65 seconds to satellite link. Targeting grid engaged. Lowering weapons array now.
- HILL: (ON RADIO) 30 seconds, Cap.
- CHARLIE WEAPONS TECH: (ON RADIO) We've reached 3,000 feet. Sat link coming online now.
- Deploy algorithm. CHARLIE WEAPONS TECH: Algorithm deployed. PIERCE: (ON RADIO) We are go to target.
- CHARLIE WEAPONS TECH: Target saturation reached. All targets assigned. Fire when ready.
- Firing in... Three, two... (GRUNTS) One.
- (PANTS) Charlie lock. Where are the targets?
- Where are the targets? Okay, Cap, get out of there.
- Fire now. - But, Steve... - Do it! Do it now!
- What a waste. ROMANOFF: So, you still on the fence about Rogers' chances? Time to go, Councilwoman. This way. Come on. You're going to fly me out of here. You know, there was a time I would've
- You're out of your depth, kid.
- Please tell me you got that chopper in the air! ROMANOFF: (ON RADIO) Sam, where are you? 41st floor! Northwest corner! We're on it! Stay where you are! Not an option!
- 41st floor! 41st! It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building. Hill! Where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?
- You've known me your whole life.
- Your name is James Buchanan Barnes. Shut up!
- (ROARS) (GRUNTS) You're my mission. (GRUNTING) You're my mission!
- Because I'm with you to the end of the line.
- (R&B MUSIC CONTINUES PLAYING)
- FEMALE BAILIFF: Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? ROMANOFF: I do.
- COMMITTEE MEMBER: Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers? (CAMERAS CLICKING) I don't know what there is left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point
- You're not going to put me in a prison. You're not going to put any of us in a prison. You know why? Do enlighten us. Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we help
- So, if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me.
- So, you've experienced this sort of thing before. You get used to it.
- We've been data mining HYDRA'S files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship.
- I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come. There's something I got to do first. How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities. I'm more of a soldier than a spy. All
- Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here.
- You should be honoured. That's about as close as he gets to saying thank you. Not going with him? - Not staying here. - Nah. I blew all my covers. I got to go figure out a new one. That might
- That thing you asked for, I called in a few favours from Kiev.
- Will you do me a favour? Call that nurse. She's not a nurse. And you're not a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. - What was her name again? - Sharon. She's nice.
- Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread.
- You're going after him. You don't have to come with me. I know.
- It's over. Fury has released everything to the public. Everything he knows about. Herr Strucker, if they get word of our work here, if they find out we serve HYDRA... HYDRA, S.H.I.E.L.D. Two si
- is worth more than any of them ever knew.
- We've only scratched the surface and already,
- there are other facilities doing HYDRA'S good work around the world. We'll feed them to Captain America and his colourful friends, and keep them off our scent. What about the volunteers? The dea
- Sooner or later, they will meet the twins.
- It's not a world of spies any more. Not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, Doctor.
- There's nothing more horrifying than a miracle.
Steve Rogers - Chris Evans
Nick Fury - Samuel L. Jackson
Natasha Romanoff - Scarlett Johansson
Alexander Pierce - Robert Redford
Bucky Barnes - Sebastian Stan
Sam Wilson - Anthony Mackie
Maria Hill - Cobie Smulders
Brock Rumlow - Frank Grillo
Jasper Sitwell - Maximiliano Hernández
Kate - Emily VanCamp
Peggy Carter - Hayley Atwell
Dr. Arnim Zola - Toby Jones
Smithsonian Guard - Stan Lee
Jack Rollins - Callan Mulvey
Councilwoman Hawley - Jenny Agutter
Councilman Singh - Bernard White
Councilman Rockwell - Alan Dale
Councilman Yen - Chin Han
Senator Stern - Garry Shandling
Georges Batroc - Georges St-Pierre
French Pirate #1 - Salvator Xuereb
French Pirate #2 - Brian Duffy
Engine Pirate - Zack Duhame
French Radio Pirate - Adetokumboh M'Cormack
Skinny Steve - Christopher George Sarris
Specialist Cameron Klein - Aaron Himelstein
Launch Tech #2 - Allan Chanes
Dr. Fine (as Gozie Agbo) - Joe Russo
SHIELD Interrogator #1 - Christopher Markus
SHIELD Interrogator #2 - Stephen McFeely
Scientist #1 - Pat Healy
Scientist #2 - Ed Brubaker
Apple Employee (as D C Pierson) - D.C. Pierson
Com Tech #1 - Danny Pudi
Com Tech #2 - Bernard Zilinskas
Renata - Branka Katic
Garcia - Angela Russo-Otstot
Charlie XO - Jon Sklaroff
Charlie Weapons Tech - Chad Todhunter
SHIELD Tech - Abigail Marlowe
Lead SHIELD Pilot - Jeremy Maxwell
Senior SHIELD Agent - Emerson Brooks
SHIELD Agent - Evan Parke
Strike SGT. #1 - Ricardo Chacon
Strike SGT. #2 (as Griffin M. Allen) - Griff Allen
Strike Agent - Ann Russo
Strike Agent - Joe Rosalina
Strike Agent - Michael Debeljak
Strike Agent - Eddie J. Fernandez
25th Floor Strike Agent - Jody Hart
Scudder - Steven Culp
Human Resources Executive - Derek Hughes
Doctor - Wendy Hoopes
Lead EMT (as Ethan Rains) - Iman Nazemzadeh
CIA Instructor - Dominic Rains
Capitol Hill Police - Charles Wittman
Capitol Hill Police - Andy Martinez Jr.
FBI Agent - Michael De Geus
FBI Agent - Terence O'Rourke
Committee Member - Anne Grimenstein
Little Boy in the Smithsonian - Dante Rosalina
Fury Car - Robert Clotworthy
SHIELD Computer (voice) - June Christopher
The Smithsonian Narrator (voice) - Gary Sinise
SHIELD Strike Agent - Davis Aguila
ER Nurse - Karen Gadson Alexander
Diplomat - Tex Allen
DC Cop / Driver - Dan Anders
Museum Kid - Cullum Andrews
Pedestrian - Diedra Arthur-O'Ree
Military Veteran - Ben Atkins
Soldier - Thomas R. Baker
SHIELD Agent - Dean Barlage
SHIELD Strike Agent - Dyrell Barnett
Tourist - Shaira Barton
French Mercenary Soldier - David Biedrzycki
SHIELD Agent - J. Blakemore
Mall Pedestrian - Troy Bogdan
Patron - Sharita Bone
French Pirate - Nicolas Bosc
DC Pedestrian - Colin Botts
Smithsonian Guard - Ken Bray
Armed Guard - Drew Breeden
Mall Guest - Cristee Brianas
Museum Visitor - Kathryn Bright
Quinjet Pilot - John Brooks Jr.
Mall Patron - Brittany Buck
SHIELD Strike Agent - Jeremy Michael Burns
Museum Patron - Amanda Burry
SHIELD Agent - Travis Allen Bush
SHIELD Strike Agent - Jose W. Byers
Museum Visitor - Rachel Camacho
DC Businessman - Ulysses E. Campbell
Baseball Player - Steven Thomas Capp
Secretary of Defense - Cullen G. Chambers
SHIELD Agent - Sandhya Chandel
Driver - Michael V. Chastain
SHIELD Strike Agent - Giles Clarke
SHIELD Strike Agent - Daniel Clifford
DC Businessman - David Cohen
SHIELD Flight Deck crew - Joel Cole
DC Pedestrian - Adrian Coles
WW2 Russian Soldier - Andrew Constantini
Mall Patron - Kelly Copeland
SHIELD Agent - Martin Cremer
SHIELD Agent - Layla Cushman
Virtual Repelling Strike Force Agent - Guy Cusson
SHIELD Strike Agent - Rydell Danzie
National Mall Jogger - Alan Davis
Surgeon - Rick L. Dean
DC Pedestrian - Rick Dremann
Sergeant Duffy (ADR) - Damon Driver
DC Commuter - Shannon Edwards
SHIELD Strike Agent - Michael Eric
Museum Vistor - Mark Falvo
DC Professional - John Fecek
Pedestrian - Rod Fielder
Virtual DC Cop - Roshawn Franklin
SHIELD Tech Agent - Alvin J. Frazier II
Guest Services Volunteer - Logan Fry
DC Pedestrian - Lauren Gabbard
Mall Patron - Carmen Gangale
Museum Guest - Bryan Geary
SHIELD Agent - JoAnna Leigh Gerondale
Apple Store Shopper - Nicholas Gibeault
Museum Guest - Shawn Gonzalez
Dr. List - Henry Goodman
Museum Patron - David Gragg
Stabbing Vagrant - Rylend Grant
Smithsonian Visitor - Philip Greene
Museum Staff - Dot Gregory
Military Veteran - Jordan Greytak
Victim - Beshoy Hanna
SHIELD Security - Aswan Harris
Mall Patron - Carmen Dee Harris
Street Dealer - Kriz Chris Henri Harriz
SHIELD Agent - Brian Hartong
DC Businessman - Nate Hatton
SHIELD Strike Agent - Josh Heileman
Pedestrian - Dominique Henderson
Mall Pedestrian - Rachel Herrick
Politician - David Hill
SHIELD Agent - Hamilton Ray Hodge
DC Business Woman - Jenna Hoskins
Smithsonian Guard - James Howard
Mall Pedestrian - Raiden Integra
Strike Force Agent - Johnathon L. Jackson
DC Businessman - Chris Jameson
ER Nurse - Domaine Javier
Museum Visitor - Vimalraj Jayaseelan
Museum Guest - Christopher Kaczmarek
SHIELD Security Guard - Mike Karban
DC Cop - Bill Kennedy
SHIELD Agent - Robert E. Kerr
Museum Guest - Andrew Kiser
SHIELD Strike Agent / Driver - Kevin Kissig
SHIELD Agent - Jason Klingensmith
Museum Visitor / Mall Patron - Sharyn Kmieciak
SHIELD Tech Agent - Tara Kodosky
Baron Wolfgang von Strucker - Thomas Kretschmann
DC Pedestrian - Inder Kumar
Man with Captain America shirt - Justin Lally
DC Business Woman - Jennifer Lavi
SHIELD Agent - Annette Lawless
Precision Driver - Kris Leiter
Smithsonian Museum Visitor - James Lewis
CIA Recruit - Lucas Lind
Pedestrian - Scott Lockhart
SWAT Member - Carlos Lopez Jr.
Smithsonian Employee - George Ludden
Quinjet Pilot - Les Mahoney
DC Pedestrian - Phil Mallon
DC Cop - David L. Marston
Hostage - Charlene May
Pedestrian - Joseph McCaughtry
Museum-Employee Supervisor - Terry McConnaughey
Pedestrian / Precision Driver - Kayla McDonald
Colonel - Orlando McNary
SHIELD Agent - Neal McNeil
Museum Visitor - Britney Meeks
Apple Employee - Justin Mitchiner
DC Cop - Brian R. Moore
DC Professional - Tony Moore
Mall Patron - Sue Danna Myer
Mall Patron - Paul Nandzik
Wanda Maximoff - Elizabeth Olsen
Ship Hostage - Philip Ongert
Man exiting apartment 1938 flashback - Roger Petan
Mall Patron - Edward Pfeifer
Museum Security Guard - Bryan Pixler
SHIELD Strike Agent - Paul J. Porter
SHIELD Tech - Sage Porter
DC Construction Worker / Pedestrian - LaTrallo Presley
SHIELD Agent / Mall Patron - Kristina Randjelovic
Pedestrian / Businessman - Marse Ratliff
SHIELD Agent - Martin Reese
SHIELD Agent - Brent Reichert
DC Pedestrian - Katana Ren
Mall Pedestrian - Danea Rhodes
DC Businessman - Vincent Riviezzo
Sound Guy - Paul David Roberts
Museum Visitor - Jason Rocco
Military Veteran - Earl Rorer
1940's Soldier - Trent Rowland
Mall Shopper / Museum Guest - Gabriella Sagnes
Kid at the museum - Jostein Sagnes
Museum Patron - Brenda Sampson
DC Pedestrian - Lynda Santa
Mall Patron - Melissa Santiago
SHIELD Agent - Jason G. Sarris
Museum Visitor - Debbie Scaletta
SHIELD Agent - Robert B. Schneider IV
SHIELD Security Guard - Jeff Seich
Committee General - Nestor Serrano
Mall Patron - Tom Shafer
DC Driver - Christina Shaffer
SHIELD Security - Joel Shock
SHIELD Agent - Michael Simpson Jr.
Museum Tourist - Brandon Singleton
SHIELD Strike Agent - Matthew Skomo
DC Pedestrian - Kevin Slone
Museum Guest - Al Sotto
Husband - Jason Speer
DC Businessman - Patrick Michael Strange
Agent of Shield - Jason Tait
SHIELD Agent - Derek Talib
Pietro Maximoff - Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Civilian - Simmie Terrell
Museum Visitor - Joel Thingvall
SHIELD Agent - Robert P. Thitoff
Mall pedestrian - B.A. Tobin
DC Pedestrian - Nicole Tubbs
Riley - Ron Underdahl
DC Pedestrian - Jason L. Wang
Baseball Coach - Christopher Warner
SAG Vehicle Driver - Lawrence Whitener
Mall Patron - Jasmine With
Boy in Captain America Suit - Xavier Wolf
French Pirate / SHIELD Strike Agent - Travis Wong
Museum Visitor - Theresa Wylie
Hydra Soldier - Mitchell Yee
Mall Pedestrian - Jimmel Young