Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.
Director: Pete Docter, Ronnie Del Carmen(co-director)
Writer: Pete Docter (original story by), Ronnie Del Carmen (original story by), Pete Docter (screenplay by), Meg LeFauve (screenplay by), Josh Cooley (screenplay by), Michael Arndt (additional story material by), Simon Rich (additional story material by), Bill Hader (additional dialogue by), Amy Poehler (additional dialogue by)
Released: 19 Jun 2015
Awards: Won 1 Oscar. Another 93 wins & 112 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
You made it
It's long term memory
You've ruined pizza
These Facts and Opinions look so similar
Look at her
What was that
I'm too sad to walk
We did not die today
There are no bears in San Francisco
Don't touch me
I know you don't want me to
Here we go
The Golden Gate Bridge
Do you ever look at someone and wonder
And there she is
Can I say that curse word now
We should lock the door and scream that...
What are you doing
It was amazing
Let me guess
Remember the funny movie where the dog...
This is Disgust
What is it
Did I wake you
Look at me
I'm liking this new view
This is ridiculous
These are my kind of people
We've got a group of cool girls at 2...
Things couldn't be better
Your dad's under a lot of pressure
Where are you
I don't know
The drive out was pretty fun
Being cool is exhausting
We're taking the Train of Thought
I'm sorry they took your rocket
Who's the birthday girl
I blow a mean nose
- "What is going on inside their head?" Well, I know. Well, I know Riley's head.
- Hello. Riley. Oh, look at you. Aren't you a little bundle of joy?
- Aren't you a little bundle of joy? Whoa.
- JOY: It was amazing. Just Riley and me. Forever.
- I'm Sadness. Oh, hello. I... I'm Joy. So... Can I just... If you could... I just want to fix that. Thanks. JOY: And that was just the beginning. Headquarters only got more crowded from there. (
- - Whew! Good job. - Thank you. Thank you very much. - And we're back! - (RILEY LAUGHING) - (GLASS SHATTERS) - Oh!
- Here we go. All right, open. - Hmm. This looks new. - You think it's safe? - What is it? - Aah. Okay, caution. There is a dangerous smell, people. - Hold on. What is that? - JOY: This is Disgu
- Well, I just saved our lives. - BOTH: Whew! - Yeah. You're welcome. Riley, if you don't eat your dinner, you're not gonna get any dessert. Wait. Did he just say we couldn't have dessert? JOY: T
- JOY: And you've met Sadness. She... Well, she... (CRYING)
- JOY: I'm not actually sure what she does. And I've checked, there's no place for her to go, so... She's good, we're good. It's all great! Anyway, these are Riley's memories and they're mostly ha
- JOY: But the really important ones are over here. I don't want to get too technical, but these are called Core Memories. Each one came from a super important time in Riley's life. Uh, like when
- JOY: And each Core Memory powers a different aspect of Riley's personality. Like Hockey Island.
- Goofball Island is my personal favorite. Ah, come back here, you little monkey! DAD: (LAUGHING) Oh, you're silly. JOY: Yep, Goofball is the best. Friendship Island is pretty good too. (BOTH GIGGL
- ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong! ♪ - Hey! Very nice! - Where'd you learn that?
- (SLURPING) Ahhh! - Brain freeze! - (ALL SCREAMING)
- Good night, kiddo. Good night, Dad.
- And... we're out! JOY: That's what I'm talking about! Whoo! Another perfect day! Nice job, everybody! Let's get those memories down to Long Term.
- All right, we did not die today! I call that an unqualified success.
- JOY: And that's it. We love our girl. She's got great friends and a great house. Things couldn't be better. After all, Riley's 11 now. What could happen?
- - What... - ALL: Aah! - (JOY GASPS) - (ALL EXCLAIM) (TRUCK ENGINE STARTING)
- Okay, not what I had in mind. (ALL SCREAM) (MUSIC PLAYING)
- Maybe it's nice on the inside. (DOOR CREAKING)
- FEAR: Dad just left us. He doesn't love us anymore. That's sad. I should drive, right? Joy? What are you doing? Uh, just give me one second. Um, you know what I've realized? Riley hasn't had l
- Hey, I saw a pizza place down the street. Maybe we could try that? Pizza sounds delicious. - Pizza? That's good. - Yes! Pizza!
- FEAR: What the heck is that? JOY: Who puts broccoli on pizza? That's it. I'm done. Congratulations, San Francisco, you've ruined pizza! First the Hawaiians and now you!
- What kind of a pizza place only serves one kind of pizza? MOM: Must be a San Francisco thing, huh? Still, it's not as bad as that soup. - At that diner in Nebraska. - Oh, yeah. The spoon stood
- Wait. What? What happened? FEAR: She did something to the memory. - What did you do? - I just touched it. - That shouldn't make it change. - Change it back, Joy! - I'm trying. - You can't chan
- Just don't touch any other memories until we figure out what's going on. - Okay. - JOY: All right. Get ready. This is a monster railing and we are riding it all the way down!
- - Wait, what? What happened? - (CLATTERING) - (FEAR AND JOY GASP) - A Core Memory! Oh, no!
- Sadness, what are you doing? SADNESS: It looked like one was crooked so I opened it and then it fell out. I...
- Whoo-hoo! It's just that... I wanted to maybe hold one. - FEAR: Joy! - Whoa, whoa!
- Rain? Rain is my favorite, too! We can stomp around in puddles. JOY: You know, there's cool umbrellas, lightning storms. SADNESS: More like when the rain runs down our back and makes our shoes s
- DAD: What can we do? We've only got capital to last a month, maybe two. If we can't find investors by then, we're going to have to lay people off. Mom! Dad! Come kiss me good night! DAD: I know
- Whoa. JOY: Well. Yeah, sure. What did we do to deserve you?
- - Sweet dreams. - RILEY: Good night. Well, you can't argue with Mom. Happy it is. Team Happy! Sounds great! Totally behind you, Joy.
- Looks like we're going into REM. I got Dream Duty, so I'll take care of sending these to Long Term. JOY: Great day today, guys! - Oh, sleep well, Team Happy! - (ALL TALKING AT ONCE)
- All right, what's on tonight, Dream Production? (MUSIC PLAYING)
- (TIRES SCREECHING) Well, this is it. The new place. (THUNDER CRASHING) (VOICES MOANING) Come live with me, Riley. (GRUNTS) Somebody order a broccoli pizza? - Eat me! - I'm organic!
- (SIGHS) No! Who is in charge of programming down there? I know I'm not supposed to do this, but...
- We are not going to end the day like this.
- Don't you worry. I'm gonna make sure that tomorrow is another great day. I promise. (RILEY GIGGLES)
- Hello! Did I wake you? - ANGER: Do you have to play that? - Well, I have to practice. And I don't think of it as playing so much as hugging.
- - What are you doing? - And there. Perfect! This is the circle of Sadness. Your job is to make sure that all the Sadness stays inside of it. So you want me to just stand here? Hey, it's not my p
- MOM: Have a great day, sweetheart! GIRL 1: That's crazy. It really is. GIRL 2: That was so funny. BOY: Do you know what basketball game is coming up?
- FEAR: Are you sure we want to do this? JOY: In we go! FEAR: Okay! Going in! Yes! (INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS)
- GIRL: Did you see her? Hello! DISGUST: Okay, we've got a group of cool girls at two o'clock. - How do you know? - Double ears pierced, infinity scarf. JOY: Whoa. Is she wearing eye shadow? - Y
- TEACHER: And how about Minnesota? Can you tell us something about it? Well, you certainly get a lot more snow than we do. (LAUGHING) She's hilarious!
- Yeah, it gets pretty cold. The lake freezes over, and that's when we play hockey. I'm on a great team. We're called the Prairie Dogs. My friend Meg plays forward. And my dad's the coach. Pretty
- Or we did, till I moved away. - Hey, what gives? - Wait, what? Hey, Sadness! You touched a memory? We talked about this. Oh, yeah, I know. I'm sorry. Get back in your circle. (SIGHS) What's goi
- (SNIFFLES) Oh, no! We're crying! At school! What? Sadness! What are you doing? Oh, no! Oh, I'm sorry! JOY: Huh? FEAR: (GASPS) It's a Core Memory! But it's blue. (ALL GASP) No! Wait! Stop it! N
- Joy, no. - That's a Core Memory! - Hey! - Joy, wait! - Stop it! Let go! FEAR: Ah! The Core Memories!
- - Whoa! - Whoa! (FEAR GASPS)
- TEACHER: Thank you, Riley. I know it can be tough moving to a new place, but we're happy to have you here. All right, everyone, get out your history books and turn to chapter seven.
- Can I say that curse word now? (BOTH EXCLAIMING)
- Oh, no! One, two, three. Okay. I got them. Where are we? Long Term Memory? Wait...
- Goofball Island? SADNESS: Riley's Islands of Personality. They're all down! Oh! This is bad. We... We can fix this! We just have to get back to Headquarters, plug the Core Memories in, and Ri
- So, as it turns out, the green trash can is not recycling, it's for greens. - Like compost. And eggshells. - Mmm. And the blue one is recycling. - MOM: And the black one is trash. - Riley is act
- Oh, yeah, that sounds fantastic. What was that? That wasn't anything like Joy! - Uh, because I'm not Joy. - Yeah, no kidding.
- Did you guys pick up on that? - Mmm-hmm. Something's wrong. - Totally. Should we ask her? Let's probe. But keep it subtle, so she doesn't notice. So, how was the first day of school? She's prob
- Uh-oh. She's looking at us. Uh, what did she say? What? Oh! Sorry, sir. No one was listening. Is it garbage night? We left the toilet seat up? What? What is it, woman? What? Ugh, he's making th
- Ah! So, Riley, how was school? - You got to be kidding me! - Seriously? For this we gave up that Brazilian helicopter pilot? Move! I'll be Joy. School was great, all right? Riley. Is everything
- Ready to launch on your command, sir!
- (YELLING) Just shut up! Fire! That's it! Go to your room! Now! (RILEY GRUNTING) The foot is down! The foot is down! (ALL CHEERING) Good job, gentlemen. That could have been a disaster. Well,
- Come fly with me, gatinha. (ALL SIGH)
- (JOY SIGHS) We're going to walk out there? On that? JOY: It's the quickest way back. But it's right over the Memory Dump. If we fall, we'll be forgotten forever. We have to do this for Riley. Ju
- (GRUNTS) - (KNOCK ON DOOR) - (DOOR OPENS)
- Hey. So, uh, things got a little out of hand downstairs. Do you want to talk about it? Come on, where's my happy girl?
- Monkey. (IMITATING MONKEY GRUNTING) Oh, he's trying to start up Goofball. DAD: Come on! (DAD CONTINUES GRUNTING)
- (GASPS) Ah! Go back! Run, run, run!
- I get it. You need some alone time.
- DISGUST: We have a major problem. FEAR: Oh, Joy, where are you? SADNESS: We lost Goofball Island. That means she can lose Friendship and Hockey and Honesty and Family.
- You can fix this, right, Joy? I, uh... I don't know. - Oh... - But we have to try. Okay, come on. (MACHINERY POWERING DOWN) - Riley's gone to sleep. - Oh... Which is a good thing. When you th
- (GROANS) This is not working. Are we getting close? SADNESS: Yeah, just another right. And... a left and then another... left and... Uh, are you sure you know where we're going? Because we seem
- - I need to find Friendship Island. - Look at this. Four years of piano lessons. FORGETTER BOBBY: Yeah, it looks pretty faded. You know what? Save Chopsticks and Heart and Soul, get rid of the r
- Oh, Riley loved that one. And now it's gone. Goodbye, friendship. - (SIGHS) - Hello, loneliness. (GRUMBLING)
- We'll just have to go the long way. Yeah. The long, long, long, long way.
- SADNESS: I'm ready. (GROANS) There's got to be a better way. - (BING BONG HUMMING) - (GASPS) BING BONG: Ooh! Look at you! Huh? I will take you, but not you. Oh, who am I kidding? I can't leave
- You got to remember, when Riley was three, animals were all the rage. The cow goes moo. The horse goes neigh. That's all people talked about back then. Yeah. Yeah. I guess that's true. What are
- (GRUNTING) It always gets stuck at the bottom.
- - (TRUMPET BLOWS) - (CAT SCREECHING) Here. What? It's imaginary. Thanks. This will make it a lot easier to walk back to Headquarters. Walk? We're not walking. We're taking the Train of Thought!
- I know a shortcut. Come on, this way! JOY: Oh, I am so glad we ran into you! The station is right through here. After you. - Joy. - What? I read about this place in the manual. We shouldn't go
- GIRL 1: What did you get? GIRL 2: I don't know. (INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS)
- SADNESS: Oh, no. We're two-dimensional! That's stage three! We're getting nowhere! - Depth! I'm lacking depth! - Come on. (JOY GRUNTING)
- We can't fit. SADNESS: Oh, no, we're Nonfigurative. This is the last stage! BING BONG: We're not going to make it! (SADNESS GROANING) SADNESS: Wait! We're two-dimensional. Fall on your face!
- (JOY GRUNTING) JOY: Stop! Stop!
- Oh, no! I thought you said that was a shortcut. I did, but wow, we should not have gone in there. That was dangerous! They really should put up a sign. How long until the next train? - Who know
- BING BONG: Who the heck is that? Imaginary boyfriend. I would die for Riley. - (EXCLAIMS IN DISGUST) - Oh, I've never seen him before. I live in Canada. Anyway, this way. Through Preschool Worl
- (POWERING UP) Ha-ha! We did it, gang! It's working! - (POWERING DOWN) - (YELPS) COACH: Line change! Line change! - (GRUNTING) - COACH: Change it up! (EXCLAIMING)
- (LAUGHS) No! No! Aah! (GRUNTS)
- DISGUST: It's like we don't learn anything. RILEY: Come on! COACH: Let's pick it up out there! GIRL: Pass! Shoot it! Shoot it! (PANTING) - That's it! - No, no, no! Breathe. Find your happy pla
- - Riley. What's wrong? - Let's go. MOM: You're not going to finish tryouts? - What's the point? - Hey. It'll be all right. Let's just go back... Stop saying everything will be all right! (GIRLS
- Oh, no, no, she loves hockey. She can't give up hockey. DAD: Hey! Look at that! - Very nice shot! - MOM: Hey! Bing Bong, we have to get to that station. Sure thing. This way, just past Graham
- Oh, no! The stuffed Animal Hall of Fame!
- (GASPS) My rocket! BING BONG: Wait! Riley and I, we're still using that rocket! It still has some song power left! ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ (DISTORTED TUNE PLAYING)
- No! No, no, no. No, you can't take my rocket to the dump! Riley and I are going to the moon!
- Hey, it's going to be okay! We can fix this! We just need to get back to Headquarters. Which way to the train station? I had a whole trip planned for us. (GASPS) Hey, who's ticklish, huh? Here
- Hey, Bing Bong! Look at this! (MAKING FUNNY SOUNDS) Oh! Here's a fun game! You point to the train station and we all go there! Won't that be fun? Come on, let's go to the train station!
- I'm sorry they took your rocket. They took something that you loved. It's gone. Forever. Sadness. Don't make him feel worse. Sorry. It's all I had left of Riley. I bet you and Riley had great a
- Come on. The train station is this way.
- How did you do that? Oh, I don't know. He was sad. So I listened to what... Hey! There's the train! (TRAIN HONKING HORN) (ALL GRUNTING)
- Oh! We made it! We're finally going to get home!
- Oh, no! These Facts and Opinions look so similar. Oh, don't worry about it. Happens all the time.
- (GRUNTS) On a scale of one to ten, I give this day an F. Well, why don't we quit standing around and do something? Like what, genius? Like quitting. That's what I'm doing. Sure it's the coward'
- DISGUST: Emotions can't quit, genius!
- Ugh! I thought we were supposed to be keeping Riley happy. Wait a minute! Wait a minute!
- Mmm. Aha! (LAUGHING) - What is it? - Oh, nothing. - Just the best idea ever. - What? All the good Core Memories were made in Minnesota. Ergo, we go back to Minnesota and make more. - Ta-da!
- Hey, hey! Why aren't we moving? Riley's gone to sleep. We're all on break. You mean we're stuck here until morning? Yeah, the Train of Thought doesn't run while she's asleep. Oh, we can't wait
- JOY: How about we wake her up? - Great idea, Joy. - Thanks. Come on!
- Whoa! This place is huge! Yeah, it looks so much smaller than I expected. Wow! I Can Fly? BING BONG: I love that one! (GASPS) Rainbow Unicorn! She's right there!
- My friend says you're famous. She wants your autograph. No, no, Sadness, don't bother Miss Unicorn, okay? Sorry, she's from out of town. That was so embarrassing, right?
- I loved you in Fairy Dream Adventure Part 7. Okay, bye. I love you!
- Huh. Wonder what that means. Oh, well, let's go in.
- DIRECTOR: Set up the classroom set! DIRECTOR: Today's memories are in! DIRECTOR: We've got a lot to work with here. Riley dumped her best friend, had a miserable day at school, and quit hockey.
- Love it. Remember, play to the camera, everyone! Riley is the camera! DIRECTOR: Makeup, get out of there, we are on in five, four, three... (STRUMMING DREAMY MUSIC) Hello, class. Before we beg
- - And cue Riley. - (CLEARS THROAT) (IN RILEY'S VOICE) My name is Riley Andersen. I'm from Minnesota and now I live here. Ew, look! Her teeth are falling out!
- - That's disgusting. - Ew, gross! Teeth falling out. (SPITS) Yeah, I'm used to that one. (SLURPS) Let me guess, we have no pants on. Hey, look! She came to school with no pants on! - FEAR: Cal
- Psst! You're on! Go! Whoo! Let's party! Let's dance! Whoo! Hey, a party. Bark, bark, bark! - Joy, this isn't working. - (FABRIC RIPS)
- BING BONG: Huh! - (CRASHING) - (FABRIC RIPS)
- Huh? Sadness, what are you doing? - Come back here! - (DOG BARKING) It's just a dream, it's just a dream. It's just a dream.
- They're trying to wake her up. Call security! Hi, Riley, it's me! - BING BONG: ♪ Who's your friend - Bing Bong? ♪ Who likes to play? Bing Bong, Bing Bong! ♪ JOY: Sadness, stop! It was working!
- Boo! Pick a plotline! - Ow! Careful! - GUARD: Hold still! BING BONG: You can't do this! BING BONG: I know people in Headquarters!
- BING BONG: Ow! Cut that out! Ow! Please! Do you like candy? You look hungry. I get you candy! Oh no! JOY: No, no. No, no! There go the Core Memories! BING BONG: I can't go in there! I'm scared
- JOY: What is this place? SADNESS: The Subconscious. It's where they take all the troublemakers.
- My hat feels loose. Mmm. How do we get in? GUARD 1: Let me see. GUARD 2: You got my hat? Or is that your hat? GUARD 1: Yeah, it's my hat. GUARD 2: You sure? I don't know, look in the label. -
- (HOWLING) (SADNESS WHIMPERING)
- I don't like it here. It's where they keep Riley's darkest fears. (GASPS)
- It's broccoli. - (DOOR CREAKING) - (BOTH GASP) SADNESS: The stairs to the basement! (BOTH YELP) (WHIRRING) JOY: Grandma's vacuum cleaner! (BOTH SCREAMING)
- Okay, come on. (FOOTSTEPS CRUNCHING) Would you walk quieter? I'm trying. What is going...
- - JOY: Bing Bong! - Joy? - There you are. - Shhh! - (SNORING) - (BOTH GASP)
- It's Jangles. Who's the birthday girl? Who's the birthday girl?
- Do you have the Core Memories? Yeah. All he cared about was the candy!
- We're out of here! Let's get to that train! Wait! The train's not running. We still have to wake up Riley. But how?
- Hey, Sadness. (STAMMERING) Did you hear about the pa-pa-party they were having? Oh, yeah. Oh, yes, Joy. (STUTTERING) Isn't it a birthday party? Did you say birthday? (LAUGHS) And there's going
- Who's the birthday girl? (SHRIEKS)
- (GASPING) (BELL DINGS) - Whoo-hoo! - Come on, let's go! (TRAIN HONKING HORN)
- JOY: Ha-ha! We made it! Guess who's on their way to Headquarters! SADNESS: We are! BING BONG: Whoo-hoo! JOY: Whoo! (ALL WHOOPING)
- - What is going on? - He did it again! We were at school, and we were naked, and there was a dog, and his back half was chasing him and then we saw Bing Bong! You idiot! It was a dream! This is
- She took it. There's no turning back. So how are we going to get to Minnesota from here? Well, why don't we go down to the elephant lot and rent an elephant? Hey. That sounds nice. We're taking
- ANGER: There's a bus leaving tomorrow. Perfect! A ticket costs money. How do we get money? - Mom's purse. - (GASPS) You wouldn't. Oh, but I would. Where was it we saw it last?
- - ♪ Triple Dent gum ♪ - No! - (FEAR SCREAMS) - It's downstairs somewhere. Mom and Dad got us into this mess. ANGER: They can pay to get us out.
- How about this, huh? Isn't this nice? You can see everything from up here. Look, there's Inductive Reasoning. There's Déjà Vu. There's Language Processing. There's Déjà Vu. There's Critical Thin
- Hey. That was a good idea. About scaring Riley awake. JOY: You're not so bad. Really? Nice work. JOY: Oh, I can't wait to get the old Riley back. As soon as we get there, I'm going to fix this
- MOM: But I just don't understand.
- Why did our moving van even go to Texas?
- Well, we were promised delivery on the fifth.
- Excuse me, isn't there any way that you can rush it? (RUMBLING)
- (GASPS) JOY: Honesty Island?
- - (ALL SCREAMING) - Hold on! Hurry up! Come on! Over here! WORKER: Come on, people! Let's, go, go, go!
- JOY: That was our way home. We lost another island? What is happening? Haven't you heard? Riley's running away. What? FEAR: Wait, wait, hang on, guys. Are we really doing this? - I mean, this
- (GASPS) Joy! Joy! SADNESS: It's too dangerous! - SADNESS: We won't make it in time. - (THUDDING)
- But that's our only way back! (BOTH GRUNTING)
- MOM: Have a great day, sweetheart. See you after school, monkey. (IMITATING MONKEY GRUNTING) We love you!
- Whoa! Whoa! Sadness! Sadness, stop!
- You're hurting Riley! Oh, no, no, no! I did it again! If you get in here, these Core Memories will get sad. (RUMBLING)
- I'm sorry. Riley needs to be happy. Joy?
- (GASPS) - (SCREAMING) - (GASPS)
- (GRUNTING) Joy, what are you doing? Will you stop it, please? (JOY PANTING) Don't you get it, Joy? We're stuck down here. We're forgotten.
- RILEY: We used to play tag and stuff.
- But everything's different now.
- (RILEY TALKING INDISTINCTLY) (JOY SNIFFLING)
- (RILEY HUMMING) Do you remember how she used to stick her tongue out when she was coloring?
- I could listen to her stories all day.
- I just wanted Riley to be happy.
- SADNESS: It was the day the Prairie Dogs lost the big playoff game. Riley missed the winning shot. She felt awful. She wanted to quit.
- Mom and Dad... The team... They came to help because of Sadness.
- We have to get back up there. Joy, we're stuck down here. We might as well be on another planet.
- ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!"
- ♪ Who's the best in every way ♪ And wants to sing this song to say? ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" (JOY GRUNTING)
- ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ Who's the best in every way ♪ And wants to sing this song to say ♪ Wh
- Come on! ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ Who's the best in every way And wants to sing this song to say
- - (JOY GRUNTS) - BING BONG: Ow! (GROANS)
- BING BONG: Come on, Joy. One more time. I got a feeling about this one. ♪ Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ Who's the best in every way And wants
- ♪ Who's your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" Bing Bong, Bing Bong ♪ Who's the best in every way and wants to sing this song to say ♪ Bing Bon
- Whoo-hoo! Bing Bong! We did it! We... Bing Bong? Bing Bong! (BING BONG WHOOPING) BING BONG: You made it! (BING BONG LAUGHING) Go! Go save Riley!
- Take her to the moon for me. Okay?
- Oh, this is terrible. Wait, is that someone walking towards us? Yep, let's cross the street. (PHONE RINGING)
- (GASPS) It's Mom. She's onto us! - What do we do? - Where's my bag? Riley needs to get Core Memories. - FEAR: That's the stuff. - We keep going.
- Sadness! Sadness? Come on, Sadness. Where are you? Okay. If I were Sadness, where would I be? Oh. Everything is awful and my legs don't work, and you have to drag me around while I touch all th
- (PHONE RINGING) Oh, no! It's Mom again! What do we do? (ANGER GRUNTS)
- This is madness! She shouldn't run away! Let's get this idea out of her head. (STRAINING) Sadness? (GASPS) Sadness! Joy? Wait! Sadness! Just let me go! Riley's better off without me! JOY: Co
- Okay, you're saying your husband was blown away by an elephant. Was he with anyone? Yes! And there she is! Hey! Come back here! Forget it, Jake. It's Cloud Town.
- Oh! What? Sadness! (SOBBING) I only make everything worse! Wait! Sadness! We got to get you back to... (RUMBLING)
- - It's stuck! - Oh, great. - What do you mean it's stuck? - Now what? Oh, no no no no! What is this?
- - How do we stop it? - I got it! Make her feel scared! That'll make her change her mind! - Brilliant! - DISGUST: I know it's brilliant! Do it! Ah! Nothing's working! Why isn't it working? - Le
- Guys, we can't make Riley feel anything.
- What have we done? Hey! Hey, look at me! Did you mean what you said before? I would die for Riley! I would die for Riley! Yeah, okay, haircut. Time to prove it. (BEEPING RAPIDLY)
- I would die for Riley! I would die for Riley! I would die for Riley!
- Whoa! IMAGINARY BOYFRIENDS: Whoa!
- This is crazy. This is crazy. No, no, no. Joy. Be positive.
- - Now! - IMAGINARY BOYFRIENDS: For Riley!
- - Joy? - Hang on! Oh, I wish Joy was here!
- It's Joy! ANGER: Stand back! That worked. Well, what would you do, if you're so smart? I'd tell you, but you're too dumb to understand. - What? - Of course your tiny brain is confused. Guess
- FEAR: Oh, thank goodness you're back! - Things are really messed up! - We found this idea. We were just trying to make happy memories.
- Joy, you got to fix this! Get up there! Sadness, it's up to you. - Me? - ALL: Sadness? I can't, Joy. Yes, you can. Riley needs you.
- Wait! Stop! I want to get off! (BRAKES SCREECH)
- All right. Thank you. We will. Her teacher hasn't even seen Riley all day. - What? - What was she wearing last? - Do you even remember what... - I can't believe this. DAD: Riley, there you are!
- I know you don't want me to but... I miss home.
- You need me to be happy, but...
- I want my old friends, and my hockey team.
- You know what? I miss Minnesota too.
- I miss the woods where we took hikes. And the backyard where you used to play. Spring Lake, where you learned to skate.
- FEAR: Hey, I'm liking this new view. ANGER: Friendship Island has expanded. Glad they finally opened that Friendly Argument section. I like Tragic Vampire Romance Island. Fashion Island? Oh. Eve
- Hey, guys? What's pub-er-ty? I don't know. It's probably not important. Whoa. I have access to the entire curse word library! This new console is the... (BEEPS) Sorry. I did it again. My bad. T
- DAD: Now when you get out there, you be aggressive! - I know, Dad. - MOM: But not too aggressive. You know, you guys don't have to come to every game. Are you kidding? I'm not missing one! Go F
- (ALL SCREAMING) ALARM: Girl! Girl! Girl!
- COACH: Remember, just hustle. GIRL 1: Go, Riley! GIRL 2: You got this!
- - You ready? - Yeah. All right. Let's play some hockey! - (WHISTLE BLOWING) - JOY: All right, Anger, take it! ANGER: Give us that puck or you're dead meat! FEAR: On our left. On our left! DISG
- And who can tell me what year San Francisco was founded? Anyone? Jordan? JORDAN: Uh... How much more of this? Five months, two weeks and four days until summer vacation. Then it's off to the Ba
- Six years of drama school for this? WOMAN: Move it, will you? (HORNS HONKING) (GIRL BABBLING NOISILY) ALL: What are you doing? Come on! You know what? This is okay. This is fine. We just need t
Joy - Amy Poehler
Sadness - Phyllis Smith
Bing Bong - Richard Kind
Fear - Bill Hader
Anger - Lewis Black
Disgust - Mindy Kaling
Riley - Kaitlyn Dias
Mom - Diane Lane
Dad - Kyle MacLachlan
Forgetter Paula (voice) - Paula Poundstone
Forgetter Bobby (voice) - Bobby Moynihan
Dream Director / Mom's Anger / Additional Voices (voice) - Paula Pell
Subconscious Guard Frank - Dave Goelz
Subconscious Guard Dave - Frank Oz
Jangles - Josh Cooley
Fritz - John Ratzenberger
Helicopter Pilot / Dad's Fear (voice) - Carlos Alazraqui
Clown's Joy - Peter Sagal
Cool Girl's Emotions - Rashida Jones
Mom's Sadness - Lori Alan
Additional Voices (voice) - Gregg Berger
Additional Voices (voice) - Aurora Blue
Additional Voices (voice) - Veronika Bonell
Additional Voices (voice) - Lola Cooley
Additional Voices (voice) - John Cygan
Additional Voices (voice) - Dani Dare
TripleDent Gum Singer #2 (voice) - Andrea Datzman
Abstract Thought Mind Worker (voice) - Ronnie Del Carmen
Dad's Anger (voice) - Pete Docter
Additional Voices (voice) - Keith Ferguson
Additional Voices (voice) - Tony Fucile
Additional Voices (voice) - Mary Gibbs
Hockey Announcer (voice) - Randy Hahn
Additional Voices (voice) - Carter Hastings
Additional Voices (voice) - Jacob Hopkins
Additional Voices (voice) - Emma Hudak
Additional Voices (voice) - Evan Hudak
Additional Voices (voice) - Dara Iruka
Additional Voices (voice) - Molly Jackson
Additional Voices (voice) - Daniella Jones
Additional Voices (voice) - Sophia Lee Karadi
Additional Voices (voice) - Elissa Knight
Additional Voices (voice) - Erik Langley
Additional Voices (voice) - Dawnn Lewis
Mom's Disgust / Mom's Joy (voice) - Sherry Lynn
Additional Voices - Tony Maki
Additional Voices (voice) - Mona Marshall
Additional Voices (voice) - Laraine Newman
'Bad' actress (voice) (as Bret Parker) - Bret 'Brook' Parker
TripleDent Gum Singer #1 / Imaginary Boyfriend (voice) - Nick Pitera
Additional Voices (voice) - Phil Proctor
Additional Voices (voice) - Murray Pearl Schaeffer
Additional Voices (voice) - Patrick Seitz
Additional Voices (voice) - Paris Van Dyke
Additional Voices (voice) (as James Kevin Ward) - Jim Ward
Additional Voices (voice) - Lennon Wynn
Additional Voices (voice) (as Dash Zamm) - Dashell Zamm
Additional Voices (voice) - Bob Bergen
Jordan - Ben Cox
Additional Voices (voice) - Teresa Ganzel
Additional Voices (voice) - Jess Harnell
Additional Voices (voice) - Danny Mann
Additional Voices (voice) - Mickie McGowan
Additional Voices (voice) - Jan Rabson
Roger (voice) - Christopher Ragland