Dolemite Is My Name
Eddie Murphy portrays real-life legend Rudy Ray Moore, a comedy and rap pioneer who proved naysayers wrong when his hilarious, obscene, kung-fu fighting alter ego, Dolemite, became a 1970s Blaxploitation phenomenon.
Director: Craig Brewer
Writer: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski
Released: 25 Oct 2019
Movie Video Clips
Dolemite is my name
I'm going to bet on myself
He looks like one of them Alfred...
Is there any angle that you could shoot...
I don't know how much longer we can do...
I ain't lying
Pay for these fucking greens yourself
This microphone smells like ass
I told him
- ♪ Tryin' to hold back this feeling For so long ♪ ♪ And if you feel like I feel, baby ♪ ♪ Then come on Oh ♪ I ain't lying, man. People love me. Hey, if you play this song, I guarantee motherfuck
- Nah, brother. We missed our shots. I think we both need to get back to work. All right, man. Thanks for nothing. Marvin Gaye ain't shit. S-L-Y to the Family Stone. You're rocking with your main
- How you doing today, young brother? All right, man. Stevie Wonder and Stylistics. Yeah, you listen to the good stuff.
- ♪ Fingers start shakin' ♪
- - ♪ Bullets start chasin' ♪ - Sorry. Man, you got shipments piled up in back, and I been on this register all morning. - Sorry I'm late, Rudy. My apologies. - Move your ass. Man, here's your chan
- ♪ Thank you falettinme be mice elf ♪ - ♪ Agin ♪ - Later, man.
- ♪ Stiff all in the collar ♪
- ♪ Chit-chat chatter tryin' ♪
- ♪ Stuffy in the place ♪ Hey, my man. All right. ♪ Thank you for the party ♪
- ♪ But I could never stay ♪
- ♪ Many thangs is on my mind ♪
- ♪ Words in the way ♪ ♪ I want to ♪ ♪ Thank you falettinme ♪ - Shit. - ♪ Be mice elf ♪ - ♪ Agin ♪ - Hah.
- ♪ Ha ha ha ♪ ♪ Thank you falettinme be mice elf ♪ ♪ Agin ♪ Ladies and gentlemen, it is so good to be here tonight. I only recently returned back from Broadway. Yes, I was on Broadway. I was on
- What did the elephant say to the naked man?
- "Are you gonna breathe with that small thing?"
- All right, without any further ado, I'd like to bring to the stage... ...the hot musical sounds of our headliner... The Ben Taylor Band. Come on, give it up for The Ben Taylor Band.
- Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to take you to the track one more time. And here's a late scratch, ladies and gentlemen. Anna's Ass has been
- He got you there, Rudy. Hey, you know what? Fuck you, niggas. Fuck y'all know, anyway?
- Man, I'm sorry. We was just havin' a little fun.
- Hey, man, how'd my life get so damn small?
- I came out here with some big plans, Jimmy. I was gonna do it all, just like Sammy Davis Jr. Movies, concerts, TV. Everything. This job at Dolphin's supposed to be my temporary day job. Cut to
- - You still got the Californian Club. - Oh, man. That ain't gonna lead to shit.
- I ain't got nothing nobody want.
- I need a better punchline. Fucked a... cow... bull, a cow. Fucked a elephant. Dared her to mutter.
- I could look up a bull's ass and tell you the price of butter.
- That is funny. Fucked an elephant down to a coon. Even fucked the same... Yes, I fucked an elephant down to a coon.
- I fucked a elephant down to a coon!
- Yes, I fucked a elephant down to a coon. Even fucked the same cow that jumped over the motherfucking moon. I got kicked out of South America for fucking steers. I fucked a she elephant till she
- I got thrown out of South America for fucking steers.
- I fucked King Kong's mama till she broke down in tears.
- Dole-Dolemite is my... Dolemite is my name.
- Way down in the jungle deep, lion stepped on the s... Way down in the jungle deep...
- a lion stepped on a signified monkey's feet!
- Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my game!
- All right. How it is that he can take you beautiful people with him? That's my kinfolk. Come on now. Stay right here. Yes, sir.
- The fuck is you in tux? What'd you do to your hair? You look like a pimp. I come up with a new character and all new material, too. Well, actually, it's old material. I don't need this.
- Just stick to your regular set.
- Way down in the jungle deep...
- the lion stepped on the signified monkey's feet.
- The monkey said, "Motherfucker, can't you see... you standing on my goddamn feet?" The lion said, "I ain't heard a word you said. If you say three more, I'll jump off on your motherfucking head.
- Man, don't give me that Buddy Hackett shit. Make that shit swing. Put your weight on it. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
- But the monkey got wise and started using his wit.
- Said, "I think I'm gonna bring an end to all this ass-kicking shit."
- He ran up on the lion the very next day.
- He said, "Oh, Mr. Lion, there's a big, bad, burly motherfucker coming your way."
- He said, "And he's somebody that you don't know... 'cause he just broke-a loose from Ringling Brothers' show."
- Said, "He talked about your people in a hell of a way.
- Yes, he talked about your people till my hair turned gray."
- He said, "Your daddy's a freak, and your mama's a whore."
- Said, "He spotted you in the jungle sellin' your black ass from door to door."
- He said, "Your sister got down and did a hell of a trick.
- She got so low, she sucked a earthworm's dick."
- He said he corn-holed your uncle, fucked your auntie and your niece, and the next time he see your grandma, he gonna get him another good piece.
- Why the hell is there a line? You told me we were going to a party. We are going to a party. We're making a party record. Come on in. Come on in. Watch your step. - Watch your step. - Gimme some
- Fedco gin? I didn't even know they made alcohol. Nigga, we ain't going for flavor. Look, I don't see how this can work. We should be in a real club. I don't wanna hear that shit. We got what we
- All right, y'all know what it is. Y'all know what time it is. It's show time, y'all. Come on now.
- Give yourself a round of applause. Okay, I want everybody to have a good time tonight. We doing a album this evening, a live recording. We got a engineer back there. He's professional. That nig
- Some folks say Willie Green... was the baddest motherfucker that the world had ever seen. I want you to light you up a joint, take a real good shit, and screw your wig on tight.
- And let me tell you about that bad motherfucker called Dolemite. Dolemite. Come on, Rudy. Now, Dolemite was born in San Antone.
- A rambling, gambling, scrambling motherfucker since the day he was born. On the day he was dropped from his mammy's ass... he slapped his pappy in the face, and said, "From now on, cocksucker,
- - Can you grasp the distinction? - No, I do not. If I want to say that a woman's pussy is so hot, it makes a motherfucker's asshole burn, then I'm gonna say it!
- Then say it. But you've got a product here that you can't sell or promote.
- What'd he say? Shit, man, we just got into some legal semantic argument about cocksucking.
- You know what, man? Fuck him. We gonna put this shit out ourself. Come on.
- - Say, Rudy. What's with the devil faces? - I want it to look illegal. Real naughty. Like some shit they ain't supposed to have.
- Yes, I rode across the ocean on the head of my dick. Ate nine tons of cat shit and ain't never got sick.
- Rudy. I fucked bitches and paid my rent. I don't owe a living ass a motherfucking cent.
- So, motherfuckers, can't you see? I pity the son of a bitch that fucks with me.
- I can walk the desert sand and never leave a track. Fuck the hump out of a camel's back. Hey, man. All right, wait for a second. Wanna buy one of these ashtrays, nigga? Welcome back to the Calif
- All right. Mules have kicked me, and they didn't bruise my hide. A rattlesnake bit me and then just crawled off and died. 'Cause Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my game.
- Said he spotted you in the jungle selling your black ass from door-to-door. Quiet. Listen. Said your sister got down and did a hell of a trick. She got so low she sucked a earthworm's dick. - W
- And you think this can cross over? To who? Whites? No. To blacks who don't shop out of car trunks.
- I just want to say to all you Bihari brothers that I am ecstatic. Anything y'all want me to do, man. Whatever it takes to make this record go up the charts, I'm ready to do it. Okay, Rudy. We're
- I'm like Muhammad Ali. We getting ready to shock the worlds. I got to be totally outrageous. That's what I'm talking about. Hey, give me that. Crystal, lay out here for a second for me, honey. -
- Yes, it sure is good to be here in Mississippi.
- The only place where the ducks fly upside down, 'cause it ain't nothing worth shitting on. I used to know a fella from Mississippi. He was so dumb. This motherfucker was so dumb, he thought manu
- This motherfucker was so dumb, he turned down a blow job 'cause he thought they'd stop giving him his unemployment check. I ain't lying. This was a dumb motherfucker.
- Look at it. Uh-uh. When you see it moving like that, it's talking to me.
- Not only can it talk, it can sing, too. You don't believe it can sing? You don't believe it can sing? You don't believe it can sing? Hey, baby, sing for my brother.
- Damn! ♪ Oh, yeah, I ain't studdin' ya ♪
- ♪ Tell y'all, tell y'all I ain't studdin' ya ♪
- Now, we all know what we've been waiting for.
- Bobby Rush. Good to see you, man. Come on, let's hear it for Bobby Rush, the prince of the blues, y'all!
- I know one thing... this microphone smell like ass.
- Hey, bartender, how about a drink for the pretty girl? Come on now. I know what the hell I am. I ain't pretty, and I sure as hell ain't no goddamn girl.
- I'll have a daiquiri. Your ass should be headlining here tomorrow with that right hand you got. - That was a hell of a fight. - Fight? Shit. You know, she can go on ahead and have his sorry ass
- He shouldn't be spending that paycheck for all his run-around hussies when we got our son out here with holes in his britches and shoes.
- - Lady Reed. - Lady Reed. You ever been up onstage, Lady Reed? Nah, I ain't show folk. Oh, shit. Yeah, you are. I could tell. Some people walk around with their own little personal spotlight. I
- I used to be a backup singer in New Orleans. I knew it. I told you. - You sure do. - Singer, huh? I'd get so nervous, I had to hang on to the mic from not falling over. Butterflies all in my s
- I mean, I can make my son laugh.
- But what... what would I do? I'm not really no pimp. I ain't got no stable of whores. I just created a character. I do it all the time. I been Prince DuMarr. I been the Harlem Hillbilly. And to
- - Tug on my shit. - Tug on what? - Tug on my sh... Just tug on me. - Tug on this? Mm-hmm. Just give a little tug. Don't tug too hard. Don't take the motherfucker off. - Oh, shit. That's a mothe
- ♪ If I was a little bitty girl ♪ ♪ Had me a lot of money ♪ ♪ I'd marry me a confident man ♪ ♪ He'd be good as any ♪ ♪ He would screw, I would screw ♪ ♪ We would screw together ♪ ♪ Wouldn't we ha
- Chicken-shit whores come and get advice from me. Now, my drawers, they may be raggedy. But they be, oh, so clean. 'Cause, honey, I got some of the best pussy that you done ever seen. ♪ If'n I w
- Rudy, you got a phone call. A one-eyed shooter. - Hello? - Rudy? Rudy, it's Joe Bihari. I've been looking all over for you. - Have you seen Billboard? - Man, you sound crazy as cat shit. I'm o
- What? I'm serious, my friend. Shooting straight up with a bullet. Now get your ass back to L.A. We need to record some more albums.
- Ladies and gentlemen, Dolemite himself... Mr. Rudy Ray Moore!
- Flow like a river. - Yeah! - Amen. How's it goin', baby? What's going on, my man? Yeah, yeah.
- Hey, y'all, excuse me a second, man. Hey!
- So will you play my record now, man? My apologies, Mr. Dolemite. Coming right up. Play that shit now. That's the good stuff.
- ♪ Eat an apple every day ♪ ♪ Get to bed by three ♪ ♪ Take good care of yourself ♪ ♪ You belong to me ♪ ♪ Be careful crossing streets ♪ ♪ Ooh-ooh ♪ ♪ Don't eat meats ♪ ♪ Ooh-ooh ♪ ♪ Cut out swe
- - What the fuck was that, man? - That was some bullshit. Nobody even got naked. Was that even a real movie? I told him let's go see Blackenstein. Why do these creaky old people get to star in m
- I have a gigantic fan base. Just did a national tour, just got back from it. And I had two albums hit the Billboard charts at the same time. That's why I feel it's time for me to make my move to
- Well, hey, man, I put on a girdle. What I got to do? Come on, brother. They waiting on Dolemite movie. Let's bring Dolemite to the screen. I don't know how much longer we can do these pictures,
- Brother, don't nobody wanna see no shit like that. Come on, Rudy. Be realistic. You're not a movie star. You're not an actor. You're not Billy Dee Williams. You're a comedy star. Be happy with
- I want the world to know I exist.
- Sweet Jesus, when will this stop? I'm gonna kill that pusher. - I'm gonna make him pay! - No! More death won't solve our problems! Well, then what will, Mom? I am not about to lose another son.
- We want this thing to be raw. Tell it like it is on the streets. Yeah, lots of pimps and whores and cussing and all that shit. And kung fu, karate. Brothers love all that kung fu. Gotta have all
- You know what we should have? A all-girl kung-fu army. Um, you know, there's... ...there's plenty of story opportunity, Rudy. Across this nation, inner cities are bein' plagued by violent crime.
- Maybe you're right. I don't wanna be cleaning up green vomit off the set. We'll put the devil in another movie. Rudy, um, in storytelling, it's always best to, um... you know, write what you know
- Now what do you mean when you say "write what you know"? What do I... I mean... You've lived a life, you know? You... Things you've done. So you tell stories about your own experience. It ain't
- Okay, then. Yeah. We could use all that.
- ♪ Listen to me, brothers ♪ ♪ Listen well ♪ ♪ Brothers, we got something to tell ♪ Look at the titties on her, man. Yeah, man, she talented. You ain't lying.
- Any of you boys interested in a dance? Oh, no, mama. We here casting for my new motion-picture film. No! No, I ain't doin' no porn. You porn motherfuckers always coming down here... Woman, I'm m
- Say, Rudy. Hey, that's D'Urville Martin. That ain't no fucking D'Urville Martin. What would D'Urville Martin be doing in here, man? Who's D'Urville Martin? Oh, you know. That sidekick nigga that
- - Hey, that is D'Urville Martin. - Nigga, I told you.
- D'Urville Martin? I'm Rudy Ray Moore. You probably don't recognize me, 'cause I usually have on my album covers a big afro wig, and sometime I don't wear anything. Oh, well, that must be it, then
- Ahh. What's the part? It's actually not written yet, brother, but we're open to your input. Whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. I am legit, man. I have an agent. - I have a entertainment lawyer. - That'
- What the fuck is that? Hey, look here, man. Look here. If I was white, you think you could just walk up here and hire me? I've been directed by Roman Polanski. - Rosemary's Baby. That's what it i
- Whoo. Whoa. - Don't worry. It's okay. - Hey, looky here. These guys with you? Yeah, man. We the producers. Mm-mm-mm. Well, looky here. I'm-a tell you something.
- It's okay, baby. You motherfuckers are the worst producers I have ever met in my life. Think you can just walk up in here, engage an artist's talent with belittlement? Insult? - Get to truckin'
- We have got the great D'Urville Martin directing and co-starring. We got Jerry Jones writing the script, and Ben E. Taylor done put together a theme song for me that's badder than Superfly and Sh
- ♪ Big bad Dolemite ♪ ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ What y'all think of that?
- Uh, Rudy, you're very persuasive. We admire your passion. You gotta understand, Rudy. You're not just asking for a loan here. You're asking for an advance on future royalties. We'll do it, it's
- Well, I know all that, but...
- I'm gonna bet on myself. Ain't nobody gonna put me on the screen 'cept for me, and everybody I talked to say they wanna see a Dolemite movie. Well, you understand you're not supposed to make a mo
- Well, that's fine with me, 'cause every city in America got them same five blocks, and those folks is gonna love it.
- Behold. The Dunbar Hotel. Holy shit.
- - This place is overrun with junkies. - But we gonna clear 'em all out, man. Look, they had Universal Studios, you got MGM Studios, and this is gonna be Dolemite Studios. - What? - Yeah, man. Lo
- Get that mattress up there and get that blanket up off there and get all that. Get all that dust and shit up off the ground, too. Y'all left a whole lot of shit up there up on that counter. Did
- Uh-uh. We ain't going shoppin'. That's for the movie. Come on now. Put that shit back on the rack. Hey, make sure you do the Dolemite bedroom on the second floor. Make sure you do that kind of s
- - You said we were going to a sound stage. - I know. I... I don't know what the hell this is.
- You're welcome, sweetie. Lights already set up, fellas.
- Mirrors on every wall. Where am I supposed to hide my lights?
- Ceiling is eight foot tall. This is... This is impossible. Nick? There's no juice. Okay, check the downstairs panels, see if there's juice down there. Oh, no, no, no. Ain't no electricity. Ain't
- Why come somebody can't just climb up this pole here and steal it from next door? I'm on it.
- - Is that the what? - The DP. Director of photography. Oh, yeah, that's him. That's our director of photography. How old is that cat, man? I don't know. Sixteen. - Twenty. - Oh, Rudy, Rudy, Ru
- Another reality is this room is giving me a headache. What else we got?
- - Oh. - Shit. Goddamn. Yeah, we gotta get these floors fixed, Jimmy. I mean, is anything around here useful?
- "Twenty-four hours to get out of town, Willie Green. Willie Green, I'm giving you 24 hours to get out of town.
- And... And 23 of 'em is already gone. Willie Green, I'm giving you 24 hours to get out of town. And 23 of 'em is already gone." That's good. "You got 24 hours to get out of town, and twenty...
- You got 24 hours to get out of town, and 23 is already gone, motherfucker.
- You dirty motherfucker. You told me I wasn't shit, huh? You the one that ain't shit. Look at me now, motherfucker.
- Wanna know who I am? I'm Dolemite. Fucking farmer. Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my game, you no-business-born, rat-soup-eating, insecure motherfucker.
- Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my game.
- No-business-born, insecure, junkyard-rat-soup-eating motherfucker!
- ♪ Down and out ♪ ♪ I mean when you down and out ♪ That seems to work just fine. So, how'd you find yourself on this production? - Oh, well, actually, I'm Rudy's protegée. - Ah. Yeah. I think, u
- This scene makes no fucking sense. Why don't it make sense? Why would the warden release the prisoner so that he can go undercover? Because there is a drug issue in the neighborhood. We're deali
- Jibber. Jabber. - What? - Jibber-jabber. - How is it jibber-jabber? - How is that? You telling me that just because the governor is tight with the woman that own the whorehouse that he make t
- Fuck it. Y'all do what you wanna do. - What do you think about the lighting? - Why don't we turn off all of the lights? That way, we don't have to look at the scene. - Hey, man, that ain't cool.
- Scene two... warden's office. Take one marker. Action. Sit down, Dolemite. You know Mama Queen Bee here, I'm sure. For damn near two years, she's been bugging me about your innocence. And you
- Now, you're a gambling man, aren't you?
- It depends on the game, Warden, and how high the stakes are. Well, I might as well level with you. The game is rough, and the stake is your life.
- Damn, that was so real! You see how he was staring at me? I got a chill down my back. Man, that was some good shit. This gonna be a good scene. Man, I can't wait to watch this movie. Hey, when c
- Scene three... take one marker. Action. Hold it, Dolemite.
- What do you want, man? Where's your warrant at? This badge is my warrant. Open up the trunk.
- There's nothing in my trunk, man. Open the trunk!
- That shit ain't mine. I don't know how it got in there.
- You going to jail for a long time. You gonna have to take me!
- Is there any angle that you could shoot this where it looks like he's actually kicking him?
- Roll it. Goddamn it. Action!
- I don't understand this cat. He pretending like he know karate. Pretending like he could be a sex machine. Like a little kid playin' dress-up.
- - What planet is this cat on? - That's for fucking with me, you no-business-born, insecure, junkyard-rat-soup-eating motherfuckers!
- I see no reason to do... it again. Was it good as Shaft?
- ♪ Oh, he's bad ♪ ♪ Badass ♪ ♪ Man is outta sight ♪ ♪ Ooh-ee ♪
- ♪ He's a tough son of a gun, y'all ♪ ♪ He's Dolemite ♪
- ♪ I-I-I heard of his coming ♪ ♪ Even before his time ♪ ♪ And I ain't lying, listen ♪ ♪ On the day that he was born ♪ ♪ His pappy wore a sign ♪ ♪ Saying Dolemite is here ♪ ♪ And this bad, bad bro
- Man, that's it, man! - All right! - Drive, nigga, drive!
- - They're going too fast. - We need the speed for the puddle splash. Puddle splash? Oh, shit! Oh, no! - Oh, I'm brown sugar. I melt. - Perfect. I ain't seen no puddle splash in the script. Whe
- ♪ Man is dynamite ♪ ♪ Dolemite ♪ ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ ♪ Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Yeah, yeah, all right ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪
- ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ Take one marker. I've been told beauty need to be in front of the camera. - They about to blow the car. - They ain't gonna blow that up. Listen... Going hot. - Going hot?
- Goddamn. - Holy... - Shit. - Bravo. - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - Damn! - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ Fuck a dead duck! ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - Payday, man. Have a happy Fourth o
- Tomorrow's the big day. What you talking about, Ben? Tomorrow... your big sex scene. You slick, man, putting that scene in the movie - just so you could fuck the white girl. - Don't be nervous.
- Yeah. Don't let that fire hit...
- Why in the fuck did Jerry have to put this sex scene in the middle of this movie? Because you the leading man, nigga, and you have all these half-naked girls. Shit, the folks gonna wanna see you
- It can be funny. Exactly. It could be funny.
- Act-ion. Ooh. Give it to me, Dolemite. Oh, yeah. Ooh. Yes. Dolemite. Oh. Oh, give it to me.
- Oh. Oh, Dolemite. Oh, yes. - Put your weight on it! - Ooh, Dolemite, give it to me. Oh, Dolemite. Yes!
- Oh, yes. - Yes. - Put your weight on it!
- What... What happened? I wrote a tender, realistic love scene, okay? My whole goal with this movie was to tell it like it is. I dunno if it was tender, I dunno if it was sexy, but it was funny
- Ooh, Lord. Two! - Three! - Hyah. - Four! - Hyah. Five. - One! - Hyah. - Two! - Hyah. - Three! Four! - Rudy? We... We gotta talk. - Man, I'm trying to memorize this kung fu. - I know. We
- Man, what you talking about? What happened to all them little pieces? I know. The short ends. We used them all and... Hyah. Hyah. Look, I spoke to the crew. They've been working under their rate
- Did you put in any contingency for overruns? Editing? Post?
- If that means mo' money, then, no, I'm busted. But I can't go back there and tell 'em to stop now. It'll crush everybody. Everybody put so much into this fucking movie, man. I don't wanna let 'e
- Okay, Rudy. - All right. Okay. - Rudy. You all right? Okay, yeah, that's pretty good. Straight.
- You know, I worked with this actor once on Rosemary's Baby. It's John Cassavetes. He makes movies, too. Down and dirty just like you, man. Yeah, I get it, D'Urville. You big time. Yeah, man, he
- Connect to it, man. Dig down inside, connect to it, and use it. Put it on camera.
- Willie Green, I'm giving you 24 hours to get out of town, and 23 done already passed.
- I want a new deal. Partners.
- You're really good at your business. You handle the business, I'll handle the heat. What do you say? Fuck you, man.
- Give me the gun. Give me the gun!
- I'm gonna kill Dolemite! Don't want no sweat? Turn this sucker out!
- Fuck 'em up, girls! - Hyah! - Fight scene... take one.
- - Ah-yah. - Fifty-five alpha, take one.
- And stay down, motherfucker. Yeah, come on, Willie. Come on, Willie Green.
- Now it's off of you. It's on me.
- That's it, y'all. We're done. Thank God for that shit. Oh, Lord, this was a living hell. I don't know how I got myself into this, but they say sometimes you... got to go through hell to get to he
- Damn. So I wanted to say y'all did a good job.
- Crew, stunt peoples... whores. I'm going on now. I'll see y'all at the... at the premiere. Okay.
- No, no, no. Probably won't be a premiere, so...
- - Man, fuck him. - Yeah. I like the movie. Yeah, me too. Fuck, I think the motherfucker was a four-star. - Rudy, you did it. We made a movie. - That's amazing shit. Yeah, we did. Wait, wait, w
- All right, y'all, that's a wrap. - No, no, no, no. - Give us a Dolemite wrap.
- That's a no-business-born! Insecure! Barnyard motherfuckin' wrap! Yeah!
- I'm a bad motherfucker, dude. We made a hell of a movie.
- Congratulations, y'all. We made this motherfucking movie!
- Comedian International. How may I help you? Oh, no, Mr. Moore is available. One second, please.
- Yes, this is Rudy Ray Moore. Who am I speaking with? Oh, yes, yes, yes. Did you get a chance to review my production? You did? Yes, okay. What...
- Well, yes, it was a real movie. It is a actual real movie, and everybody got paid, yes. Yes, very professional production. Right. No, I learned-I learned kung fu for the movie. I didn't know kun
- Really? Oh, well. Well, you know, we was gonna do a fresh new edit on and was gonna change a couple of things and a re-shoot for-for the ending. Change the ending ar... Right.
- Okay. All right, well, yeah. No, we totally understand. Yeah, man, thank you so much for your consideration.
- Yes, I was kicked out of South America for fucking steers. I fucked the she-elephant till she broke down to tears.
- I just can't believe I'm back here on this grind. I'm actually worse off than I was before, 'cause I don't even own my records no more.
- Now what kind of fool works so hard to build something up like that and just throw the shit all away? Ah-ah. Mm-mm. No, Rudy. You ain't no fool now. Watch your mouth.
- I thought that movie was gon' change everything, make me a fucking star.
- Well, you're still a star to me.
- Okay. Good night, Lady Reed. Good night, Rudy.
- Bobby Vale in the Morning, WFKK, Indianapolis. And we are so excited to have Mr. Rudy Ray Moore, the man, the legend, the phenomenon in studio. I'm looking right at him. I'm sittin' with him ri
- Hey, we'll be right back with Rudy Ray Moore. This is Bobby Vale, WFKK, Indianapolis.
- What the fuck is your problem, man? I'm tryin' to help you out. I'm in here promoting you, and you won't even answer my fuckin' questions. Hey, look, Bobby. I can't answer your goddamn question
- But what's he gonna do? I don't know. Maybe run it. Play your damn movie. Fuck it. Can't hurt. And we are back.
- Now, we don't have a midnight movie on Friday, so I suppose we could do it then. How does $500 sound?
- That sounds fair. Perfect. So, when can I receive my advance? - What? Advance? - The money. When you gonna pay me? No. You see, this is what they call four-walling. Yeah. You pay me, and then y
- So I got to pay to show my movie?
- Well, goddamn. Am I gonna get some of the popcorn money? Oh, that's mine. But you get all the box office. Now, if you promote the shit out the movie... aw, you could make some serious bread.
- Can I help you? One ticket for Dolemite.
- Come on, bro. Okay, okay. Let me get six tickets. Tired of paying for y'all broke asses, man. And here's your change.
- Huh. You about to make a whole lot of green. Man, you about to sell all your popcorn, nigga.
- My women is right on time. You've been gone for so long. Got a lot of warming up to do. - No shit, baby. - I can dig it. Look at the shit they gave me to get out of prison, man. Glad y'all brou
- I've been wantin' to see me a honky dance. Dance, motherfucker! Dance! This motherfucker got rhythm, haven't he? Rudy.
- I'm a little confused. Now, is this movie supposed to be funny? I was expecting a Shaft kind of a thing. Of course it's supposed to be funny. They get it. That's why they're laughin'. It's a come
- ♪ Ooh, man is dynamite ♪ ♪ Dolemite... ♪ Y'all don't believe I'd jump, huh? So I did good shit.
- ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ Yeah! ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite, Dolemite, Dolemite ♪
- Hey, man. They said I got a call.
- - Hello? - Is this Rudy? Rudy Ray Moore, the mad genius who four-walled the Uptown in Indianapolis, - set a new house record? - Hey, man, hurry up. I got a five-hour drive to my next gig. - Wh
- Yeah, this my office. Well, I'm delighted to finally speak with you. My name is Lawrence Woolner, and I run Dimension Pictures. Dimension Pictures? Ain't y'all the rat soup-eating motherfuckers
- Hey, so, what we supposed to say? Nothing. Nobody say a fucking word. Just keep your mouths shut. Only reason you're here is to make me look like a legitimate organization. You got hot sauce on y
- You know... in my new movie, there's a scene where big bad Willie Green comes back to town, and my club is stolen. Takes all my receipts and all my cash and all the girls. Everything I been buil
- and I start showing motherfuckers who's boss. 'Cause Dolemite ain't getting ripped off. Can you dig it? You gonna rip my guts out now?
- We'll talk after the first profit statement. All right!
- All right now. We gonna be on Dimension Films. Dolemite's gonna be on Dimension Films. Opening this Friday at the Avon Theater! Opening this Friday night at the Moonlight Drive-In! Opening Frida
- Get him on the fucking phone, and this time, you talk to him. You're not gonna believe who paid us back.
- Yes, I put my finger in the ground and turned the whole world upside down! Dolemite! Dolemite! Rated "R." Under 17, not permitted without your parent or permission from your warden.
- Aw, shit now. Look at y'all. I see ya.
- Whoo. Well, don't you look good.
- Milady. Hey, Rudy. Baby, we have come a long way from that club and that cow pasture. Oh, yes, mama, we have. Yes, we have.
- Oh, oh, Rudy, um... I wanted to tell you something. Uh... I just wanted to say that I'm so grateful. I'm so grateful for you putting me in this movie, 'cause I ain't never seen nobody that loo
- You know what I'm saying? Oh, shit. I may not be sexy, but I'm a real woman... and I really appreciate what you did for me. So thank you.
- ♪ She would suck, I would suck ♪ ♪ And we would suck together ♪ ♪ Wouldn't we have a hell of a time ♪ ♪ Sucking one another? ♪ Yeah, y'all ready to go? Put your weight on it! Ooh, yes. All right
- Go ahead, man. Just spit it out. Go on, say what is it.
- "Dull-emite is a more apt title." What'd you say? What'd you just say? "Dull" or "Dol"? - Dull. - Oh, really? Dull-emite. Dull-emite. Um... "This could be the lamest film of the year. The plo
- Hey, don't nobody worry about nothing. No matter what happens, tonight is a victory already, even if don't but five people show up. Look how far we came. We riding in a limousine on opening night
- Holy fuck. Rudy, look at all these people. Oh, my God.
- - Well done, everybody. Well done, Rudy. - That is some crowd.
- Mr. Moore? Mr. Moore. It's an honor to have you here. But we need to move you inside! We're not equipped for this kind of crowd! It's crazy. So if we could just get you to move inside! The four
- Rudy. Rudy. I am your biggest fan. I know. I have all your albums. - Rudy. - This is crazy. All right, let's all keep walking. We have to get started. We already sold out the 10 p.m. and the mi
- - All right? - All right. Okay.
- Hello, you motherfuckers! - We love you, Rudy! - Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I just wanna say it's a pleasure to have y'all come out here tonight, but I'm sorry to tell you, it's gonna be a bit o
- But don't worry. Don't nobody leave, 'cause I promise you it's gonna be worth it!
- 'Cause like I always say, Dolemite is my name, and rappin' and tappin' is my game. Yes, I'm young and free and just as bad as I wanna be. Take a look at me. I'm a rare specimen of a man, don't
- I want you to live the life that you love and love the life that you live. From the frantic Atlantic to the terrific Pacific, be the best of whatever you are. Shoot for the moon, and if you miss
- Dance! You should be very proud of her. For damn near two years, she's been bugging me about doing this. Drive, nigga, drive!
- I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my name.
- He made me do it! Bitch, are you for real?
- ♪ Aw ♪ - ♪ He's bad ♪ - ♪ Badass ♪ ♪ The man is out of sight, ooh-ee ♪
- ♪ He's a tough son of a gun, y'all ♪ ♪ Alias Dolemite ♪
- ♪ The man is dynamite ♪ ♪ Dolemite ♪ ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Yeah, yeah, you're all right ♪ - ♪ Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite ♪ - ♪ Dolemite, Dol
- ♪ Hoo ♪ ♪ I got fire in my knees In my bones ♪ ♪ Like hot sauce and chicken grease ♪ ♪ When I'm lookin' at you ♪ ♪ I say, "Mmm-mmm-mmm ♪ ♪ Finger-lickin' good" ♪ ♪ I'd drink your bathwater if I
- ♪ 'Cause it's so good, babe ♪
- ♪ I got fire in my soul ♪ ♪ Don't let them collard greens get cold ♪ ♪ Come find me ♪ ♪ And let me get a little ♪ ♪ Of that mmm-mmm-mmm Finger-lickin' good ♪ ♪ I'd drink your bathwater if I coul
- ♪ Na, na, na, na, na, na ♪
Rudy - Eddie Murphy
Jerry - Keegan-Michael Key
Jimmy - Mike Epps
Ben - Craig Robinson
Toney - Tituss Burgess
Lady Reed - Da'Vine Joy Randolph
Nick - Kodi Smit-McPhee
Roj - Snoop Dogg
Ricco - Ron Cephas Jones
Demond - Barry Shabaka Henley
Aunt - Luenell
Jimmy's Wife - Tasha Smith
D'Urville Martin - Wesley Snipes
Bobby Vale - Chris Rock
Joseph Bihari - Aleksandar Filimonovic
Julius Bihari - Ivo Nandi
Lester Bihari - Michael Peter Bolus
Saul Bihari - Kazy Tauginas
Dolphin Customer (as B.J. Bingham) - Bj Bingham
Hobo #1 - Claude Phillips
Hobo #2 - Arthur Fuller
White Actress - Jill Savel
Steven Dodd - Baker Chase Powell
White Boy #2 - Henry Monfries
Middle Aged Actor / Warden - John Michael Herndon
Club Owner - Jernard Burks
D'urville's Date - Monique StaTeena
John McCarthy / Dimension Executive #1 - Joshua Weinstein
Allan Jon Fox / Dimension Executive #2 - Allen Rueckert
Bob Brooks / Dimension Executive #3 - Gerald Downey
Mama - Bernadine Durham
Boy's Father - Bobby Milhouse
Ben Taylor's Band Keyboard (as Lamar 'Mars' Edwards) - Lamar Edwards
Ben Taylor's Band Drums (as Never Forgotten Carlos 'Los' McSwain) - Carlos McSwain
Ben Taylor's Band Bass - Brandon Owens
Ben Taylor's Band Guitar - Chucc Hamilton
Ben Taylor's Band Trumpet #1 (as James Ford III) - James Ford
Ben Taylor's Band Trumpet #2 - Johnny Britt
Ben Taylor's Band Trombone - Wendell Kelly
Ben's Revelation Funk Band Female Backup Singer #1 - Amy Keys
Ben's Revelation Funk Band Female Backup Singer #2 - Maiya Sykes
Ben's Revelation Funk Band Female Backup Singer #3 - Nayanna Holley
Ben's Revelation Funk Band Male Backup Singer #1 - Edward Rudell Johnson
Ben's Revelation Funk Band Male Backup Singer #2 - John Fluker
Black DJ #1 - Lamar Usher
Agitated Young Man - Akono Dixon
Larry Munn - Milan Carter
Scott Still (as De Mann) - deMann
Boy - Kezii Curtis
Son (as Krystian Little) - Krystian Alexander Lyttle
Stripper and Whore #1 - Sade E. Moore
Carrie Mills - Chelsea Gilson
Box Office Lady - Cheryl Francis Harrington
Crystal - Toni Duclottni
Theater Manager (as Garland C. Whitt) - Garland Whitt
FBI Agent #1 - Cole S. McKay
Chantel Apodaca - Saudia Rashed
FBI Agent #2 - Dale Gibson
Lou Drozen - Phil Abrams
Pretty Girl (as Quartay DeNaya Barnslater) - Quartay DeNaya
Bobby Rush - Bobby Rush
Bobby Rush's Band Guitar - James Cornelison
Bobby Rush's Band Drums - Lyndon Rochelle
Bobby Rush's Band Bass - Edwin Livingston
Bobby Rush's Band Keyboard - Damon Wilson
Bobby Rush's Band Trombone - John Floyd
Bobby Rush's Band Trumpet (as Jimmie 'JJ' Kirkpatrick) - Jimmie Kirkpatrick
Irritable White Lady - Gina Lohman
Woman in Tallahassee Juke Joint - Nikol Davis
Heavy Set Man - Bubba Ganter
Manager - Alfonso Christian Lover
Old Lady - Dorothy Schock
Movie Goer - Demetrius Hodges
Club Ebony Band Keyboard - Eric Reed
Club Ebony Band Drums - Brandon Stewart
Club Ebony Band Mandolin - Budda Foster
Guitar Player Tallahassee - Robert Amerson
Sound Mixer - Yena Kim
P.A. - Taylor Ellington
Script Supervisor - Megan McEwen
FX Tech - Matthew Jablonski
Drummer #1 - Justin Campbell
Drummer #2 - Sidney Hopson
Fan #3 - Catrina Gaston
Street Guy #1 - Erik Kilpatrick
Owen - Myles Williamson
Professional Engineer - Rob Smith
Commercial Engineer (as David Lyons) - David B. Lyons
Dancer - Candace Cane
Theater Usher - Brandon Devine
Beautiful Fan - Jessica Lynn Diaz
Movie Theater Patron - Onye Ibekwe
Movie Goer - Jana Lewis
Dolphin Records Singer (as Anika Christina) - Anika C. McFall
Self (archive footage) - Rudy Ray Moore
Theater guest - Kieona Taliaferro
Dolemite Girl - LaNease Adams
California Cocktail Waitress - Paige Annette
Gangbanger - Davon Anthony
Movie Premiere Attendee - R.J. Asher
Waitress #2 - Adria Malcom Aziz
Boring White Man - Joseph Beck
Gang Banger - Darryl Blalock
Tight Ass Woman - Rocky Bonifield
Fan #2 - Timothy P. Brown
Barbershop Customer - Tony Brown
Club Patron - Benjamin Carlton
Smoo Ji - Leonel Claude
Colton Silverman - Aaron Craven
Movie Theater Patron - Tiarra Dowell
Donna - Li Eubanks
White Boy #3 - Justin Gant
Junkie in the Dunbar Hotel - Ryan Goldsmith
Movie Theater Patron - Valerie Hall
Rancid-Heroin Addict - Darrell Keith Harris
Movie Theater Worker - Fatimah Hassan
Club Patron - Jarell Henry
Theatre Patron - George 'G Dot' Hill
Movie Fan - Larry Hopson
Pool Boy - Camryn Howard
Club Patron - Denise Jaxon
Makeout Couple - Charles Jake Johnson
Club Patron - Khafre King
Premiere Photographer - Mark Krenik
Heckler - Ronin Lee
Special Guest - Peggy Lenora
Dolphin Records Man - Jamaal Lewis
Mississippi Waitress - Ro Lott
Fan #1 - Anyi Malik
Record Label Employee - Luke Matheis
Charline - Denise Milfort
Special Guest - Peggy Morgan
Bartender - Thashawn Morgan
Lawrence Woolner - Bob Odenkirk
Gang Banger - Matthew Osborne
Dolphin Records Man - David Parkman
Barber #2 - Doug Payton
Theater Guest - Stephaun Pender
Celeb - Kondwani Phiri
Dressy Patron - Cliff Redding
Baton Rouge Lounge Customer - Chris Reese
Dolemite Girl - Shannon Reynosa
Club Patron - Ashley Samuels
Car Driver - David M Sandoval Jr.
Prisoner - Cjon Saulsberry
Groovy Theater Guy - Eric Shackelford
Rudy Ray Moore's Girl - Deidra Shanell
California Club Goer - Martel Shaw
Whore #5 - Isis Sinclair
Movie Patron - Kareem Spann
Boring White Lady - Jenny Steadman
Twerker - Arlene Sylvester
Randall Spade - A.J. Tannen
Restaurant Patron - Phylicia Townes
Late Comer - Andre Warmsley
LA Pedestrian - Kamila Washington
L.A. Pedestrian - London Worthy