Guardians of the Galaxy
After stealing a mysterious orb in the far reaches of outer space, Peter Quill from Earth is now the main target of a manhunt led by the villain known as Ronan the Accuser. To help fight Ronan and his team and save the galaxy from his power, Quill creates a team of space heroes known as the "Guardians of the Galaxy" to save the galaxy.
Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn, Nicole Perlman, Dan Abnett (based on the Marvel comics by), Andy Lanning (based on the Marvel comics by), Bill Mantlo (character created by: Rocket Raccoon), Keith Giffen (character created by: Rocket Raccoon), Jim Starlin (characters created by: Drax the Destroyer, Gamora & Thanos), Steve Englehart (character created by: Star-Lord), Steve Gan (character created by: Star-Lord), Steve Gerber (character created by: Howard the Duck), Val Mayerik (character created by: Howard the Duck)
Production: Walt Disney Pictures
Released: 01 Aug 2014
Awards: Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 52 wins & 99 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
I am Groot
Are my friend
You're asking us to die
I have a plan
I'll have to agree with the walking...
Finger on throat means death
I am going to die surrounded by the...
If we're gonna get outta here
You know what I see
That's for if things get really hardcore
This one shows spirit
She betrayed Ronan
What did the galaxy ever do for you
What should we do next
Your ship is filthy
We're just like Kevin Bacon
Take my hand
I have lived most of my life surrounded...
Peter Jason Quill
But he's not
We're the fricking Guardians of the...
You don't get opinions after that...
Behold your guardians of the galaxy
My Star Lord
But he's about the only family I have
Here you go
I live for the simple things
I like your knife
I only ask that you take this matter...
That is true
You should have learned
Walk by yourself
You've always been weak
What a bunch of a holes
Where's your wife
I can't believe I'm taking orders from a...
What the hell
Take those headphones off
Me and you
Spare me your foul gaze woman
I would reconsider your current course
My name is Peter Quill
What are you doing
We're gonna be rich
There's one more thing we need to...
If you kill me
You need my what
They're nearly indestructible
Knowing that you have avenged them
I recognize this animal
How much do you trust me
You killed Groot
There's a little pee coming out of me...
AKA the Destroyer
I saw you out there
You stand accused
There's one other name you might know me...
I'm not going to be brought down by a...
It's dangerous and illegal work
Let's get something clear
Drop the device immediately and retreat...
Move to the watchtower
Do you got any other cute little buggers...
I may be as pretty as an angel
Man who has lain with an Askervarian
Oh you wanna talk about senseless
With all due respect
Let us put more of this liquid into our...
They call me terrorist
I will no longer be your slave
We'll follow your lead
Your momma wants to speak with you
At the end of all this
Bring it down
Help us fight Ronan
The Xandorians and your culture are a...
Why is this one here
Your criminal records have also been...
Get out of my way
Put him in the bag
Cease your yammering and relieve us from...
These boys wanted to eat you
You don't look like a junker
They crumpled my pants up into a ball
For a moment
- Your momma wants to speak with you.
- Come on, Pete. Take these fool things off.
- (TURNS OFF WALKMAN) (BELL DINGS) (MAN TALKING INDISTINCTLY OVER PA) (CLEARS THROAT)
- (HEART MONITOR BEEPING STEADILY)
- Why have you been fighting with the other boys again, baby?
- Peter? They killed a little frog that ain't done nothing. Smushed it with a stick. You're so like your daddy. You even look like him.
- And he was an angel. - Composed out of pure light. - Mer? You got a present there for Peter, don't you?
- (SOFTLY) There. I've got you covered, Pete.
- You open it up when I'm gone, okay?
- - Your grandpa... - (SNIFFLES) is gonna take such good care of you. At least until your daddy comes back to get you.
- - (SNIFFLES) - Pete, come on. Take my hand.
- PETER: Mom? No! No! No! No! Mom! No! - Come with me. - No! (SCREAMING) No! You've got to stay here. Please. No... Okay?
- Drop it! Uh, hey. (SPEAKING IN NATIVE LANGUAGE) - Drop it, now! - Hey, cool, man. No problem. No problem at all. How do you know about this? PETER: I don't even know what that is. I'm just a j
- Star-Lord. Who? Star-Lord, man. Legendary outlaw. - Guys? - Move! Ah, forget this.
- (SHOUTING IN NATIVE LANGUAGE)
- (PANTING) WOMAN: Peter? (PANTING)
- What happened? Hey, uh... Uh... I... - Bereet. - Bereet! Look, I'm gonna be totally honest with you. I forgot you're here. (ROCK MUSIC PLAYING)
- REPORTER ON TV: Scattered riots broke out across the Kree Empire today protesting the recent peace treaty signed by the Kree Emperor and Xandar's Nova Prime. (BEEPING) Peter, you have call. -
- RONAN: They call me "terrorist," "radical," "zealot," because I obey the ancient laws of my people, the Kree, and punish those who do not. Because I do not forgive your people for taking the lif
- Ronan, Korath has returned. KORATH: Master, he is a thief, an outlaw who calls himself Star-Lord. But we have discovered he has an agreement to retrieve the Orb for an intermediary known as Th
- ROCKET: Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic. Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when
- Looks like we got one. Okay, humie, how bad does someone wanna find you? 40,000 units? Groot, we're gonna be rich. (GURGLING) (SIGHS)
- - Mr. Quill. - Broker. The Orb.
- - As commissioned. - Where's Yondu? Wanted to be here. Sends his love. And told me to tell you, that you got the best eyebrows in the business. (SCOFFS) What is it? It's my policy never to dis
- Ah, this guy just backed out of a deal on me. If there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity. Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord. You have the bearing of a man of honor. Well, you
- This wasn't the plan. ROCKET: Put him in the bag. Put him in the bag! No! Not her, him! Learn genders, man. - (SCREAMING) - Ow! Biting? That's not fair!
- - ROCKET: Take it easy! - (SCREAMING) (GRUNTS)
- Fool. You should have learned. I don't learn. One of my issues.
- PETER: What the... (MUFFLED YELLING)
- Quit smiling, you idiot. You're supposed to be a professional. (GASPS) You gotta be kidding me. Ooh. Hey! (GRUNTING)
- I live for the simple things. Like how much this is gonna hurt. - (YELLING IN PAIN) - (ELECTRICITY CRACKLING) (ROCKET LAUGHING) Yeah. Writhe, little man. (GROOT WHIMPERING) It'll grow back, you
- Subject 89P13, drop your weapon. Aw, crap. By the authority of the Nova Corps, - you are under arrest... - All right. Come on up. For endangerment to life and the destruction of property. Hey!
- NOVA PRIME: Ronan is destroying. Xandarian outposts throughout the galaxy. I should think that would call for some slight response on the part of the Kree. We signed your peace treaty, Nova Prim
- - (BEEPS) - Well, some good news. It looks like we've apprehended one of Ronan's compatriots. DEY: Gamora. Surgically modified and trained as a living weapon. The adopted daughter of the Mad T
- I am Groot. Well, that's just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that. What is wrong with Giving Tree, here? Well, he don't know talking good like me and you. So his vocabulistics
- Hooked on a Feeling, Blue Swede, 1973. That song belongs to me! - (GRUNTING) - (STATIC CRACKLING) (SONG CONTINUES PLAYING)
- (ALL SHOUTING) - You first! You first! - Murderer! Coming for you first, Gamora! You're dead! - You're scum! You're scum! - (SHOUTING CONTINUES)
- It's like I said, she's got a rep. A lot of prisoners here have lost their families to Ronan and his goons. She'll last a day, tops. Murderer! The guards will protect her, right? They're here
- Let's make something clear. This one here is our booty! You wanna get to him, you go through us! Or, more accurately, - we go through you. - (BONES CRACKING) (GROANING)
- I'm with them. INMATE: I hate you. No cell's gonna protect you for long. (INDISTINCT SHOUTING)
- - (GASPS) - You're dead! Dead! (INAUDIBLE)
- GUARD: Take her down to the showers. It'll be easier to clean up the blood down there. (GRUNTS)
- Quill, where you going? Quill. - Quill! - (GRUNTS) Gamora, consider this a death sentence for your crimes against the galaxy. DRAX: You dare?
- You know who I am, yes? PRISONER: You're Drax. The Destroyer. Quill! DRAX: And you know why they call me this. You slayed dozens of Ronan's minions. Ronan murdered my wife, Ovette, and my daug
- - (GRUNTING) - (BONES CRACKING) (CHUCKLING NERVOUSLY) (WHISPERING) Quill! What are you doing? I'm no family to Ronan or Thanos.
- I'm your only hope at stopping him. - (GRUNTING) - Ah! Woman, your words mean nothing to me! - Hey! Hey, hey, hey! Hey! - Oh, crap. You know, if killing Ronan is truly your sole purpose, I do
- She betrayed Ronan. He's coming back for her. And when he does, that's when you... Why would I put my finger on his throat? What?
- Oh, no, it's a symbol. This is a symbol for you slicing his throat. I would not slice his throat. I would cut his head clean off. It's a general expression for you killing somebody. You've hear
- What I'm saying is, you want to keep her alive. Don't do his work for him.
- I like your knife. I'm keeping it.
- - That was my favorite knife. - PETER: Listen! I could care less whether you live or whether you die. - Then why stop the big guy? - Simple. You know where to sell my Orb. How are we gonna sell
- I'll lead you to the buyer directly and I'll split the profit between the three of us. I am Groot. ROCKET: Four of us. Asleep for the danger, awake for the money, as per frickin' usual. (GROAN
- RONAN: With all due respect, Thanos, your daughter made this mess, and yet you summon me. I would lower my voice, Accuser. First, she lost a battle with some primitive. Thanos put Gamora under y
- I only ask that you take this matter seriously. The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you. Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child. And, apparently, you alienat
- I shall honor our agreement, Kree, if you bring me the Orb. But return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood.
- This is one fight you won't win.
- (ALARM BLARING) Or we could just get it first and improvise. - I'll get the armband. - Leg. (GROANING)
- GUARD: Prisoner, drop the device immediately and retreat to your cell, or we will open fire. (ALARM CONTINUES)
- All prisoners return to your sleeping areas. (GRUNTING)
- You idiot! How am I supposed to fight these things without my stuff?
- The animal is in control. Fire on my command! (GRUNTING)
- (sum COCKS) Oh, yeah. (BOTH YELLING)
- (LAUGHING) You need my what?
- - I'll need this. - Good luck. It's internally wired. I'll figure something out. (GRUNTS) (GUARD GROANS)
- Drop the leg! Drop the leg and move back to your cell! (GRUNTING)
- Move to the watchtower! (PRISONERS GRUNTING) (HUMMING)
- (GRUNTING) You! Man who has lain with an A'askavariian!
- It was one time, man. We need all available guards in full combat gear... (ALARM BEEPING)
- Whoa! - (GUARD YELLING) - (THUDS)
- Spare me your foul gaze, woman. Why is this one here? We promised him he could stay by your side until he kills your boss. I always keep my promises, when they're to muscle-bound whack-jobs who
- DRAX: How are we going to leave?
- Well, he's got a plan. Right? Or is that another thing you made up? I have a plan! I have a plan! Cease your yammering and relieve us from this irksome confinement. Yeah, I'll have to agree wi
- Rodent, we are ready for your plan. Hold on! Number two! I recognize this animal. We'd roast them over a flame pit as children. Their flesh was quite delicious. Not helping! Number three!
- All fire on my command! Three! Two! One! (POWERING DOWN)
- GAMORA: He turned off the artificial gravity, everywhere but in here.
- - (GRUNTS) - (MACHINE POWERS UP)
- That was a pretty good plan. Huh?
- Yeah! There it is. Get my ship. It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner. They crumpled my pants up into a ball. That's rude! They folded yours.
- The Orb's there. Let's go. - Wait, wait, wait. - What? That bastard didn't put it back. - Put what back? - Here. Get them to the ship. I will be right back. - How are you gonna possibly... - J
- ROCKET: Well, how's he gonna get to us? GAMORA: He declined to share that information with me. Well, screw this, then! I ain't waiting around for some humie with a death wish. You got the Orb,
- (POP SONG PLAYING OVER WALKMAN)
- (GRUNTS) If we don't leave now, we will be blown to bits. We're not leaving without the Orb.
- This one shows spirit. He shall make a keen ally in the battle against Ronan. Companion, what were you retrieving? (CASSETTE TAPE EJECTS)
- That means more money for the three of us. (GROOT HUFFING) Mmm? (SIGHS) For the four of us. Partners. We have an agreement, but I would never be partners with the likes of you. I'll tell the
- Oh, she has no idea. If I had a black light, the place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. You got issues, Quill.
- (GRUNTING) GUARD: I swear. I don't know where they went! I swear. NEBULA: If he knew where they were headed, he would have already told us. Yeah. Ronan, the Nova Corps sent a fleet to defend
- Do you got any other cute little buggers like this one? I like to stick 'em all in a row on my control console. I can't tell if you're joking or not. He's being fully serious. - In that case, I
- - The high-end community is a... - (TALKING GIBBERISH) It's a tight-knit... Tight-knit... The high-end community is a very tight-knit... - (TALKING GIBBERISH) - (SCOFFS) I cannot possibly betr
- (LAUGHING) Now, who again is this buyer of yours?
- TIVAN: Carina. Yes, Master. TIVAN: Your people do have elbows, do they not? We do, Master. TIVAN: Then use them.
- I don't have to remind you what happened to the last attendant who disappointed me. Do I?
- Chop, chop. Our guests will be here soon. (ROCK MUSIC PLAYING)
- ROCKET: Heads up! We're inbound.
- What is it? GAMORA: It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here.
- GAMORA: Hundreds of years ago, the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets a
- KID: Excuse me. - Watch your wallets. - Can you spare any units?
- Your buyer's in there? We are to wait here for his representative. - BOUNCER: Get out of here! - (MAN GROANS) This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait? (
- My Orloni has won, as I won at all things! Now, let's put more of this liquid into our bodies. That's the first thing you said that wasn't bat-shit crazy!
- Man, you wouldn't believe what they charge for fuel out here. I might actually lose money on this job. GAMORA: My connection is making us wait. It's just a negotiation tactic. Trust me, this is
- My father didn't stress diplomacy. Thanos?
- When Thanos took my home world, he killed my parents in front of me. He tortured me, turned me into a weapon. When he said he was going to destroy an entire planet for Ronan, I couldn't stand by
- Why would you risk your life for this? - (WALKMAN CLICKS) - (ROMANTIC POP SONG PLAYING) My mother gave it to me.
- My mom liked sharing with me all the pop songs that she loved growing up. I happened to have it on me, when I was... The day that she...
- You know, when I left Earth. GAMORA: What do you do with it? Do? Nothing. You listen to it. Or you can dance. I'm a warrior and an assassin. I do not dance. Really? On my planet, there's a leg
- It's the greatest thing there is. Who put the sticks up their butts? What? No, that's just a... - That is cruel. - It's just a phrase people use.
- (SHOUTING) The melody is pleasant!
- - No! - Ow! What the hell? I know who you are, Peter Quill! And I am not some starry-eyed waif here to succumb to your... Your pelvic sorcery! That is not what is happening here. (INDISTINCT SH
- Oh, no. (GRUNTING) (STRUGGLING)
- (GRUNTING) Stop it! Whoa, whoa, what are you doing? This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about! - That is true! - He has no respect! - That is also true! - Hold on! Hold on! ROCKET:
- Fine. But I can't promise, when all this is over I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks. See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends! Five seconds after you meet somebody, you'
- - Drax! - Let him go. We don't need him.
- CARINA: Milady Gamora. I'm here to fetch you for my master.
- Okay, this isn't creepy at all. We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner. (GROWLING)
- (MUFFLED BARKING) I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, The Collector.
- Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh. Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed. What is that thing there? I am Groot.
- TIVAN: I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir... You must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course. I am Groot. Why, so he could turn you in
- DISPATCHER: Three quarnyx batteries, seven cases of Cotati seeds. No, cases. Last time, you sent me... Uh... You shall send a message for me. Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there w
- Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. - (WHIRRING) - infinity Stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished
- These carriers can use the Stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field. There's a little pee coming out of me right now. Once, for a moment, a group was able to share the energ
- Beyond compare. Blah, blah, blah. We're all very fascinated, whitey. But we'd like to get paid.
- TIVAN: How would you like to get paid? ROCKET: What do you think, fancy man? Units!
- Carina. Stand back. I will no longer be your slave!
- YONDU: Quill! Don't you move, boy! Don't you move! Get out of the way!
- Ronan the Accuser! You are the one who transmitted the message? DRAX: You killed my Wife. You killed my daughter!
- I told you, you can't fit. Now, wait here. I'll be back.
- It is Gamora. She is escaping with the Orb. (SPEAKING IN NATIVE LANGUAGE)
- RONAN: Nebula, - retrieve the Orb. - (GRUNTING)
- NEBULA: The Stone is in the furthest pod. Bring it down!
- Rocket, keep them off Gamora until she gets to the Milano. How? We've got no weaponry on these things. These pods are industrial grade. They're nearly indestructible. Not against necroblasts, th
- PETER: Let me borrow your ride.
- (BONES CRACKING) (SCREAMING)
- I don't recall killing your family.
- I doubt I'll remember killing you, either.
- Quill, I'm trapped. I can't make it to the Milano. I have to head out.
- Wait! These things aren't meant to go out there.
- You are a disappointment, sister. Of all our siblings, I hated you least. GAMORA: Nebula, please. If Ronan gets this stone - he'll kill us all. - NEBULA: Not all.
- ROCKET: Quill, come on. Her body mods should keep her alive a couple more minutes, but there's nothing we can do for her. These pods aren't meant to be out here. In a second, we're gonna be in
- Aw, damn it. ROCKET: Quill? Yondu! Yondu. This is Quill! - My coordinates are 227K324. - ROCKET: Quill. Quill, what are you doing? Just outside Knowhere. If you're there, come get me. I'm all
- ROCKET: Quill, don't be ridiculous.
- Get back into your pod! You can't fit two people in there. You're gonna die.
- You'll die in seconds! Quill.
- Quill? What happened? I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me. But I couldn't let you die.
- I found something inside of myself. Something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, - but, objectively... - (SIGHS DEEPLY) Where's the Orb? It's... Well, they got the Orb. - What? - (DOOR O
- Blasted idiot. They're all idiots! (GRUNTS) Quill just got himself captured. None of this ever would have happened if you didn't try to single-handedly take on a frickin' army! (SIGHS) You're r
- All the anger, all the rage,
- Oh, boo-hoo-hoo. "My wife and child are dead." (GASPS) Oh, I don't care if it's mean! Everybody's got dead people. It's no excuse to get everybody else dead along the way!
- Come on, Groot. Ronan has the Stone. The only chance we got is to get to the other side of the universe as fast as we can and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to live full lives before that whack
- I am Groot. Save them? How? I am Groot. I know they're the only friends that we ever had, but there's an army of Ravagers around them. And there's only two of us!
- You're making me beat... up grass!
- RONAN: The Orb is in my possession, as I promised. Bring it to me. Yes, that was our agreement. Bring you the Orb, and you will destroy Xandar for me. However, now that I know it contains an In
- Master! You cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe. Not anymore.
- You call me "boy!" I will unfurl 1,000 years of Kree justice on Xandar, and burn it to its core! Then, Thanos, I am coming for you.
- That's it. (WHISTLES) Sorry, boy. But a captain's gotta teach his men what happens to those what cross him. Captain's gotta teach stuff! (ALL AGREEING) If you kill me now, you are saying goodby
- The Stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan. We got a ringer. Is that right? She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships,
- (WHISTLES) (LAUGHS) Let him go! (ALL LAUGHING) You always did have a scrote, boy! That's why I kept you on as a young'un. (RUMBLING)
- Captain, the shot was non-damaging. ROCKET: Attention, idiots.
- (SCOFFS) Guys. Come on. Yondu is gonna be here in two seconds. He expects to hear this big plan of ours. I need your help.
- I look around at us. You know what I see? Losers.
- I mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families, normal lives. And, usually, life takes more than it gives. But not today. Today, it's gi
- To give a shit. For once. Not run away.
- I, for one, am not gonna stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives. But, Quill, stopping Ronan, it's impossible. You're asking us to die.
- I have lived most my life surrounded by my enemies.
- I will be grateful to die among my friends.
- You are an honorable man, Quill. I will fight beside you. And in the end,
- I will see my wife and daughter again.
- Oh, what the hell. I don't got that long a lifespan, anyway.
- Now I'm standing. Y'all happy? We're all standing up now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle. (WALKMAN CLICKS) (ROCK MUSIC PLAYING)
- GAMORA: The Stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge. All Ronan's got to do is touch the Stone to the planet's surface and zap. All plants, animals, -
- PETER: Rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the Dark Aster's starboard hull. Then, our craft and Yondu's will enter. Won't there be hundreds of Sakaaran soldiers inside? I think of Sakaaran
- Once they know we're on board, Ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck. Which I can disable by dismantling the power source. PETER: We'll make it to the flight deck,
- Once Ronan is dead, we will retrieve the Stone. Use these devices to contain it. If you touch it, it will kill you.
- PETER: I'll contact one of the Nova officers - who arrested us. - (RINGING) Hopefully, they'll believe we're there to help.
- There's one more thing we need to complete the plan. That guy's eye- No! No, we don't. No, we don't need that guy's eye- No, seriously, I need it! It's important to me. (GIGGLES)
- AUTOMATED VOICE: Ronan's fleet has been spotted, And will arrive in T-minus fifteen minutes. Remember, boy. At the end of all this, I get the Stone. You cross me, we kill you all.
- This is a terrible plan. Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends.
- I received a transmission from one of the Ravagers. He says Ronan's in possession of something called an Infinity Stone and he's headed toward Xandar. Good God. It's a trick. He's a criminal. N
- A fleet approaches. They appear to be Ravagers.
- YONDU: Cover it down. Submerge!
- All pilots, dive! They're beneath us!
- NOVA PRIME: Evacuate the city. Our priority is to get our people away from the battle.
- YONDU: Aw, hell! - I'm going down, Quill! - (ALARM BLARING) No more games with me, boy! I'll see you at the end of this!
- There are too many of them, Rocket! We'll never make it up there!
- SAAL: Peter Quill. This is Denarian Saal of the Nova Corps. For the record, I advised against trusting you here. They got my "dick" message! Prove me wrong. (ENGINE REVS)
- Yes! - (DRAX LAUGHING) - (EXHALES) We're just like Kevin Bacon. (LASERS FIRING)
- The starboard kern has been breached! We have been boarded. Continue our approach. But the Nova Corps have engaged. None of that will matter once we reach the surface. Seal security doors! Now!
- Oh, man. All Nova pilots, interlock and form a blockade. The Dark Aster must not reach the ground.
- (ZAPS) NOVA CORPS PILOT 1: Locked in! NOVA CORPS PILOT 2: Locked in.
- When did you learn to do that? Pretty sure the answer is. "I am Groot." The flight deck is 300 meters this way.
- I want you all to know that I am grateful for your acceptance after my blunders. It is pleasing to once again have friends. You, Quill, are my friend. Thanks. - This dumb tree, he is my friend.
- Nobody talks to my friends like that. Head to the flight deck. I'll shut down the power to the security doors.
- GUARD: Yondu Udonta. Order your men to turn on the Nova Corps.
- Enough nonsense, Ravager! - Time to die... - (WHISTLES)
- (BONE CRACKS) - (WHIRRING) - (GRUNTS)
- (SCREAMS) Enough of this. Necrocraft pilots, enact immolation initiative.
- STARBLASTER PILOT: They're dive-bombing the city! Denarian Saal, should we break formation? No! Hold your positions. (EXPLOSIONS)
- Keep Ronan up there, Saal. We'll take care of the people down here. I can't believe I'm taking orders from a hamster.
- Star-Lord. Finally. (GRUNTS)
- You will never make it to Ronan.
- Everybody shoot them before they hit the ground.
- Finger to the throat means death. (ELECTRICITY CRACKLING)
- Metaphor. Yeah, sorta. Oh, no.
- RONAN: Xandar! You stand accused. Your wretched peace treaty will not save you now. It is the tinder on which you burn.
- (GROANS) Rocket! Hold on, Saal, just... (SCREAMS)
- Quill, you gotta hurry. The city's been evacuated, but we're getting our asses kicked down here. Gamora hasn't opened the door! (BOTH GRUNTING)
- Sister, help us fight Ronan. You know he's crazy. I know you're both crazy.
- - NEBULA: Get out! - (MAN SCREAMING)
- (CHOKING) I was mistaken. I do remember your family. Their screams were - pitiful. L... - (STARSHIP APPROACHING) (SCREAMS)
- No, Groot! You can't. You'll die. Why are you doing this? Why?
- Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy. What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce.
- (PETER SINGING ALONG TO POP SONG)
- Listen to these words. (CONTINUES SINGING)
- What are you doing? Dance-off, bro. Me and you.
- (MUSIC PLAYING) Gamora. Subtle. Take it back. What are you doing? I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom. (GUN COCKS)
- Take my hand, Peter. Mom. GAMORA: Take my hand!
- You're mortal! How? You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy. (GROWLS)
- YONDU: Well, Well, Well. Quite the light show. (CHUCKLES) Ain't this sweet. (sum COCKS) But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts. Peter, you can't. Peter. You
- But I sure as hell ain't one.
- Do not open that Orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people.
- Yeah, Quill turned out okay. It's probably good we didn't deliver him to his dad like we was hired to do. Yeah, that guy was a jackass.
- He is gonna be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the Orb on him. (CHUCKLES)
- He was gonna kill you, Peter. Oh, I know.
- But he was about the only family I had.
- PETER: Why would you even know this? DEY: When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out. I'm not Terran? NOVA PRIME: You are half Terran. Your mot
- On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar.
- If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you. Thank you, Nova Prime.
- Your wife and child shall rest well knowing that you have avenged them. Yes. Of course, Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill.
- We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. We salvaged as much as we could.
- Thank you. I have a family. They're alive because of you.
- Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future. ROCKET: Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs
- That's... That's actually murder.
- It's one of the worst crimes of all. So... also illegal. Hmm. They'll be fine, Dey. I'm gonna keep an eye on 'em. You?
- MEREDITH: Peter, I know these last few months have been hard for you.
- But I'm going to a better place. And I will be okay. And I will always be with you. You are the light of my life. My precious son. My little Star-Lord. Love, Mom.
- (CLICKS) - (R&B MUSIC PLAYING) - (KNOB CLICKS)
- PETER: So, what should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both? We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord.
- Bit of both. (STARSHIP REVVING) (SOUL MUSIC PLAYING)
- HOWARD: What do you let it lick you like that for?
- Gross. (SIPS) Yeah! But it burns going down.
Peter Quill - Chris Pratt
Gamora - Zoe Saldana
Drax - Dave Bautista
Groot - Vin Diesel
Rocket - Bradley Cooper
Ronan - Lee Pace
Yondu Udonta - Michael Rooker
Nebula - Karen Gillan
Korath - Djimon Hounsou
Corpsman Dey - John C. Reilly
Nova Prime - Glenn Close
The Collector - Benicio Del Toro
Meredith Quill - Laura Haddock
Kraglin - Sean Gunn
Denarian Saal - Peter Serafinowicz
The Broker - Christopher Fairbank
On Set Groot - Krystian Godlewski
Young Quill - Wyatt Oleff
Grandpa - Gregg Henry
Meredith's Mother - Janis Ahern
Meredith's Brother - Solomon Mousley
Meredith's Best Friend - Lindsay Morton
Dr. Fitzgibbon - Robert Firth
Bereet - Melia Kreiling
Horuz - Tom Proctor
Horuz's Mate - Nick Holmes
Sacrifice Nova Corpsman - Max Wrottesley
Xandarian Ladies' Man - Stan Lee
Pretty Xandarian - Nicole Alexandra Shipley
Nova Arresting Pilot - Sharif Atkins
Corpsman Dey's Partner - Brendan Fehr
Kree Ambassador - Tomas Arana
Nova Prime's Assistant - Mikaela Hoover
Head Riot Guard (as Emmett J. Scanlan) - Emmett J Scanlan
Angry Guard - Dominic Grant
Mean Guard - Spencer Wilding
Sad Woman with Horns - Alison Lintott
Moloka Dar - Alexis Rodney
Monstrous Inmate (voice) - Nathan Fillion
Mottled Prisoner - Keeley Forsyth
Burly Prisoner - Frank Gilhooley
The Other - Alexis Denisof
Watchtower Guard - Enzo Cilenti
One Legged Prisoner - Richard Katz
Rifle Guard - Enoch Frost
'Drop the Leg' Guard - Ronan Summers
Carina - Ophelia Lovibond
Tortured Pink Girl - Laura Ortiz
Pit Boss - Marama Corlett
Lady of the Boot of Jemiah - Rosie Jones
Lady of the Boot of Jemiah - Abidemi Sobande
Lady of the Boot of Jemiah - Alex Rose
Lady of the Boot of Jemiah - Ekaterina Zalitko
Lady of the Boot of Jemiah - Emily Redding
Knowhere Dispatcher - Stephen Blackehart
Sad Krylorian Girl - Jennifer Moylan-Taylor
One-Eyed Ravager - Bruce Mackinnon
Ravager Pilot - Ralph Ineson
Ravager Navigator (voice) - Rob Zombie
Nova Centurion - Naomi Ryan
Nova Starblaster Pilot - John Brotherton
Alien Nova Pilot - Graham Shiels
Maskless Sakaaran / Dancing Groot / Sakaarans - James Gunn
Maskless Sakaaran - Douglas Robson
Corpsman Dey's Wife - Rachel Cullen
Corpsman Dey's Daughter - Isabella Poynton
Corpsman Dey's Daughter - Imogen Poynton
Goth Ravager - David Yarovesky
Crying Xandarian Citizen - Miriam Lucia
Ravager - Raed Abbas
Nova Corps Soldier / Policeman - Adrian Allan
Traveler - Freddie Andrews
Nova Corps Millennian - Habib Anibaba
Prisoner - Eddie Bammeke
Prisoner - Helen Banks
Ravager Pilot - Tyler Bates
Technician - Marco Biagioli
Exolon Monk - Richard Blenkiron
Knowhere Miner - David Booth
Thanos - Josh Brolin
Female Prison Guard - Tatiana Natalia Carpenter
Beautiful Alien - Joanna Chamberlain
Morag Citizen - Bern Collaço
Prisoner - Rowan Cox
Prisoner - Alysson Da Silva
Peter's Aunt - Marianna Dean
Nova Guard - Wayne Devlin
Xandarian Alien - Simara Dixon
Xander - Jadey Duffield
Flocks Alien Prisoner - Barny DuPlessis
Prisoner - Mark Falvo
Alien Prisoner - Kristen Fick
Groot's Flower Girl - Gracie Fitch
Hospital Visitor - Melissa Galloway
Xandar Traveler - Alex Gillison
Xandar Citizen - Sophie Gooding
Crane Operator - Henry Goodrich
Howard the Duck - Seth Green
Kallulian Kyln Prisoner - Victoria Gugenheim
Prisoner / Sakaarans - Simon Hatt
Family Mourner - Lindy Hennessy
Alien Prisoner - Leigh Holland
Prisoner - Pete Buzzsaw Holland
Knowhere Miner - James Walton Ingham
Exolon Monk - Lee Edward Jones
Prisoner - Lloyd Kaufman
Sakaarans (voice) - Jonathan Lipow
Prisoner - Matt Lott
Prison Guard - David L. Marston
Prison Alien - Matthew David McCarthy
Prisoner - Stephen McDade
Xandar Resident - Erica Melargo
Nova Corps Officer - Serhat Metin
Exolon Monk - Georgiana Mihai
Exolon Monk - Sandeep Mohan
Neo-Nazi Prisoner - Nigel Murfitt
Knowhere Miner - Emeson Nwolie
Nova Yellow Alien Worker - Louise Port
Miner - Joseph Quartson
Prison Guard - Diezel Ramos
Alien 1 - Deborah Rosan
Prison Guard - Gordon Round
Kyln Prisoner - Steve Saunders
Alien Prisoner - Andrew Scott-Marshall
Prisoner - Julian Seager
Kyln Prisoner - Clem So
Xandar Resident - Adrian South
Kyln Prisoner - Peter Theobalds
Holographic Dog - Wesley Von Spears
Alien - Paul Warren