With the untimely death of his beloved wife still bitter in his mouth, John Wick, the expert former assassin, receives one final gift from her--a precious keepsake to help John find a new meaning in life now that she is gone. But when the arrogant Russian mob prince, Iosef Tarasov, and his men pay Wick a rather unwelcome visit to rob him of his prized 1969 Mustang and his wife's present, the legendary hitman will be forced to unearth his meticulously concealed identity. Blind with revenge, John will immediately unleash a carefully orchestrated maelstrom of destruction against the sophisticated kingpin, Viggo Tarasov, and his family, who are fully aware of his lethal capacity. Now, only blood can quench the boogeyman's thirst for retribution.
Director: Chad Stahelski, David Leitch
Writer: Derek Kolstad
Production: LionsGate Entertainment
Released: 24 Oct 2014
Awards: 5 wins & 8 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
When Helen died
I heard you struck my son
Are you here on business
It's not what you did
They know you're coming
Your membership to The Continental has...
Let's go home
As I recall
John is a man of focus
You look terrible
It was just a fucking
People don't change
Good to see you John
Be seeing you
Have you thought this through
I know what you're thinking
So what sort of movement am I looking at
Do I know you
I assure you
I'll say this
A dinner reservation
Viggo will kill me
Are you scared of the fuckin' boogeyman
You've broken the rules
I'm sorry I can't be there for you
How may I be of service
It's been a while
I'd like to make a dinner reservation...
Is John Wick
- New Yorkers, a season high, seven inches of rain last night. High winds and flooding in some areas even left some New Yorkers stranded. City crews still working this morning. They're trying t
- Relentless weather these past few weeks. So get out there, enjoy the sun, go to the park, get outside if you can, because it's not gonna last long.
- It's been a while. My condolences. How're you holdin' up? I keep asking "Why her?"
- There's no rhyme or reason to this life. It's days like today scattered among the rest. Are you sure? Don't blame yourself.
- What are you really doing here, Marcus?
- Just checkin' up on an old friend.
- John Wick? Yes. Sign here, please.
- And the pen. Sorry. Here you go. Good night. Thanks.
- "John, I'm sorry I can't be there for you." "But you still need something, someone, to love." "So start with this. Because the car doesn't count." "I love you, John." "This illness has loomed
- I'm up. I'm up... I'm up. I'm up.
- We'll grab you some kibble later.
- Mustang. Boss 429. She a '70? '69. Huh. Beautiful car. Thanks.
- How much? Excuse me? How much for the car? She's not for sale.
- Yo, Aurelio! I want a new VIN number and some clean papers. Where'd you get that car?
- I asked you where the hell did you get it?
- Who gives a shit? Yosef Tarasov nicked it. Viggo's son.
- Alright, get out of here. Just get out of my shop. Get out right now. Did you just lose your shit, Aurelio? Because we own you.
- What did you say? What did you say to me? We own you.
- You don't own me, punk. I work with your father, alright?
- The owner of that car, did you kill him or what? I sure as hell fucked up his dog. You fucked up his dog? That's what you did? You fucked up his dog? Yeah... That's crazy shit, man.
- Aw, look at you. That's great. You're gonna come into my shop and you're gonna pull a gun on me. Ah, that's great, man. Come on! Now, either you kill me right now or you get the fuck outta m
- Viggo is not gonna like this. How do you know what Viggo likes or doesn't like? I'll tell you somethin' he's gonna understand.
- You've got a fuckin' pair on you, old man!
- I guess we'll be takin' our business someplace else.
- I heard you struck my son. Yes sir, I did. And may I ask why? Yeah. Well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir. And, uh, killed his dog.
- Viggo? Yeah? They've agreed to your terms. I mean, it's not like you gave them much of a choice anyway, though, right?
- How was your trip, kid? We won't be hearing from them anytime soon. Or ever.
- That's a nice jacket. Thanks. Yeah.
- Viggo, English, please. Come on... Stay, God damn it! What did I do?
- We did what you asked. No one saw shit.
- I'm not talking about Atlantic City. What, then? You mean Aurelio's? So I stole a fucking car! Aw, fuck, Viggo! Right, I'll go... You stay!
- It's not what you did, son, that angers me so. It's who you did it to. Who? The fucking nobody! That fuckin' nobody
- He once was an associate of ours.
- The Boogeyman? Well, John wasn't exactly The Boogeyman.
- He was the one you sent to kill the fucking Boogeyman.
- John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will.
- Something you know very little about.
- I once saw him kill three men in a bar. With a pencil.
- Then suddenly one day he asked to leave. It's over a woman, of course.
- I gave him an impossible task. A job no one could have pulled off.
- The bodies he buried that day laid the foundation of what we are now.
- And then, my son, a few days after his wife died, you steal his car
- and kill his fuckin' dog. Father, I can make this right. Oh... How do you plan that? By finishing what I started. What the... Did he hear a fucking word I said?
- Yosef! Yosef! Listen! Huh? John will come for you.
- And you will do nothing, because you can do nothing. So get the fuck out of my sight!
- I heard about your wife, and I'm sorry. My condolences.
- It seems to be fate, or happenstance or just bad fuckin' luck caused our paths to cross once again.
- Let us not resort to our baser instincts and handle this like civilized men, to move on...
- Task your crew. How many? How many do you have?
- Evenin', John. Evenin', Jimmy. Noise complaint?
- You, uh, workin' again? No, just sortin' some stuff out.
- I'll leave you be, then. Good night, John. Good night, Jimmy.
- This is Wick. Yes, John Wick, that's right. I'd like to make a dinner reservation for 12.
- Good to see you, John. Charlie.
- You look good. And here I'd feared you'd left all this behind.
- Will I be hearin' from you anytime soon?
- Put a contract on John Wick. How much? Two million.
- Put Yosef in the Red Circle and wait.
- For what? For John Wick, of course.
- I have a job for you. And I've got a phone. Hmm. I want to offer you this face to face seeing as how you might find it personal.
- Would you kill John Wick for two million dollars?
- Is the contract exclusive? No, it's open. It's a timely matter, it has to be handled quickly. Consider it done.
- Thank you, Marcus. I know I can trust you. Thanks for the drink.
- Room 918. Do enjoy your stay. Thanks.
- Good seeing you again, John. Perkins.
- I have you for two nights. Depending on business, it may be more. Of course, sir. So when did the old place get a facelift? Around four years ago. But I assure you, sir, she really hasn't cha
- And, as always, it is a pleasure having you with us again, Mr. Wick.
- What are you doing, John? Looking at you. Come here.
- Now, as I recall, weren't you the one tasked to dole out the beatings, not receive them? Rusty, I guess. To what do we owe the pleasure? Yosef Tarasov. What about him? I'd like to talk with hi
- I'm familiar with the parlance, Jonathan. I want to ask you this. Have you returned to the fold?
- Just visiting. Have you thought this through? I mean, chewed down to the bone? You got out once. You dip so much as a pinky back into this pond, you may well find something reaches out and dr
- Hey. Wick's at The Continental.
- Welcome home, John. We have a contact there who's willing to take him out for us. Yeah? How brazen.
- If they're willing to break the rules of Continental, double the bounty. You know the rules. No business can be conducted on these premises lest incurring heavy penalties.
- Holy shit! Jonathan! Hey, Addy. My God! How long has it been? Four years? Five and change. So tell me, how was life on the other side? It was good, Addy. Far better than I deserved.
- Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your... Thanks.
- I've never seen you like this. Like what? Vulnerable.
- I'm retired. Not if you're drinkin' here, you're not.
- Compliments of the house. Thanks.
- Did you see the tits on that girl?
- Better hope Lita is working tonight.
- Are you scared of the fuckin' boogeyman? I'm not. No. But you should be.
- Right fuckin' now! Go get me a bottle! Come on!
- Are you here on business, sir? Afraid so, Francis. Why don't you take the night off.
- John Wick's there. Go get him!
- Move! He's here! He's fucking here! He's there! He's coming!
- Get in! Get in! Come on, come on!
- Good evening, Mr. Wick. Good evening. How may I be of service? Is the doctor in? Yes, sir. 24/7. Then send him up, please. Yes, sir. How good's your laundry?
- I'm sorry to say that no one's that good. No. I thought not. May I suggest a drink, sir. Bourbon, perhaps.
- So what sort of movement am I looking at? Well, if you're lookin' to heal, then keep it marginal.
- However, if you still have... business to attend to,
- take two of these beforehand. Your stitches'll tear and you'll bleed, but you'll have full function. Do you need anything for the pain? No, I've got that covered.
- Perkins? I thought I'd let myself in. I noticed.
- I never knew Ms. Perkins to get out of bed for less than three. Viggo's giving me four to break hotel rules. That's unwise, I assure you.
- Yes? I apologize for calling you at this hour, but we have received a number of grievances from your floor concerning the noise.
- My apologies. I was dealing with an uninvited guest. Have you need then of, say, a dinner reservation, perhaps? Perhaps. I'll have to get back to you.
- Where's Yosef? Fuck you. Where's Viggo? I'm not telling you shit! Do you really wanna die here, Perkins? Give me somethin'.
- Little Russia. There's a church near Cannon Court. What about it? It's a front. It's where Viggo keeps his private stash.
- Hey, John. Hey, Harry. Everything alright? Yeah. Everything's fine.
- I'll leave you to it, then. Hey, Harry?
- You keen on earning a coin? Babysittin' the sleepin' one? Catch and release? Catch and release.
- My son, how might I help you?
- Honestly, what do you think you're going to do with all of that? This.
- Don't worry. Housekeeping will find you. Treat all your ladies like this? You are no lady. Trust me.
- How'd you like to earn more than just a gold coin?
- You've broken the rules. You've done business on Continental grounds. And management does not take kindly to that sort of behavior.
- Don't worry. Housekeeping will find you.
- Ashes to ashes. Can we recover from this? Viggo, you know what was in that vault, right? It was nothing.
- I'll say this, John. They sure as fuck broke the mold with you.
- audacity about you, you know. Right? Oh, yeah.
- I can say you're still very much the John Wick of old. Am I?
- People don't change. You know that. Times, they do.
- Do you know what was in that vault? Artwork, cash, not without its worth, but the leverage I had on this city, audio recordings, physical evidence, blackmail, it was fuckin' priceless! Price
- Yeah. I kind of enjoyed that. Yeah, I know you did. Yeah. Are you really laughing?
- Then you got married, ah? Settled down. How did you manage that anyways? Luck, I guess. Yeah. Yeah, while you had your wife, I had my son. And believe me, you had a far better deal.
- And then you left. And the way you got out, lying to yourself that the past held no sway over the future. But in the end,
- a lot of us are rewarded for our misdeeds, which is why God took your wife and unleashed you upon me.
- It clings to you, infecting everyone who comes close to you. We are cursed, you and I. On that we agree.
- Okay. Step aside. Give me your son. John Wick.
- It was just a fucking car! Just a fuckin' dog! Just a dog...
- Viggo? Yeah. When Helen died, I lost everything.
- Until that dog arrived on my doorstep. A final gift from my wife. In that moment, I received some semblance of hope.
- An opportunity to grieve unalone.
- And your son took that from me! Oh, come on... Stole that from me! Killed that from me! People keep asking if I'm back. And I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm bac
- Cool it, cool it, cool it, cool it, cool it! John!
- I have your word that if I tell you where he is, you'll let me walk away? Pull the contract.
- He's kept in a safe house. Brooklyn. 434 Wallace Place.
- They know you're coming. Of course. But it won't matter.
- Will you stop playing the fucking video game?
- Will you stop playing that fucking video game?
- Come on, come on! Get down, get down!
- Thank you. Our pleasure, sir.
- A parting gift. From the management. Compensation for last night's unfortunate incident.
- How many times do I have to save your ass? I appreciate it. Of course. You look terrible. No, I look retired. Retired? You really believe that?
- You'll find your way back to it.
- Let's get on with this, whatever the fuck this is. Hello, Marcus.
- This is John. I appreciate you granting my son a swift death.
- I wouldn't know how to reply to that either.
- You pulled the contract. And while it was open, you had every chance, every opportunity to kill John Wick. And if you had done your job, my son would be still alive!
- And in so doing, he broke the cardinal rule.
- Why am I not surprised? In for a penny, in for a pound.
- So, John, I had no choice. I always liked you, Marcus.
- But unlike the others, you go out on my terms.
- We done, Viggo? We're done. Okay. Here. Thank you.
- Ms. Perkins, I apologize for calling you at this hour.
- Ms. Perkins, your membership to the Continental has been, by thine own hand, revoked.
- I know what you're thinking, Jonathan. We live by a code. Which is why I'm not the one telling you that a certain helicopter at a certain helipad is being fueled for a certain someone.
- Have you got my cigarettes? Yeah, I got your cigarettes.
- Yeah. Super. Come on, let's go. Faster! The helicopter's right down there. Come on! Let's go!
- Oh, shit! Goddamn, I knew he'd come.
- What's fuckin' wrong with this guy? Somebody give me a gun. Who's got a gun?
- That was a good one. Who's got a gun?
- Viggo, the helicopters, right over there. We have to get over there.
- No more bullets. No more bullets.
- Just you and me, John. You and me.
- What happened, John? We were professionals. Civilized. Do I look civilized to you?
- Come on, John. Let's go home.
John Wick - Keanu Reeves
Viggo Tarasov - Michael Nyqvist
Iosef Tarasov - Alfie Allen
Marcus - Willem Dafoe
Avi - Dean Winters
Ms. Perkins - Adrianne Palicki
Gregori - Omer Barnea
Victor - Toby Leonard Moore
Kirill - Daniel Bernhardt
Helen - Bridget Moynahan
Aurelio - John Leguizamo
Winston - Ian McShane
Addy - Bridget Regan
Hotel Manager - Lance Reddick
Kuzma - Keith Jardine
Nicholai - Tait Fletcher
Ivan (as Kazimieras Tauginas) - Kazy Tauginas
Alexander - Alexander Frekey
Jimmy - Thomas Sadoski
Continental Doctor - Randall Duk Kim
Charlie - David Patrick Kelly
Harry - Clarke Peters
Francis - Kevin Nash
Delivery Woman - Gameela Wright
Pavel - Vladislav Koulikov
Priest - Munro M. Bonnell
Elderly Woman (as Pat Squire) - Patricia Squire
Team Leader - Vladimir Troitsky
Red Circle Club Goer - Stefan Ackermann
Man on Bus Reading the New York Times - Joseph K. Bevilacqua
Red Circle Club Goer - Carolyn Blair
Tattooed Security Guard - William Andrew Brewer
Red Circle Club Goer - Kadrolsha Ona Carole
Red Circle Security - Kenneth Carrella
Guy in the Club - Chris Chasey
Red Circle Club Goer - Samantha Crawford
Niece - Gioianna DiGiorgio
Nephew - Johnny DiGiorgio
Assassin - David Douglas
Red Circle Club Goer - Annoula Dritsas
Red Circle Security - Thayr Harris
Hot Girl - Nadia Kay
Club Goon - Dennis Keiffer
Red Circle Model - Natalia Kiriya
Bathhouse Thug - Ilan Krigsfeld
Sniper #1 - Mack Kuhr
Luke - Luke Lesko
Russian Thug - Erik Martin
Bath House Model - Meghan Mazurczyk
Club Goon - Matt McColm
Nightclub Dancer - Yana Milanberg
Club Promoter - Julian Mileta
Red Circle Security - Roman Mitichyan
Girl in the Club - Inna Muratova
Red Circle Club Dancer - Karen Nazarov
Yuri - Joseph Oliveira
Nigerian Prince - Luc Owono
Tenor saxophonist - Matt Parker
Red Circle Club Goer - Andrew Paterini
Doorman - Charles Pendelton
Russian Bodyguard - Brian James Pepe
Bathroom Security - J.J. Perry
Red Circle Club Goer - Jennifer Pientka
Russian Model - Elizabeth Saint
Red Circle Club Goer - Lysane Sanchez
Red Circle Waitress - Courtney Sanello
Hitman - George Schroeder
Assassin - Paugh Shadow
Red Circle Club Goer - DiFenni Shi
Red Circle Cage Dancer - Marija Skangale
Assassin - Jimmy Star
Red Circle Club Goer - Polina Strelkova
Russian Nightclub Patron - Tuna Tekeli
Goon - Manolo Tenes
Violinist - Scott Tixier
Store Cashier - Uzimann
Burlesque Drummer - Arthur Vint
Red Circle Valet Driver - Sam Yazbeck
Team Leader - Zenon Zeleniuch
Assassin - Alex Ziwak