Ever since the dawn of time, the Minions have lived to serve the most despicable of masters. From the T-Rex to Napoleon, the easily distracted tribe has helped the biggest and the baddest of villains. Now, join protective leader Kevin, teenage rebel Stuart, and lovable little Bob on a global road trip. They'll earn a shot to work for a new boss, the world's first female supervillain, and try to save all of Minionkind from annihilation.
Director: Kyle Balda, Pierre Coffin
Writer: Brian Lynch
Production: Universal Pictures
Released: 10 Jul 2015
Awards: Nominated for 1 BAFTA Film Award. Another 4 wins & 24 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
And I really
You have no idea who you're messing with
Gentlemen do not steal ladies' crowns
Doesn't it feel so good to be bad
You came for the queen's crown
These guys are pumped
THIS IS TORTURE
I'm not gonna lie
Give me that back
Who did that
Don't you Scarlett me
I don't want you to take this the wrong...
Minions have been on this planet far...
So that's your plan
You can thank Kevin for what I'm about...
- Minions have been on this planet far longer than we have. They go by many names. Dave, Carl, Paul, Mike. Oh, that one is Norbert. He's an idiot. They're all different. But they all share the sa
- Making their master happy was the tribe's very reason for existence. But that's not to say that they didn’t have other passions. - Hey, look. It's a banana. - Move over. Hey, I know. It's a bana
- Whoa! - Oop. - Aw. - Oh. - Oh.
- Nope, it wasn't easy for these guys. But they never gave up. With the emergence of the stone age came the rise of a new species. Man was very different from the dinosaur. He was shorter, hairie
- The minions took an instant liking to Man and helped him as best they could.
- Oh, no no... Here. A present. - This? - Yes yes yes. For hitting. Ut-ut.
- Poor man. So trusting, so fragile, so-so delicious. Their quest for a boss put the minions front and center for some of the civilization most historic moments.
- Ancient Egypt held great promise. Okay! But it didn't last long. Hmm. Oh. Here. Yup. The dark ages were actually fun times. Their new master had a tendency to party all night and sleep all d
- But eventually the party was over. Achoo. They bounced from one evil master to another. But they never seemed to find their perfect fit.
- One particular employer took their failure very very badly.
- Huh? The Minions had no other choice but to keep moving.
- Oh. Look. And then, when all hopes seem lost. They found sanctuary. The Minions were safe.
- Years passed as the Minions forged their own civilization. They truly made a life for themselves. But something just wasn't right.
- They felt empty inside. Without a master, they had no purpose. They became aimless and depressed.
- If this continue any longer, the Minions would perish. But all was not lost, for one Minion had a plan. His name was Kevin.
- He was excited to share his idea with the tribe. He'd been preparing for days, weeks, months. But now he was ready.
- Kevin would leave the cave, go back to the outside world and he would not return until he had found his tribe the biggest baddest villain deserved. But he needed help. Me! Me! I will come. Bob
- Uh. Stuart, Stuart. One more? ME! I am strong. See here. See! - Oh. - Oh. Uh... okay. One more. Kevin. Choose me. Please. Choose me, Kevin. Come here. Huh. Yeah! Ha ha. Eventually, B
- Kevin felt pride. He was going to be the one to save his tribe. Stuart felt, hungry mostly. He was going to be the one to eat this banana. - And Bob - Oh. Bob was frightened of the journey a
- Okay. Okay. Look for the big boss. Ah. There you go, Bob. Come on. And they were off. Off, to find their new boss. Come on, Bob.
- - Hungry? - Food? There is no food. Huh. Banana. Uh. Stuart, What it it? Banana. - Banana! - Aww.
- - Oh, look at that one. - Whoa! Whoa. Look at that one. - Peace! - Make love, not war! Peace to the world. Boo ya. Boo ya. Boo Ya! Boo ya, boo ya. [Music Pad]
- Banana. - Hey! Hey, taxi! - Hey! Hey! Whoa. OUT NOW Songs of Aloha Biggest Hit
- Where is Bob? - Kevin... - Huh. Bob!
- Bob! ( fancy's ) Huh. Ah, Bob. Huh. Whoa.
- Women's bell bottoms and tie-dye shirts marked down. - Check out our wide selection of go-go boots and miniskirts. - Whoa. Huh, Bob. There's Bob. Come on. Excuse me. Coming through. Ah... Oka
- Huh. Hey, ha ha. My buddies? You are here. You are here, my buddies. Hey. It's me, Bob.
- Hey. My buddies. Huh? Bob! Bob! Oh. There you are. - What happened? - Nothing. Oh. There, here's Tim. Oh, ha ha. Me Tim. Thank you. Oh no. They are closed.
- Hey. Look at this. Boing, boing, Come on in.
- - Let's have it, Stuart. - Yes, yes. Just a second. Ah. How's this shows? - Uh, nah. Try another channel. - Okay, okay, changing. Oh, THE DATING GAME. Okay, Let's watch this. And welcome bac
- Nobody panic, alright. Now, now. Calm down, Stuart.
- VNC... You're watching the top secret Villain Network Channel. If you tell anyone, we'll find you. Huh. Don't move. Sponsored by Villain-Con. For 89 years straight. The biggest gathering of c
- - Criminal genius! - Hey, a girl's got to make a living. - Move aside, men. - Make way. - There's a new bad man in town. - Excuse me. And that man is a woman. - Crime isn't pretty. - It's red
- Hello. Orlando? Ah, buttocks. Hey, greetings. Orlando? Ooh. Hello, Papagena. You beautiful papaya. - Do you know, Orlando? - Oh. I think. - That way. - Uh huh. - Ah, okay. Thank you, baby.
- [NEW YORK] Hey, Stuart. Do you best. Oh yeah, far out. Love is the way, brother.
- No. No no no. Kevin. I'll do it. I'll do it. You watch.
- Ha-ha-ha... "No no, no no. I'll do it. I'll do it. You watch." Yah, right. Just you wait. I'll show you. Hey. Stop! Stop! Stop...! Over here. Stop! Stop! Stop. Stop. Stop. Ugh!
- Oh, Walter look. These adorable little freaks are heading to Orlando too. Yeah, I see that. Hey, Walter Junior. - What's happening? - Tina. - Hi. Binky. What do you say we give these fellows a
- Glad we came along before some weirdos picked you up. Who wants apple slices? Ahh. Apple. Oh, you too. Growing of a... boy like... creatures need their strength. Okay. You want it? Heck, yea
- Okey dokey, on the road again.
- Dad, we got company. It's because I tripped the alarm. - I stink. - Hey. We all make mistakes, sugar plum. You're still learning. Huh! What! - Your father's right, Tina. - Reload. - He wasn’
- - Give me. - No. - Give me. Give me! - No no. No.
- - Okay, who did that? - It's Stuart. - Huh? Me... me... - That was great. Ha ha ha. Thank you. Give me. Give me. Give me. Say, fellows. Can we get personal for just a second? Why are you go
- Hey, everybody. The boss. It's big boss. Let's go welcome him. - Yah. - Hoo hoo. - Boss. - Boss. Boss. The boss. Sheesh. sheesh. Sheesh, sheesh... The boss will speak.
- When we get to Orlando, I'm going to get all my favorite villains to sign my magazine. Dumo, the Sumo. Oh oh. He's a boss. Oh, Kevin! You don't want to work for him. He ate his last henchmen.
- Orlando Coming soon! Orlando.
-  [ BAIT SHOP ] Hey gang, watch this. Welcome to Billy Bob's Bait Shop, how can I help you? Yeah. Hi. We are here for... "So much fun, it's a crime."
- Woo-hoo. Yeh! It's Villain-Con. The Villain-Con! LUV.2.ROB NEW YORK Alright, here we go. Well, this is it. I wanted to tell you and I really I mean this. I'm really appreciate what you did
- And here we come, Villain-Con! - Ha ha. - Yeah! - Villain-Con. - Ya! Hoo. [ Welcome to VILLAIN-CON ] 1968 [FREEZE-RAY] - Whoa.
- Any evil talents? Not bad. What about you? Any evil talents? Hello. La la la. La la la. Eh? That's not evil, or a talent.
- Hello! Ahaa! Ha ha. I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for any more servants. For I, Professor Flux, have invented the world's first Time machine! Every time I visit the future, I bring my future
- Oh. Way to go, guys. We killed the original. - Huh! - Aw! Please.
- Villain-Con, I present our keynote speaker. Scarlet Overkill. The world's first female super-villain. Appearing right now in Hall H. - Bob, Stuart, buddies. Buddies, let's go. It's Scarlet Over
- Scarlet! Whoa. Ha ha. What beauty. Wow. Thank you. Thank you so much. Okay. Shh shh shh. When I started out, people said a woman could never rob a bank as well as a man. Well. Time's chang
- Heh-heh-heh. Well. What if I were to tell you, that I am looking for a new henchman! Hey, big boss. This is our chance. - Yes. - Ha. I truly believe somewhere out there is a villain with t
- Now, go easy on me. Heh-heh-heh-heh. Love the costume.
- So cool! Wait Wait. Tim? Tim!
- Oh no, Bob. He's over there. Ah. Stop. - Is no one good enough? - Stop. Tim.
- Didn't my speech inspired anyone to rise up and prove themselves worthy? All these villains, and yet I still have the- bear. Stuffed bear. Why am I holding a bear? - Oh. - Who has the ruby?
- Wow. Who-Who are you? My... knights in shiny denim. - I'm Kevin. This is Stuart. - Yo. - And Bob. - Minions! - That was incredible. Behold, the last creatures you expect to win the day have
- Hello. Hey, Kevin. Huh? The boss, in England. Nah. We found a boss. Listen.
- Ah. Uh... Hello, Kevin. Did-Did you say England? Uh-huh. The boss, yes. Scarlet Overkill. Ah.
- Hello. Hello? Oh. He hung up. Hello.
- Here we go. Come here. By the way. I really like your bear. - Herb, my baby. - You know I am. How did it go? Were you evil? - So evil. - Oh! A little bird dropped this off today. I Missed
- Oh, boys. Could you come here please? Meet my husband, Herb. Inventor, super genius, fox. Herb, these are the new recruits. Kevin, Stuart and that cute little one is Bob. Right on. You guys ar
- - Wow. - Cool house. I know, right? Just a few thing I stole to help fill the void. Whoa. A mega ukulele.
- Checking out my can? We stole that because finally someone expressed my love of soup in painting form. - Wow. - Woo. Okay, listen up. It is time to get down to business. Do you know who this i
- Steal me the crown and all your dreams come true. Respect! Power! Banana! Banana! - Yeah! - Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!
- The way to England, is... is... Ah! Give me. Uh. England is... this way. March on! Eh!
- Wait for me! Wait for me! Ah!
- - Hm. What is this place? - Hey. Over there. - Whoa. - Wow. Whoa oh. Uu la la. No. Oh, no. Don't get too close, boys. When it's completed, it will be my ultimate weapon. But. Right now, it'
- You can use it to hypnotize anyone. Anyone! Oh, you look so great. I feel like a proud mama with 3 dashing evil sons. Uh. Scarlet. Scarlet. There is something wrong with this. No, no, don't
- How does that sound, Bob? Bob? Bob? Bob! Oh. Bedtime story? That is a groovy idea, I'll go get some cookies and warm milk. This is going to be so fun! And the bedtime porry. Oh, yes, I've go
- Good luck getting the crown tomorrow, little piggies. I know you won't disappoint me.
- Tower of London Tower of London - LONDON
- Okay. [HOME OF THE QUEEN'S CROWN] - Let's go get the crown, for Scarlet. [HOME OF THE QUEEN'S CROWN] - Which way is the loo, please? Ah, thank you.
- Hello. 3 please. You are not allowed to enter without an adult. Scram, hooligans.
- Woo, a lad. - What lad? - Holah! Pooff. Stuart, that way.
- How many tickets, please? 3, please. One, please. One.
- - Enjoy yourself, love. - Thank you.
- It was nowhere near Hyde Park!
- - That way. - Okay. [KEEP OUT] Okay, we're in.
- Okay, come on. Hey! What are you doing here? Eating? This is a restricted area! - Hands in the air! - No... Let me do it.
- Hey-hey-hey... Bob, Stuart, come on.
- Stay back. Leave this to me.
- There it is, the crown. Come on.
- You came for the Queen's crown, did you? Well, you're going to have to get through me! The Keeper of the Crown.
- You think it's funny to mock the elderly, do you? Uh. Yes. I've been up here for decades. Just waiting for someone to try and steal the queen's treasure. Okay. Me will do it. What are you sa
- Oh no, you don't. Oh, flippin' heck! Ow! Oof! Ow! For... god sake. Quick, the crown. After it.
- Hello. - Stone the crows! - Stop him, lads! - Go for the legs. - Freeze.
- The Queen's been kidnapped, Sarge! Blimey!
- Hyah! Hyah! - What's going on? - Hello. - Oh, my goodness! - Oh, the crown. - Give me the crown. Now! - No! Ha-ha! Beat that! Gentlemen do not steal ladies' crowns!
- The coach. Waa... Oh, no no no...
- Yeah. Ha ha ha. You scoundrel. After them!
- Stop the blighter! - Stop the blighter! [SWORD IN THE STONE] You're surrounded. Huh?
- Oh, blimey! One of England's most famous myths has become a reality. As a new king has been crowned. Bob, who appears to be a bald, jaundice child, has pulled the famed sword right from it's s
- Ah-ha-ha. England! England! England! England. Eng... land. - England. - England. - England. - England. [AUSTRALIA] --- /INDIA\
- A studio. Hello! Hello! CUT !
- Hello, King Bob. Welcome to Buckingham Palace. Uh. No. Oh. What's the matter, Your Majesty? Whatever is bothering you, we can make it right. - Just name it. - Oh. Ha ha ha. Buddies. Buddie
- King Bob! - Yeh! - Hurray! - Long live the king! - King Bob!
- - Yee-ha! - King Bob. Grill chicken!
- King Bob? King Bob? Ah, Claire. Hm, Tiffany. My beauties.
- Scarlet. Don't you "Scarlet" me. You backstabbing little traitors! Using Herb's inventions to steal my crown!
- I feel used, not going to lie. You stole my dream. I was going to conquer England some day. There was going to be a coronation. And I was going to be made queen. Every moment was planned. I
- I give my place to Scarlet Overkill. King Bob has official changed the law. Clearing the way for Scarlet Overkill to be crowned Queen of England. She will be coronated at London's historic West
- Wow, so many. [ERiC], [NORBERT] Good for you, Well. You'll all get what you deserved. Serve. We get to serve.
- I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But I hate you. I thought I could get over what you did. But I feel so betrayed. I think, yes, I think we're gonna have to break up. And it's not y
- - Oh. - Uh, anything? No no. My sunshine. Wow, harder than I thought. Next machine. Oh, welcome to hang town. Population: You.
- Cut it out. This is really unprofessional. No laughing in the dungeon. I want to see tears and I want to hear screams. Or I'm going to get... - Wait. - Hey. Oh, I've got a groovy idea.
- Hello, will the future King, Herb Overkill, please come upstairs to prepare for the coronation. Well, I hope you learn your lesson for today. And by the way, it was me, Herb, the whole time. I
- I am hours away from becoming the Queen of England. I know, it's a gas. - I will finally get my crown. - Yeah. It's all I ever wanted. I'm going to be so happy. But, let me ask you something,
- Bye, Fabrice! I liked him, he was fun. So, what do you think of the dress? Oh, it's so beautiful, so fashion forward, so Valentino. Gave it a sweetheart neckline because you're my sweetheart.
- A little tighter, sweetie. Come on, I can take it. A little tighter. Tighter. Must have tiny waist. Seeing stars. Seeing stars. Losing feeling in my legs. Perfect. Tie it, tie it, tie it, tie
- Huh? Ah. Bob, Stuart. - Huh? - Help me. Lift up. Lift up. Lift up. Lift up. Help me. Help me! [CARNABY STREET] Oh, hello. Yoo-hoo. [GOD SAVE THE QUEEN] - Puchi, Puchi. Ku. [GOD SAVE TH
- (SORRY) (FOR YOUR LOSS) This way, one more.
- - Move. Move. - Can we just go back. Hey, Kevin. Look. For Scarlet. What do you think? Ah. That's it. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS SORRY SCARLET Heh hey. Perfect for the boss. Come on. Oh. Puchi,
- I love you, Scarlet! Queen wave. Queen wave. Queen waving.
- I'm so-so excited. This is perfect. Everyone looks so nice. Oh, you're just adorable. Oh. Yes! And that music. Eh. Who is that organist? She's good. Right? She looks like an Edna. - Edna!
- Thanks for doing this, Padre. Big fan. Come here, let me squeeze you. Woo. You're so squishy.
- Heh heh. Move aside. Ouch. Ouch... Up there. Up-Up there? My Puchi? Your Puchi, bye bye. Come on! Oh. Bye, Puchi.
- - Oh, Bob. Come on! - Aww. - Stuart! - Yes-yes-yes...
- Oh. Bee. Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, Come on. It's Overkill.
- Oh. No no. Do you Scarlet Overkill
- That's it! Yeah! No! No. No.
- Come on. Come on. Grab my hand.
- I'm stuck. I proclaim thee, Scarlet Overkill, the Queen of England.
- Scarlet! Scarlet. My queen. Somebody help me! Come on, come on. Lift on 2. 1, 2! 1, 2!
- Scarlet, you're okay. He tried to kill me! No. I wasn't... Villains. This is no longer a coronation. It is an execution! Get them!
- Whoa Nelly! Run fellows, run!
- - Guys. - Kevin. You are mine! Stuart. Bob. Huh?
- Come on, Bob. Come on. Ha-ha-ha... Oops.
- - Oh. - Rats. Hey. I've got one!
- Stuart. Bob. Hope they are alright. Hoy, buddies.
- - England. - England. Mind the gap. Mind the gap! He won't get away! He won't escape us!
- Now, what about this one. Why did the Queen go to the dentist? To get her teeth crowned. Ha-ha-ha. Ha. The queen. Tell us another one, Lizzy! Uh. Hello. Oh, it's you. Everyone, this is one
- - This way. Go get him! - Go-go-go...!
- DO NOT PUSH THiS BUTTON -> [DO NOT FLIP THIS SWITCH] [DO NOT PULL THIS LEVER!]
- [DO NOT BLOW IN THiS HOLE ->] - Ultimate weapon initiated. Activation in
- This is it, boys. Things do not look good for you. Oh. And I'm keeping the bear. Huh. Tim! You're not going to need him where you're going. Heaven.
- Huh? Uh... Aah! Shoosh, shoosh, shoosh, shoosh! Oh!
- Bye bye. Say bye bye, Bob. Bye bye.
- Ha ha ha. Come on, no worries.
- Oh, whoa! Wait, what? How did he? Hold my bear.
- - Ha ha. - Yippee. - Kevin. - Woo-hoo-hoo. - Be careful! Be careful! - Be careful. So, that's your plan? Make yourself a bigger target? Ha-ha-ha. - One more scone. - Yes yes.
- Huh? Kevin? Hey. It's Kevin. Come on.
- And so help me. I never want to see another one of your goofy, bug-eyed faces ever again! Scarlet! Scarlet! What? Scarlet! Scarlet! Oh, you got to be kidding me! Oh no, you don't. Yah! Wh
- And just for the record, my little deviled eggs. You can thank Kevin for what I'm about to do to you! Aww! Oww!
- - Yeh! - Buddies! Bob! Stuart! Tony! Hey hey. Tom! And Chris! - Bodyguard! - You're the man! Ha ha ha. Buddies! - Hey, Kevin! - Good to see you. Yeah!
- Ugh! Eww! Huh? Ah. Kevin! Kevin! Enough! This... ends... now...!
- KEVIN !!! Ha-ha-ha, you imbecile. Have fun exploding. Baby. - What's the rush? - Got to get out of here! Let... us... go!
- Here. Your Puchi. Huh. Puchi! You're alright.
- - Oh. - Ooh. - Woo hoo hoo! - Yeah! Yoo hoo hoo. Ouch.
- - Stuart. - Hm. - Bob. - Yes?
- Ladies and gentlemen. We are here today to celebrate the Minions.
- The country owes you a great debt of gratitude. Bob, you were a wise and noble king for all of 8 hours. So for you, I offer this tiny crown for your Teddy Bear, Tim. Oh. Thank you. Thank you.
- Oh, Stuart. We're just messing with you. Don't be mad at me. It was Kevin’s idea. - Ha. - Kevin! We have a much better surprise for you. Here. A Super Mega Ukulele. Wo-Wow. Cool.
- Thank you. Right. Uh. And finally, Kevin. Yes, my queen. You are a hero of the highest order. For your bravery and valor, I am knighting you. From here on out, you are Sir Kevin. Well done.
- What a beautiful moment. - Kumbaya! - Kumbaya! The nation, nay, the world was celebrating Kevin, Stuart, and Bob. The last few thousand years were rough, no question, but things were finally g
- Ha-ha-ha... Scarlet? Someone stop her. Scarlet. Hey!
- They took everything from me. My castle. My reputation. Things looked bleak, baby, I'm not going to lie. But now, at least, I have my crown!
- Child, give me that back. No, I don't think so. You have no idea who you are messing with. I'm the greatest super-villain of all time. Oh, were you?
- Bud-Bud-Buddies. Come here. Come here. Lo-Lo-Look!
- It's the boss. The boss! Come on! Get back her...Are you really going to allow that little penguin to make off with my crown? Oh, Herb. I'm done. Hey. Hey. Scarlet. Here. For Me? Oh. Yes,
- And that is how the Minions found their new boss. He was cunning. He was evil. He was perfect. He was despicable.
- - Banana. - Banana. - Banana. - Banana.
- - Gru. Gru. Gru. - It's Gru.
Scarlet Overkill - Sandra Bullock
Herb Overkill - Jon Hamm
Walter Nelson - Michael Keaton
Madge Nelson - Allison Janney
Professor Flux - Steve Coogan
The Queen - Jennifer Saunders
Narrator - Geoffrey Rush
Young Gru - Steve Carell
The Minions - Pierre Coffin
Tina - Katy Mixon
VNC Announcer (voice) - Michael Beattie
Sumo Villain (voice) - Hiroyuki Sanada
Fabrice (voice) - Dave Rosenbaum
Royal Advisor (voice) - Alex Dowding
News Reporter (voice) - Paul Thornley
Additional Voices (voice) - Ava Acres
Additional Voices (voice) - Carlos Alazraqui
Additional Voices (voice) - Lori Alan
Additional Voices (voice) - Kyle Balda
Additional Voices (voice) - Daniel Barker
Additional Voices (voice) - Bob Bergen
Additional Voices (voice) - Melanie Bond
Additional Voices (voice) (as James J. Cummings) - Jim Cummings
Additional Voices (voice) - John Cygan
Additional Voices (voice) - Brian T. Delaney
Additional Voices (voice) - Bill Farmer
Additional Voices (voice) - Keith Ferguson
Additional Voices (voice) - Helen Fraser
Additional Voices (voice) - Jess Harnell
Additional Voices (voice) - Charlie Hayes
Additional Voices (voice) (as Eve Karpf) - Ève Karpf
Additional Voices (voice) - John Kassir
Additional Voices (voice) - Sherry Lynn
Additional Voices (voice) - Lewis Macleod
Additional Voices (voice) - Danny Mann
Additional Voices (voice) - Mona Marshall
Additional Voices (voice) - Gary Martin
Additional Voices (voice) - Mickie McGowan
Additional Voices (voice) - Laraine Newman
Additional Voices (voice) - Andy Nyman
Additional Voices (voice) - Alexander Polinsky
Additional Voices (voice) - Jan Rabson
Additional Voices (voice) (as Chris Ragland) - Christopher Ragland
Additional Voices (voice) (as Zachary Rice) - Zachary Alexander Rice
Additional Voices (voice) - Cole Sand
Additional Voices (voice) - Mindy Sterling
Additional Voices (voice) - Tara Strong
Additional Voices (voice) (as Will Vanderpuye) - William Vanderpuye
Additional Voices (voice) (as James Kevin Ward) - Jim Ward
Additional Voices (voice) - Colette Whitaker
Additional Voices (voice) - James Daniel Wilson
Uncle Lou (voice) - Jeremy Harrington
Scarlet Overkill - Alexandra Jiménez