1945, in World War II Germany, the tough Sergeant Don 'Wardaddy' Collier commands a tank and survives a German attack with his veteran crew composed of Boyd 'Bible' Swan, Trini 'Gordo' Garcia and Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis. He receives a rookie soldier Norman Ellison as the substitute for his deceased gunner and he tries to harden the youth along the way.
Director: David Ayer
Writer: David Ayer
Production: Sony Pictures
Released: 17 Oct 2014
Awards: 5 wins & 23 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
Ideals are peaceful
Wait until you see it
Here's a Bible verse I think about...
I started this war killing Germans in...
If a man loves the world
Best job I ever had
Thought you were dead
Shut up and send me more pigs to kill
We fucked them up
You want to talk Mexican
It's my home
I'll question him
You from Missouri
You see this right here
He's an SS
You're a fighting
War's not going anywhere
All you understand is the fist and boot
Where are you going
I think you're a good man
Best job I've ever had
WE'RE STILL IN THIS FIGHT
Now I got you
You're a hero
We ain't never run before
You'd know it
I know where to fuckin' hit 'em
Take him through that gun
I did my best
I hope you get scabies
It's a Kraut high velocity gun
Do I think Jesus loves Hitler
Don might be crazier than a shithouse...
I've never even seen the inside of a...
I'm done tryin' to convert you heathens
It wasn't nothin
Which way is the front
First Sergeant Collier
On the way
What the fuck you do that for
You're all right
There you go
Do what you're here for
Where's the rest of 3rd Platoon
She'll let you fuck her for a chocolate...
That's YOUR fault
We get hit
Where are your cigarettes
The gonna send him home
It's a goddamn Tiger
- SOLDIER 1: (ON RADIO) They're taking fire from the woods. They're waiting for the tanks. Enemy fire from our right flank,. (FADING) I say again, our right flank.
- SOLDER 2: Princess Red 6 for Culture. Hold fast. This is the worst of it, boys. Over. SOLDIER 3: Sergeant Humphrey just showed up. SOLDER 1: Have you any information on the right flank?
- SOLDIER 2: Culture, that's a negative. Move. SOLDIER 4: This is Able 2. The 88 is in that church. They threw one at us when we drove by. (EXPLOSION) (SOLDIER SCREAMS)
- SOLDIER 5: Negative. It's all over!
- Come in, come in. Do you read me? Do you read me?
- (GRUNTS) (YELLING) (GROANING)
- (HEAVY BREATHING) Did you get that fucker?
- Gordo, stop. Leave him rest. Uh-uh. WARDADDY: Gordo, he's dead.
- He's dead! Show some respect Leave him alone.
- Could you explain to him it's a tool of war? BOYD: It's a tool of war, Gordo. Here's my tool of war. Top. GORDO: You knew German before we got in this fucking war! Don't play stupid with me. I
- I wish you'd stop ragging on everyone. You didn't kill Red, Germans did. That is true, but I didn't save him, either. His number came up, that's all. We've been lucky till now. We've been luck
- Rain's coming. (THUDS) (RUMBLES)
- Coon-Ass, anytime, sweetheart. I'm your sweetheart, right? (GROANS) Okay. Gordo, crank her up. (ENGINE WHINING) Choke her up. She's cold. There's condensation on the plugs. (ENGINE WHINES) (LO
- All right, move out. Get us out of here.
- (BLEATING) MAN: Come on, move it! Get those cases out of here!
- (DISTANT EXPLOSIONS RUMBLING)
- Devil watches over his own. Binkowski. Good to see you. Don, glad you made it back. WARDADDY: Crew still together? Nate? Lindburgh? Doing well.
- BOYD: Grab his arm. COON-ASS: Here you go. Okay. BOYD: Lay him down. Lay him down. Move.
- Where's the rest of Third Platoon?
- COON-ASS: Hey, Boyd? Hey, Boyd, they... They gonna send him home, right? BOYD: I don't know that, Grady. Red's got us all a little sad right now, but we got a job to do. Grady, restock ammo and
- NORMAN: First Sergeant Collier? WARDADDY: Maybe. What the fuck are you? Private Ellison. I was told to report to you. I'm your new assistant driver.
- No, you are not. Yes, yes, I am. God damn it. Who told you this? Master Sergeant with the clipboard. Bullshit! Right there. He's... (PANTING)
- How long you been in the Army? Eight weeks.
- (SIGHS) That's home. Do as you're told. Don't get too close to anyone.
- BOYD: ♪ On a hill far away (SIGHS) ♪ Stood an old rugged cross (GROANS) ♪ The emblem of suffering and shame
- ♪ I love the old cross ♪ Where the dearest... ♪ I will cling to the old rugged cross ♪ Hi. Hi. I'm Norman.
- Which... Which way is the front? "Which way is the front?" Hmm. All around us, kid, 'cause this is Germany. We're surrounded by Krauts. Ain't that right, Grady? COON-ASS: That's right.
- Can I please have my book back? GORDO: Where are the cigarettes? I don't smoke. You're a bastard. You go to tank school? Tank school? No. I've never even seen the inside of a tank. I'm a clerk
- It's got to be a mistake. COON-ASS: Mistake? Army don't make mistakes. It wouldn't do. You from Missouri? Are you from Chicago? You from Arkansas, ain't you? No, I'm from Pittsburgh... Hey, hu
- I go to church. (SNIFFS) Which denomination are you? Episcopalian? Yeah, you are. You're a Mainliner, ain't you? Yeah. l am. Are you saved?
- I'm baptised. (COON-ASS CHUCKLES) BOYD: That ain't what I asked you. That ain't what he asked you. BOYD: Gordo, what'd I ask him? See, you got to listen. GORDO: Say it again. BOYD: Are you sav
- Wait until you see it. See what?
- What a man can do to another man.
- COON-ASS: Before you find Jesus, why don't you come take a look at your seat? That's where you're gonna be. Get a bucket of hot water from the kitchen. Get that shit clean.
- DAVIS: Weren't supposed to be no more Tigers, Don. Tell my platoon that. BINKOWSKI: You send five tanks out. One comes back. It's hard to believe we're winning the war. (RUMBLING CONTINUES)
- (COUGHING) DAVIS: Stop talking about yesterday's fight. Think about today's.
- SOLDIER 1: Straighten out! SOLDIER 2: Hey! What's an SS doing here?
- Main unit's punching east. We are going north on a flank guard mission. We'll tie up with Baker Company from the 41st. Sergeant Collier's with us now. He'll be acting platoon sergeant. Fine by
- We're meeting Baker Company here. Then, together we'll take this town. After that, we're working for Captain Waggoner. Any questions? I got one question. Peterson? I'm Binkowski, sir. Uh...
- First Platoon, mount up! Move out! (DISTANT RUMBLING)
- War's not going anywhere, sir.
- Hey! Go fuck yourself, Wardaddy! Coffee's too hot. Still owe me 40 bucks! What'd he say? SOLDIER: Mount up! Let's go, gents. Move front! COON-ASS: (CHUCKLING) Motherfucker.
- WARDADDY: Okay, guns ready. SOLDIER: Good luck, gentlemen!
- All right, there might be a wolf hiding in the sheep. Kid, you're up. Cast an eyeball on them. (OVER RADIO) Anything that makes a move, you cut them right in half. People are in the way, that's
- (WARDADDY SPEAKING GERMAN) The Americans are over there Keep moving
- Boyd, do you think Hitler'd fuck one of us for a chocolate bar? (LAUGHTER) I hope so.
- (INDISTINCT CHATTER OVER RADIO)
- BOYD: Ambush! Right! Right side, ambush! (INDISTINCT SHOUTING) Fuck! Grady! COON-ASS: You watch that tree line! We're ripe for an ambush! (SCREAMING) BOYD: Grady, cover right!
- WARDADDY: What'd you see, Boyd? COON-ASS: Just go out and blast them little fuckers! What'd you see? BOYD: I didn't see nothing.
- Norman! You cocksucker. Why didn't you take the shot? He was just a kid. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Sergeant. You see what a kid can do? Look! That's your fault. That's your fucking fault.
- All tanks, Wardaddy. (SIGHS) Looks like I'm it.
- I'll lead the column. Let's get us where we're going.
- MAN: We have this thing setup and on the way. I sent over a couple men to keep contact, and the officers have been briefed. (DISTANT WHOOSH) (RUMBLING) (RAPID GUNSHOTS) WARDADDY: Stop right h
- Baker Company? Yes, sir! I'm not a sir. Me, neither. Where's your boss? WARDADDY: Dead.
- Who's in charge of this column? I am. Good. I'm talking to the right man. Park it over there. Old Man's waiting.
- (AEROPLANES PASSING OVERHEAD)
- (EXPLOSIONS RUMBLING NEARBY) MAN: Yes, thank you, sir, don't tell me how long my casualties can last. Unless you want to come down here, stand knee-deep in their guts and form an opinion. Bake
- Hey, wake up! All right, how many tanks we got? Four. Four? You're shitting me.
- Would you? We got a platoon pinned down in this field by MGs. Krauts got anti-tank covering the field. And once we cross this hedgerow, we will be in range and in their line of sight, so be ale
- All tanks, Wardaddy. When we hit open ground, line up on me. (OVER RADIO) Keep your spacing, don't bunch up. On my signal, we'll drop the doughs and roll up that 75. Everyone copy? BINKOWSKI:
- All right, let's get the boys off. Get them off. Give me last man. MILES: All right, ladies, you heard the man. Button up. Everybody off! Move out! Move! Everybody off! Close your hatch. (INDI
- (INDISTINCT RADIO CHATTER) WARDADDY: (OVER RADIO) All tanks, move out. Hard right. Hard right. Move them out. BINKOWSKI: Hard right. Hard right. PETERSON: Fury's going. Let's go. BINKOWSKI: Mov
- PETERSON: Let's move now. A hard stick right. BINKOWSKI: Everybody hold yourself. Jiggs, hold on. SOLDIER 1: Form in. Form in. SOLDIER 2: Catch up with the Fury. BINKOWSKI: Stick right. Now, c
- DAVIS: Ride on, ride on. Hold tight. We're gonna bust through this shit. PETERSON: All right, here we go, men. DAVIS: Left stick, left stick. What the fuck? It looks perfect, Tim. Good? Strai
- PETERSON: Speed up just a little bit. Love 1-3, right stick! Right stick! You got troops on the ground. DAVIS: Fuck, right stick! Right stick, God damn it! Get your head out of your ass! They
- Get in tight. Go! (INDISTINCT RADIO CHATTER)
- Down! Stay down! Down! (FRANTIC SHOUTING) What the fuck is that? Whoa!
- Bible, hit that machine gun. Traverse left, 800! Steady! On. Fire! On the way! BINKOWSKI: Good! Hit them! Hit them! (INDISTINCT RADIO TRANSMISSION) Look forward! Look at your periscope! WARD
- WARDADDY: Cease fire. Target destroyed,. (LAUGHS) SOLDIER ON RADIO: Roger, Ester, Wilco. Fire! Fuck! Anti-tank! H.E.! Traverse left. (OVER RAND) Let's go. Traverse left. Traverse left!
- PETERSON: Just a ricochet. We're okay. Bullshit! That's a Kraut high-velocity gun. I can hear it whistling. PETERSON: Anti-tank! Left front, left front! Got it! Down 15. Clear! Ready! Fire! On
- BINKOWSKI: Fire! COON-ASS: Clear! On the way!
- Okay, cease fire, cease fire. Target destroyed. Fire!
- There's another gun! Who's got eyes on it? Does anyone see it?
- Eyes up, everybody. Fire! BINKOWSKI: I don't see shit. Where the fuck are you at? DAVIS: Anti-tank, H.E. Got it! Anti-tank, H.E. Traverse right! PETERSON: Anti-tank. Left front, left front. 600
- All tanks, start squirting that tree line. Let's light them up. Let's go. DAVIS: Everybody squirt the fucking tree line. Let's clean it up.
- Hey! Hey! Start shooting! NORMAN: Well, what do I shoot at? The Nazis, dumb fuck!
- WARDADDY: That's it. Keep their fucking heads down. (CLICKING) GORDO: You got to reload!
- WARDADDY: Panzerfaust! Hey! Get him! I'm loading the gun. I'm loading the gun. Hit him! Got him.
- Do your job! Do what you're here for! I was loading the gun! WARDADDY: Machine gun, twelve o'clock! Gordo, run those bastards over!
- All tanks, hold here, hold here.
- Get your boys in the fight! MILES: Fall out! Marching fire!
- Hey, squirt those Krauts on the left. Do you see them? MAN: (OVER RADIO) Will Actual, come in. This is Vicious. Krauts in the woods to your... All I see are dead bodies. How do you know they're
- (DISTANT RAPID GUNFIRE) I'm okay.
- You're all right. Close your eyes, son. Close your eyes, son. Do you believe in Jesus? You're all right, then. You're all right, then. I'm gonna pray with you now.
- Our father, Lord in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive tho
- I had the best bow gunner in the entire Ninth Army in that seat.
- And now I got you. I promised my crew a long time ago I'd keep them alive.
- You're getting in the way of that. I'm sorry. Okay, l am trained to type 60 words a minute. I am not trained to machine-gun dead bodies. I am trying my very best. (INDISTINCT SHOUTING) Where'
- SOLDIER: Huh? I can't hear you. Wait. WARDADDY: Sergeant. Call your dogs off. (SPEAKING GERMAN) I have a family This is my wife, my children Shut your mouth
- You are no goddamn good to me unless you can kill Krauts. Put a big fat hole in his back. Put a big fat hole in his fucking back.
- It's not right. (WHIMPERING) "Not right"? We're not here for right and wrong. We're here to kill them. Why are you here? You're here to kill him. You know why he's here? He's here to kill you
- I'm trying to teach you something. You here to get me killed? No. You gonna get me killed? I need you to perform.
- Just get it over with. Just get it over with. I can't do it. Yes, you can. I know you can. He kills you, or you kill him. Simple math. You or him. Pick. Just kill me. Come here. Kill me! Kill
- Fucking stop! (GASPING) Please stop.
- Oh, no, no. This is the easy part. What the hell? All right. Fuck. (WHISPERING) Please don't make me do this. Don't make me do this. It's all right. One, two... (SOBBING, SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- (GROANS) Do your job. SOLDIER 1: Waddell, where you at?
- Waddell! SOLDIER 2: Move it! Move it!
- BOYD: Come on, Norman. Let's go. (PANTING)
- Is this supposed to make a man out of me? Is this supposed to make a man out of me? 'Cause my conscience is... Sit down. It's clean. My conscience is clean. I'm keeping it that way. Look right
- GORDO: Don might be crazier than a shithouse rat, but he's solid.
- (SNIFFS) We've been together since before Africa. I won't fight with anybody else. BOYD: Me, neither. There ain't no crew stayed together like we have, Norman. That's 'cause of him.
- (SNIFFLING) COON-ASS: First time we got shot at, down in North Africa, (CHUCKLES) Don, he done shit his drawers full. (LAUGHTER) He stunk the tank up real loud. It's true.
- Norman. I haven't seen you eat anything all day. Make sure you get something to eat. (DISTANT RUMBLING)
- You best go eat something. Make sure he sees it, too.
- There you go, boys. Keep pounding them.
- BOYD: They got signs around their necks. What do them signs say? "I'm a coward and refused to fight for the German people." GORDO: The SS does that. Let them rip themselves to pieces, huh? Fuc
- WARDADDY: (OVER RADIO) Baker 6. Love 1-6. I got eyes on the town. We're ready to commence assault. WAGGONER: Baker 6 copies. Initiate your attack. Me and my boys will hit them from the south.
- MILES: Keep moving, Tex. BINKOWSKI: Go. WARDADDY: Gordo, just punch through that wall of smoke. GORDO: Copy. WARDADDY: Okay, hard left. Nine o'clock, nine o'clock.
- WARDADDY: Gordo, halt, halt. MILES: All right, hold here.
- Grandpa Where are the German soldiers? (GUNSHOT) MILES: Sniper! Cover! (GUNFIRE) Get down! Bible, follow my burst. (GUNFIRE CONTINUES)
- MILES: Keep firing on that window! (MAN SCREAMS) (GUNFIRE STOPS) Come on! Move up!
- SOLDIER: Go! MILES: Keep moving.
- Keep moving. Come on, keep moving up. Watch that doorway. Watch that doorway.
- WARDADDY: Halt, halt, Gordo, halt. (TANK CREAKS TO A STOP) Binkowski, see that Kraut stinger in the cellar on my left? Mind giving him what for? I'm gonna slap him around a little bit for you.
- (MEN SPEAKING GERMAN) BINKOWSKI: Hit him!
- All right, Gordo, forward. Fucking eyes up, everywhere we go.
- WARDADDY: Gordo, hard right, three o'clock into the square. Binkowski, you take the far end. You cover our tail. BINKOWSKI: Gotcha.
- (MAN SHOUTS IN GERMAN) (MEN SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- Anti-tank. Traverse left. (OVER RADIO) Throw some Willy Pete in that ground floor. Clear, Boyd. (MEN SPEAKING GERMAN) WARDADDY: (OVER RADIO) Fire when ready.
- (MAN SCREAMING) (MEN SHOUT IN GERMAN) (MAN YELLING) No, they cooking. Go, go. (MAN SCREAMING)
- (MAN SHOUTING IN GERMAN) (GUNFIRE CONTINUES)
- (GUNFIRE STOPS) (SIGHS) Good shooting, kid. Keep stacking them up. You should've let them burn.
- WARDADDY: (OVER RADIO) Gordo, halt here. (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Please stop shooting! Come here The soldiers want to surrender We give up The war is over thank God Tell them to come out with
- Fuck, it's a bunch of kids. Cut him down! Separate them. Come on. WARDADDY: Here they come. Keep an eye out. Right over there! Let's go! Go. Go. Fuck.
- Why you looking so sour, Kraut? What you got? You. You. WARDADDY: Burgermeister. Is he the one hanging kids? Hey - Shoot that guy. This guy? Yeah, him. The SS cocksucker with the busted wing.
- (INDISTINCT TALKING) Hey, you! You're real pretty. BINKOWSKI: Yo, what the fuck are you doing? I'm-I'm gonna take care of you, okay? Okay. You want to see the tank? Hey, I'm gonna marry this gi
- It wasn't nothing, right? Come again, Sergeant? Rubbing out those Heinies. You splashed them real good. Wasn't nothing, right?
- Sure, Sergeant. Yeah, it wasn't nothing. Fact, I kind of liked it.
- I want to show you something.
- So they got drunk as lords and they shot themselves at sunup. Why are you showing me this?
- Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
- Do what I tell you. You do that, you'll make it through this thing.
- (BOTH SPEAKING GERMAN) Who is inside? Just me Bullshit
- (WOMAN WHIMPERS QUIETLY) (SPEAKING GERMAN) Come out! Right now! (WOMAN SPEAKING GERMAN) NORMAN: Hey! Hey! Come on. Calm down. Stand fucking here. Close the door and lock it. Lock the fucking
- (QUIET SNIFFLING, WHIMPERING)
- Bring me hot water (QUIET WHIMPERING)
- (WOMAN CRYING QUIETLY) Put the gun down.
- Grab a seat. You make me nervous.
- What's your name, young lady?
- (LIVELY CHATTER CONTINUES OUTSIDE)
- Get away from that window before they shoot the hell out of you.
- (LIVELY CHATTER, WHOOPING OUTSIDE) Yeah! How was it, Gor? (GORDO LAUGHS) GORDO: It was good. (COON-ASS LAUGHS) COON-ASS: You get your ass up there, Boyd. I hope you get scabies. COON-ASS: Shi
- (SNIFFS) (PLANE RUMBLING BY)
- WARDADDY: She's a good, clean girl.
- If you don't take her in that bedroom, I will.
- (SPEAKS GERMAN) They're young
- Can I see your hand? Can I see your hand?
- I'm not gonna bite you. This hand. Yeah. Now, you can tell a lot about a person from the lines on their hand.
- Um... You don't know what I'm saying, do you'? (QUIET CHUCKLE)
- All right, this, you see that?
- That's the Ring of Solomon. It means you help people, you understand them. It's really rare. Really rare. You see? You see that, though? Yeah, I got it, too.
- My grandma taught me how to do this. You see this right here? That is your heart line.
- From the looks of this, you are going to have one great love in your life.
- You don't have to say a word. (FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING)
- Sit down. (SPEAKS GERMAN) Thank you. (SPEAKING GERMAN) Hmm? (SPEAKS GERMAN) What's that? (LAUGHS) (SPEAKING GERMAN)
- It's hot. EMMA: "It's hot"? (LAUGHS) Yeah, you just... (POUNDING ON DOOR) COON-ASS: Normie! Nor? Norman, where could you be? (POUNDING ON DOOR) Oh, shit. GORDO: Pinche Norman! COON-ASS: Norma
- What? I think maybe we too late, Gor. Norman. What did you do? Norman, you sneaky snail. What did you do? Wait a second, did you... Did you... Did you take this pretty young thing for a roll?
- COON-ASS: That's how it gonna be'?
- I guess it's Norman Day, huh?
- WARDADDY: Mmm-hmm. COON-ASS: Shit, top.
- You should drink that. You best take a bite. You a man, right? Drink it.
- Attaboy. You did the nasty. Drink it, there it is. Your day. (SHAKY GROANING) There it is. You like that? Don't fucking touch me. Don't touch you? You a man, right? Get some pussy, you a man,
- Appreciate it. (PLAYS NOTE ON PIANO) Look at that. (SLAMMING PIANO KEYS)
- That's the girl's egg. BOYD: That's Gordo's egg. That's the girl's egg. GORDO: Then where the fuck was my egg?
- You want to say grace? This meal's for you. Roger. Ready? GORDO: Let's do it. Our father, thank you for preserving our lives another day on Earth so we may execute your will. We love you, dea
- There you go. Oops! Hold on.
- Hang on, there. I'm gonna fix that for you. Let me just fix this for you real quick.
- GORDO: Y'all were gonna eat like kings and queens over here. And we weren't invited. I wonder why we weren't invited. COON-ASS: Guess they too good for us.
- I'm enjoying my meal, boys. GORDO: Are you? COON-ASS: Enjoying your meal? And as much as you want to destroy it, you're not gonna fucking stop me. And neither will you. No, sir. And neither wi
- Hey, Norman. Do you like horses?
- (GORDO CHUCKLES) We're eating. No, we're not. I'm done. I'm fucking done eating. (DISHES CLATTERING)
- we hit the beach right after D-Day. (SILVERWARE CLATTERING)
- Right? And we had to fight through all these fucking hedgerows. Fucking pain in the ass, right? We finally hit open country, and we linked up with the British and the Canadians and you know wha
- We fucked them up. Yeah. Yes, we did. There was dead Krauts and horses, busted up tanks and cars for miles. Miles. Mmm-hmm.
- but your head can't make no sense of it.
- And for three whole days, we shoot the wounded horses. All day long. Sunup to sundown, just shooting horses. And they were some hot summer days.
- I ain't never smelt nothing like that' top. GORDO: Do you know how you kill a horse? You pet it on the... Pet it on the forehead, no? And it becomes your friend, it goes like this. And then yo
- All the black clouds of flies just buzzing around. It was like being in a giant beehive. But you weren't there.
- That was a real fine story. Pleasant mealtime talk. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is what happened, Don. What happened, happened. What's gonna happen is gonna happen. Sitting here playing
- (CHOKING UP) I'm just drunk. I'm sorry.
- (DOOR OPENS) MAN: Where's Love 1-6? Right here. The Old Man wants you. How come? You got a mission. (MAN SIGHS) WARDADDY: Let's go.
- (SPEAKING GERMAN) Where are you going? To take the next town And the next and the next until you people quit NORMAN: Do you have a pen? I'll write you. Y'all getting married? Is that what the
- They have tanks, horses, artillery? I wish I could help you. He took fire, he got the fuck out of there. Enough to spook the Colonel. All the tanks are driving on Berlin. There's a couple of t
- We need you to the crossroads fast as you can. Secure them. Don't stop for anything. You understand? Take my gas if you have to. If those troops get past you,
- they're gonna smash into the supply train. Then the whole division's fucked. All right, sir. We're on the way.
- Is that gas? Open it up. Yeah, it's good. Okay. SOLDIER: Incoming! BOYD: Grady, jump, jump, jump! (PEOPLE SCREAMING)
- You good? Boys, good? GORDO: Thank the Krauts for that. Binkowski? Davis, good? BOYD: Grady! SOLDIER: Everybody up! BOYD: You up?
- (INDISTINCT SHOUTING, CHATTER, COUGHING)
- All right, let's get an aid station right there. WARDADDY: Check Peterson. We're gonna mount up. BOYD: Norman! NORMAN: Emma! COON-ASS: I got him. Emma!
- Fuck. Who do you think you are, huh? Jesus Christ? (NORMAN GRUNTS) Fuck! You gonna raise her up, Norman? Get your ass back on the fucking tank. Fuck is wrong with you? What the fuck are you do
- Get your fucking spindly ass back on that fucking tank! Where the fuck you think you are?
- That's an entire city on fire.
- I started this war killing Germans in Africa, then France, then Belgium. Now I'm killing Germans in Germany.
- But before it does, a lot more people got to die.
- Fuck! Reverse hard left! Hard left! Reverse!
- Fuck! WARDADDY: Back up, back up, back up! Hard left! PETERSON: (OVER RADIO) Hatches! Hatches! Back up! Go, go, go! DAVIS: Let's go, let's go, let's go! Back up. Left stick. Go, go, go! Hard st
- Tank! 12 o'clock, 800 yards. I see it! It's a goddamn Tiger! Put some fucking smoke in his face! BOYD: Let's go, Grady. Smoke up, Grady. Smoke's up! Clear! On the way!
- We have to get to the crossroads. We got to get past them. Don, let's get the fuck out of here! Let's go! Unless he drowns himself in a shit-filled ditch, he's our problem. Hit that son of a bi
- DAVIS: Shoot that fucker! WARDADDY: Fire when ready! Stop! Stop! Stop!
- (ENGINE REVVING) (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Driver make ready Load Anti-Tank All right, all tanks, move forward! Fuck! Peterson, right flank! Right stick. Davis, left with me, stay abreast. Let'
- He's coming out. (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Fire! WARDADDY: Loader, A.P, A.P. COON-ASS: Clear! Hit 'em! BOYD: On the way! PETERSON: Commence! All right, pump him! Pump him! WARDADDY: Gyros on!
- BOYD: What do you want, top? WARDADDY: Loader, A.P., A.P., smash him. COON-ASS: You're clear, Boyd! (GRUNTS) A.P., 500 yards. Fire! (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Elevate... 600 metres Again! Fuck, Gr
- Aah, God! God damn it! Fuck! WARDADDY: Hit 'em! Clear! On the way! (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Same target Fire!
- They got Peterson! God damn!
- It's a fucking beast. Fuck! Gordo, flank left! Left! Davis, cross him. Flank right! Flank right! DAVIS: Copy! Right stick! Right stick! Traverse left. Davis, he's lining up! Fire! (MAN SPEAKI
- WARDADDY: God damn it, I said fire! GERMAN SOLDIER: Fire! (YELLS)
- God damn it. Fuck! WARDADDY: Roy's gone. We're all that's left. It's up to us now. (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Driver halt! WARDADDY: Gordo, get around him. Put us on his backside. If we get behind
- God damn it! Fuck! What was that? We got hit! BOYD: I lost it. COON-ASS: Boyd, are you all right? NORMAN: Aw! Shit! GORDO: Fuck! BOYD: We lost power traverse. Switching to manual. COON-ASS: Bo
- Bible, put it up his ass, where the armour's thin. I know where to fucking hit him! COON-ASS: Boyd, you're clear! BOYD: On the way! Shit! WARDADDY: God damn it, I said in the ass! We're moving
- Gordo, now! Reverse! Reverse! Left stick! (YELLS)
- Bible, steady. WARDADDY: Steady. (MAN SPEAKING GERMAN) Shoot the bastard! Come on, Bible! Come on, fucking shoot him! Steady.
- Fuck! Grady, one more! One more, Grady! Grady, Grady, Grady! Clear! Again! On the way!
- COON-ASS: Clear! (PANTING) Tank destroyed. WARDADDY: Gordo, halt. (QUIETLY) Jesus Christ. (SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- (SNIFFS) (CONTINUES PANTING)
- WARDADDY: Radio check, Love 1-6. Yeah, boy. (EXHALES) WARDADDY: Radio check, Love 1-6. NORMAN: Fucking handed him.
- Good fucking job, Gordo. WARDADDY: Radio check, Love 1-6. Radio check, Love 1-6. (RADIO STATIC)
- Radio's eighty-sixed. We're on our own.
- Good shot. Oh, it wasn't me. No, no, I'm the instrument, not the hand. (PANTING) God didn't call us today. You hear me, boys? What's he doing up there? Big pair of dice? Everyone else came up
- (QUIETLY) Best job I ever had. GORDO: Shit.
- We're still open for business. Let's head out for those crossroads, keep it out of Krauts' hands like we've been told. There's a wave coming in. We're the rock to break that wave.
- WARDADDY: All right, there's the crossroads. Gordo, take us up on that hill. We can cover the whole valley from there.
- (GROANING) Shit! Not another fucking Tiger! A mine. Where's it coming from? Where? Settle down. It's a mine. We hit a mine, is all. Whew! Everybody off. Grady? Yeah, I'm off. Shit. WARDADDY:
- All right, Norman, you and Coon-Ass check out that building. Get my Thompson. What? Go get the Thompson. BOYD: Gordo! GORDO: Yeah? You got that rope bag? Right here.
- You can put the gun down, Norman. Ain't gonna do nothing.
- I think... I think you're a good man. It's what I think. (CHUCKLES) I think maybe we ain't, but I think you are. See, I just... I wanted to tell you that
- (CHUCKLES) Come on, let's go.
- Anything? No, nothing. It's an aid station. They all dead.
- Head up top of that hill, near those trees. You got outpost guard. Can I grab my canteen? Yeah, you can grab your canteen.
- Norman! Top of the hill, then work your way from the trees.
- (BIRDS SQUAWKING, WIND WHISTLING GENTLY)
- (MEN SINGING IN GERMAN, MARCHING IN DISTANCE)
- (SINGING, MARCHING GROWING LOUDER)
- (SOLDIERS CONTINUE SINGING, MARCHING)
- Good evening, Norman. Why aren't you at your post? Slow down. They're coming right now. Who's coming? The Germans! How many? Too many. Too many to count. How many? Oh, about two, maybe 300 o
- Get out of here. Get to that tree line.
- ♪♪ Boys, take care of yourselves. Get to that tree line.
- ♪♪ I'm staying here with you.
- All right. I'll need you to load.
- Boys, get on. It's all right.
- Get us one of them dead Krauts.
- COON-ASS: You wanna take that kit right there. That's it. Go and grab it. That's it. NORMAN: All right, all right. Grease gun. Go on, hand it to him. Another box. COON-ASS: Go ahead and get it
- NORMAN: I'm going through ammo like water. That's four rounds of smoke, and 23 super charge and 33 solid shot. What you want, top? Load super charge. Set the point delay. BOYD: Norman, get it r
- COON-ASS: That's it. Here we go, Boyd.
- COON-ASS: Gordo, grab me that one.
- Boyd. Thank you. NORMAN: Give me that can.
- Might as well get a little tight. Won't be around for the hangover.
- Ah... God' that's better than good. Mmm.
- What you gonna do with that? I'm gonna drink it.
- I know you hate me preaching. I know it. But what we're doing here is a righteous act, gentlemen. You hear me, Gordo? Mmm-hmm.
- You know, there's a Bible verse I think about sometimes.
- "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'
- (CLEARS THROAT) "And I said, “Here am I.
- (LAUGHING) Yeah. Yeah, Don. That's exactly right. Oh, wow. You're something.
- (LOW GRUNT) God damn, son. You a fighting, fucking, drinking machine, ain't you? Machine, that's it, that's his war name. That's perfect. WARDADDY: I christen thee "Machine."
- Machine! Machine! Machine! Machine! Yeah. (LAUGHTER) (QUIETLY) Machine. (PANTING QUIETLY) WARDADDY: I love it in here. I do. Best job I ever had. COON-ASS: Best fucking job.
- WARDADDY: No one makes a move unless I say. Come on, you cocksuckers, come on in.
- Like that, motherfuckers? Clear! WARDADDY: Fire! On the way!
- Clear! On the way! (SOLDIER SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- WARDADDY: They're running! They're running! Traverse left! Bow gunner, squirt those assholes running for that mill. Cut those fuckers down!
- Loader, four rounds of Willy Pete. Bible, put it in that building. It's full of fucking Krauts. COON-ASS: Clear! Fire! Fire! BOYD: On the way!
- Give me another. That was beautiful. You clear! On the way!
- WARDADDY: Bow gunner, watch that left! Yeah, you better fucking run.
- On the way! (INDISTINCT SHOUTS) Bible, stay on 'em. 15 up, 15 up. Fire! COON-ASS: Clear! On the way!
- WARDADDY: Traverse right! Doughs, two o'clock! Give 'em a big kick in the butt! (GRUNTS) All right, I'm on them. You're clear! On the way! Loader, give me another point delay. Skip it on the gro
- Hit 'em again! Go, boys! Go, boys! Grady, Grady, Grady, Grady, Grady, come on, now. COON-ASS: Clear! Light 'em up! On the way! Down 15. Steady. Traverse left!
- COON-ASS: You clear! WARDADDY: Fire at will! BOYD: On the way!
- That's right, burn to the fucking ground. (SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- I'm out! I need a new can! Shoot, we out! We out! Fuck. We got a case rupture. This gun is gone. NORMAN: We need more boxes of ammo! We got .30 on the roof. All right, we got ammo outside. I'
- They're outside the tank! Pick them off!
- BOYD: Quick, quick, quick! Quick, quick, quick! GORDO: Hurry up, Grady! (WARDADDY GRUNTING)
- (STABS) (SOLDIER YELLS) (GRUNTING) Fuck, fuck, fuck! Aah, fuck! GORDO: Shoot him, Bible!
- BOYD: Gord? Gordo? GORDO: Grady, I need two more. I got two left. They're getting cocky. COON-ASS: Fuckers. He's hit. Damn sure ain't no good leaking oil everywhere. So patch me up, then. GOR
- If a man loves the world, the love of the father's not in him.
- For all that's in the world, lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life it's not of the father. It's of the world. The world and its desires pass away. (SIGHS) But he who does God's wi
- Lift it up. (SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- Swarm and kill them! Make them count! They're all we have
- WARDADDY: Save your ammo. Don't shoot unless you see something. We can be damn sure they're working their way behind us. Anybody see anything? GORDO: I see nothing. I got nothing. Nothing. (SOL
- GORDO: He missed! Hit him with the coax! (GRUNTS)
- Fuck! Fuck! No. No. No. (BOYD CRYING, GROANING) BOYD: No. No. God.
- Hey, Grady... WARDADDY: Get up! We're still in this fight!
- Watch our right, watch our right. (GUNFIRE)
- Stay on the .30. Keep hammering them. (GUNFIRE)
- Yeah, you motherfuckers! Come on.
- How long can we keep this up? Come on, keep shooting! Fuck, I'm out! I'm out! I need a new can! BOYD: That was our last belt. She's out!
- That's all there is. Fuck! Fuck. WARDADDY: Don't get your panties in a bunch. We still got hand weapons and the .50.
- (LABOURED BREATHING) Who's with me?
- (SPEAKING GERMAN) They're running low on ammunition! Finish them! This is our land! Attention! Move out! (CONTINUES SPEAKING GERMAN)
- (SHOUTING IN GERMAN) Fuck! Fuck, I'm out! Gun's gone! I need a weapon! WARDADDY: Bible, no!
- Grenade! (EXPLOSION) (GASPS) (DEER METALLIC RINGING)
- (GUNFIRE) (GRUNTING) (GRUNTING CONTINUES)
- WARDADDY: What the fuck are you doing? Button up! I'm sorry! (GROANS) I'm sorry. ♪ ♪ (SPEAKING GERMAN) Smoke grenades, now!
- (SOLDIER SHOUTING IN GERMAN) We're going to skin you alive! Shut up and send me more pigs to kill!
- Here, take... (GUNSHOT) (GRUNTS)
- (SOLDIER SHOUTING IN GERMAN) ♪♪
- (BURST OF GUNFIRE RICOCHETING) ♪♪
- What can you do? (PANTING) ♪♪
- I did my best. Yeah. I know. I know. (PANTING) ♪♪
- (MUTED, DISTORTED EXPLOSIONS)
- Oh, Jesus. Oh, fuck, I want to surrender.
- Please don't. They'll hurt you real bad. Oh, fuck.
- And they'll kill you real bad.
- There's a hatch. Okay. Okay. Do you see it? I see it. You know where it is? I know where it is.
- (MUFFLED EXPLOSIONS) (SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- (SOLDIER SPEAKING GERMAN IN DISTANCE)
- (WHISTLING, SOLDIERS SPEAKING GERMAN)
- (SOLDIERS SHOUTING IN GERMAN)
- (METALLIC CLATTERING) (FOOTSTEPS CONTINUE)
- Easy, now. One's alive! (INDISTINCT RADIO TRANSMISSIONS)
- MEDIC: Easy. Easy, buddy. Come on. (GROANING) All right, there we go. Okay. You all right? You hit? You hurt? I'm... You seem all right. Let me take this. We'll leave you with that. Hey, you
Don 'Wardaddy' Collier - Brad Pitt
Boyd 'Bible' Swan - Shia LaBeouf
Norman Ellison - Logan Lerman
Trini 'Gordo' Garcia - Michael Peña
Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis - Jon Bernthal
Sergeant Binkowski - Jim Parrack
Sergeant Davis - Brad William Henke
Sergeant Peterson - Kevin Vance
Lieutenant Parker - Xavier Samuel
Captain Waggoner - Jason Isaacs
Irma - Anamaria Marinca
Emma - Alicia von Rittberg
Sergeant Miles - Scott Eastwood
Sergeant Dillard - Laurence Spellman
Burgermeister - Daniel Betts
SS Lieutenant - Adam Ganne
Company Messenger (as Eric Kofi Abrefa) - Eric Kofi-Abrefa
Benton - Osi Okerafor
Corporal (as John MacMillan) - John Macmillan
Young SS Trouper - Saul Barrett
SS Officer - Marek Oravec
Medic #1 - Kyle Soller
Medic #2 - Jake Curran
Young Tanker - Jack Bannon
German Corporal - Branko Tomovic
Tired GI #1 - Orion Lee
Old Woman - Vivien Bridson
Outpost Sentry - Christian Contreras
Widowed Woman - Stella Stocker
Son - Jacob Vonhendial
Hitler Youth #1 - Lukas Rolfe
Hitler Youth #2 - Leon Rolfe
Hitler Youth #3 - Harry Hancock
Lt Obersturmfuhrer Schmidt - Daniel Dorr
Sturmbannfuhrer Muller - Bernhard Forcher
Sgt Hauptscharfuhrer Wolfe - Edin Gali
SS Sniper (as Jaime Fitzsimons) - Jaime FitzSimons
Praying Soldier (as Christopher Wright) - Chris Wright
Tank Commander 'Fury' - Charlie Rotheram
Tank Commander 'Matador' - Nick Beattie
Tank Commander 'Old Phyllis' - Jimmy Carroll
Tank Commander 'Lucy Sue' - Chip Dale
Tank Commander 'Murder Inc' - Dickon Leigh-Wood
50 Cal Gunner 'Murder Inc' - Hugh Vere Nicoll
Tank Crew - Xander Rawlins
Medic - Sam Allen
US Soldier - Mark Almond
US Soldier - James Francis Andrews
German Soldier - Daniel Ashton-Lincoln
SS Infantry - Lee Asquith-Coe
SS Medic - Zach Avery
German Officer - Ben Beaune
US Soldier - Marlon Blue
German Refugee - Sal Bolton
Tank Crew - Alex Brock
Tank Crew Operator - Alex Corbet Burcher
American Soldier - Perry Burke
Girl in Wedding Dress - Cheryl Burniston
Marine, Fury Platoon - Max Cavenham
Pvt James - Jamie B. Chambers
SS - James Garson Chick
SS Soldier - Mark Child
Tank Driver - Gavin Copeman
US Soldier - Rowan Cox
Baker Company - Josh Dyer
Jewish Escapee - Julie Eagleton
German Sergeant - Marco Flammer
US Battalion - Ricardo Freitas
US Sgt Baker Company - Kevin Fyfe
German Refugee - Neve Gachev
US Soldier - Rod Glenn
Baker Company Squad Leader - Nick Gordon
SS Bodyguard - Paul Gorvin
SS Prisoner - Dave Goshorn
SS Soldier - Craig Goult
German Amputee - Roman Green
Baker Company Soldier - Joe Hallett
Baker Company Private - Brian Hanford
Baker Company Soldier - Ian Harding
SS Soldier - Philip Harvey
SS Prisoner of War - James Henri-Thomas
SS Soldier - Rich Hill
German Soldier - Phil Hodges
German Refugee - Laura Holland
Amputee refugee - Steven Hopwood
SS Soldier - J.R. Howell
Hilda Meier - Eugenia Kuzmina
Baker Company Soldier - Jorge Leon Martinez
SS Soldier - Sonu Louis
US Medic - Ben Major
Kettle - Christopher Maleki
US Soldier at HQ - Glen Mallen
Young Soldier - Michael Mammoliti
US Soldier - Anthony Milton
German MG42 Gunner / Baker Company - Matthew John Morley
German Officer - Taylor Murphy
Dying US Corporal - Yoni Nadav
US Soldier - Michael Nicolae
German Tiger Commander (voice) - Heiko Obermöller
Tank crewman - Brian Perkins
Luftwaffe Officer / SS Soldier - Mac Pietowski
SS Captain Tiger Tank Commander - David Rae
Soldier - Tom Redfern
Tank Engineer / Mechanic - Carl Robinson
Waffen-SS Soldier - Christian Sanderson
American Soldier - Alex Sark-Geissler
One O'Clock Panzer / SS Soldier - Robert Sherry
Baker Company Cpl. O'Reilly - Mark Shrimpton
Foothill - Clayton T. Smith
Wounded SS Soldier - Nathan D. Snyder
Assistant - Jack Cooper Stimpson
SS Soldier - Kevin Strom
SS Machine Gunner - Todd Tetreault
US Battalion - Limahl Thomas
Baker Company Radio Operator - Steven F Thompson
Baker Company Corporal - Rodney Tosh
US Military Policeman - Rob Townsend
Hanging German Child - Edward Upcott
SS Corporal - Mike van den Dobbelsteen
SS Officer - Miles J.D. Vedder
Angel of Death - Joe Watts
Baker Company 'Redneck' - Daniel Westwood
Foxman - Tom Whelehan
German Commander - John Whitby
Outpost Sentry - Peter Willoughby
Chaplain - Chris Wilson
SS Soldier with Panzerfaust - Jesse Wilson
Pretty Girl on Bike - Christina Wolfe
US Soldier - Brian Woodward