Jobless, penniless, and, above all, hopeless, the unmotivated patriarch, Ki-taek, and his equally unambitious family--his supportive wife, Chung-sook; his cynical twentysomething daughter, Ki-jung, and his college-age son, Ki-woo--occupy themselves by working for peanuts in their squalid basement-level apartment. Then, by sheer luck, a lucrative business proposition will pave the way for an insidiously subtle scheme, as Ki-woo summons up the courage to pose as an English tutor for the teenage daughter of the affluent Park family. Now, the stage seems set for an unceasing winner-take-all class war. How does one get rid of a parasite?
Director: Bong Joon Ho
Writer: Han Jin Won (screenplay), Bong Joon Ho (screenplay)
Released: 30 May 2019
Movie Video Clips
You know what kind of plan never fails
Opening my eyes for the first time in a...
She may look like a sheep
- Hey, Ki-jung! Yeah? The lady upstairs put a password on 'iptime'. A password? Did you try 123456789? No luck. Do it the other way. I tried that too! Fuck, then we can't get WhatsApp? Nothing
- - Ki-woo. - Yes, Dad? For Wi-Fi, held it high. Stick it in every corner and so on.
- Damn stink bugs. Over here! I got it! Really? You got a signal? Yeah, see? This one, 'coffeeland 2G' Did a new cafe open? Why can't I get it? Climb up here. Hey kids. - Does it work? - Yeah
- Wow! Check this out, guys. If we go as fast as her, we can finish today. Then we can get paid. - Should we stand up too? - She's a pro. What? Fumigation?
- They still do that kind of thing? Guess so. Shut the window. Leave it open. We'll get free extermination. Kill the stink bugs. Right, too many stink bugs these days...
- I told you to shut it! Should I shut it, Dad?
- What exactly is the problem? Take this one as an example. You call this a straight line? And why's it folded here? Why is this sticking up? You didn't even fold it. A quarter of them look like t
- So you're really docking 10% off our pay? Considering the rejects that's a low penalty, isn't it? Our pay is so low already! How can you do this?
- Look here. This is not some minor issue. You know what one shitty boss can do to our brand image? Brand? You can't even afford a box folder! What did you say? Boss. This is all because of tha
- So weíre all gathered here today. To celebrate the reconnection of our phones, and this bounteous Wi-Fi! Look at that bastard. It's not even dark yet. Why didn't you put up a 'No Urinating' sig
- Wow, what is that? When I said I was meeting Ki-woo, my grandfather insisted I bring this to you.
- Is this a landscape type? Or you can see it as an abstract type. Wow, you know these! My grandpa has collected scholar's rocks since his cadet days. Now the annex, the study, every room in the
- What was that called? A landscape stone? You collect those rocks too? Hey, thanks to that rock I saw your parents, they look healthy. They're plenty healthy, just out of work.
- Is Ki-jung taking lessons these days? She can't afford lessons.
- Cute, huh? She's the one you're tutoring? Park Da-hye. High school sophomore. You take over as her English tutor. What do you mean? Tutor a rich kid. It pays well. She's a nice girl. Look aft
- Hey, I'm serious. When she enters university, I'll officially ask her out. So you take care of her until then. If it's you, I can leave in peace.
- Thanks for your trust, but do I have to pretend to be a college student?
- Ki-woo, think about it. For years including your military service, you took the university entrance exam 4 times. Grammar, vocabulary, composition, conversation... When it comes to English, yo
- She's a bit simple. Young and simple. Simple? What do you mean? Anyway, it's all good. I had fun there. So you agree? I guess so. Hey, you said your sister is artistic? Good at Photoshop? G
- Hey, no smoking in here. Yeah, yeah. Gimme that. Yeah.
- Wow, does Oxford have a major in document forgery? Ki-jung would be top of her class. She's amazing, huh? Our boy's going for a job interview. Wish him luck. Son. I'm proud of you. Dad. I don
- Who is it? Madame? Good afternoon. I'm here on Min's recommendation... Oh right, come in. Thank you.
- Hello! Hello, Madame. I just work here. Come this way. The yard is so nice. The insider's nice too. You know the architect Namgoong? He's famous. He used to live in this house.
- As you can see, now it's a playpen. This way.
- Sit yourself down here. I'll bring the madame. Yes.
- He's here. The tutoring candidate.
- I don't care about documents. Min recommended you, after all. As you know, Min is such a brilliant human being. Da-hye and I were quite happy with him. Regardless of her grades. Know what I me
- Anyway, excuse me, but if I can speak directly, if you're not up to Min's level, then, I'm not sure what the point is.
- So anyway, what I want to say is, for your first lesson today, do you mind if I sit in. I want to see it full time, how you run your lesson.
- Da-hye, you solved those later problems then went back to #24. Right? Yes.
- If that were the first question on a real exam, you'd be screwed. Look at this. Your pulse is racing.
- The heart doesn't lie. An exam is like slashing through a jungle. Lose that momentum and you're finished. The answer to #24? I don't care. Slashing through the exam, dominating it! That's all
- So I'll pay you this time each month. 3 classes a week, 2 hours each, okay? As for the fee, I was going to pay Min's rate, then I added a bit for inflation. Thank you.
- How about a proper introduction? Da-hye' tutor, we'll call him Kevin. Mr. Kevin! If you feel like snacking during your lesson, just call me. If you need anything, ask her. She knows this house
- This is an Indian arrow. I ordered it from the U.S. From last year he's been an Indian fanatic.
- Indians? He's got a fanboy personality? Well, he's eccentric and easily distracted. he can barely sit still! So last year I enrolled him in Cub Scouts. hoping he'd learn moderation and focus.
- His scout leader is an Indian fanatic, maybe that's why. The American Indian is the very spirit of the Cub Scouts. It's a good thing. Were you a Cub Scout, Kevin? Sure. I'm a Scout by nature. D
- Sure enough! The perspective of a young artist eludes understanding. Or perhaps it's Da-song's expressive genius... Anyway, we've been through so many art teachers. None of them lasts even a m
- - Just a moment. Madame. - Yes? Someone just came to mind. What was her name? Jessica! Right, Jessica... She was in the same art school as my cousin. What was her Korean name? Anyway, after s
- Jessica, only child, Illinois Chicago, classmate Kim Jin-mo, he's your cousin.
- Look at how he painted the side dishes on the tablecloth in this mosaic arrangement. But within that too, there are repeating patterns. Gochujang is red, the rice... well, anyway, he has a Basq
- So as you can see, Da-song's eccentric genius...
- Da-hye. So we'll start with #38?
- Kevin. Yeah? Did you know that Da-song is faking it all? Huh? What do you mean? It's all a show. Acting like a genius, that 4th dimension stuff is all fake. An artist cosplay. Da-song?
- You know that thing, when he freezes and stares at the sky, as if struck by inspiration. So he's walking along, then he stares at the clouds for 10 minutes. So you know what I mean? He gives me
- Sure, so in that sense, what you told me about Da-song was very interesting, so let's write about it in English. And be sure to use the word 'pretend' at least twice. Then, can I ask you a quest
- What do you mean? She's your girlfriend, right?
- No way... I just met her today.
- Jessica's really pretty. isn't she? Aren't you interested? You saw her? Sure, she's pretty. She's a beautiful woman. Yeah.
- I knew it. So you are interested.
- So, if we can compare Jessica to a rose, then you are...
- - Let's study. - Yes. Please understand that my boy has trouble keeping still. I understand. Da-song! Da-song, get up! Come on, Da-song! In your butt... - Madame, please leave us. - What? I
- Madame? Want some plum extract? What? It's mixed with honey. To ease your tension. Yeah, that would be great
- - Hey. - Yes? I've got an idea. Take two glasses of plum extract to Da-song's room. You're not a parent, so you can go in! Oh, that's right! Then I'll report back on what's going on in there.
- So you're done already? Madame. Come sit next to me.
- Da-son just painted this. I see... I'd rather speak with Madame alone. Oh, but she is... No, leave us.
- Madame, I told you I study art psychology and art therapy? Yes. Did anything happen to Da-song in first grade?
- To be frank, before I decide whether to take on Da-song, I need to hear about this. But this is hard for me to talk about right now. What to do? Never mind, then. The lower-right region of a p
- Over there, it's the same! It's the same, right? Yes, that's correct. A similar shape in the same zone. You see it now? Yes. I've stared at that painting at every meal! But I had no idea. Cal
- Honey, Da-song's new art teacher is here.
- Her name's Jessica, from Illinois. Jessica! This is Dong-ik. - Hello. - Hi. Thanks for your help. Class is over? Yes, just finished. - Driver Yoon. - Yes? - Are you free? - Yes, I am. Then
- Ride the Benz, not the subway! I'm meeting my boyfriend at exit 3 of Hyehwa Station! Yes.
- Dad, when you worked as a driver, did you drive a lot of Benzes? Benzes? Not then, but I did when I worked as a valet. You worked as a valet? Sure, after the chicken place went bust, before the
- We're moving to the next stage already? I set a trap in the Benz. Then we're diving right in. Wow this is so metaphorical. Look Dad, we're eating in a driver's cafeteria right now! Right, a dri
- Oh, you're home? Did you eat yet?
- Is something wrong? Is the housekeeper out? She's walking the dogs. Honey. This was under my car seat.
- Driver Yoon is such a scumbag. What is this? I'm sorry, honey. I didnít know he was this kind of guy. Don't you pay him well? Is he saving up by not paying for a motel? He must be a pervert.
- And if so, why not in his seat? Why cross the line like that? You're right. Does dripping his sperm on my seat turn him on? I can't believe this.
- But you know what's strangest of all? What? Usually if you have car sex, you might leave behind a strand of hair, or an earring. Right. But how can you forget your own panties? That's right.
- But I'm surprised. He was so gentlemanly and cool. Jessica, you're too young and innocent! You have a lot to learn about people. But we were excited to have such a young, hip driver, too. But i
- Do you really want to meet him? I'm deadly serious. This chain of recommendations is best. How should I describe it? A belt of trust? - This one's different. - Here. Oh, right. And this one.
- This is en it! Come over here.
- But is it compatible with a phone? Oh, not with a phone. You need more computing power. This isn't any sort of test, so don't be nervous. I was worn out at the office, so I came out for a bit.
- Thank you. You seem to know the road well? Anything below the 38th parallel. After 30 years behind the wheel, the car almost drives itself. I respect those who work in one field for a long time
- Sure enough, your cornering is excellent. Well, it may look simple, but it's one of the fundamentals. She may look like a sheep, but inside, she's a fox. Sometimes she acts like she owns the ho
- So according to what Da-hye told me, she's got a massively serious allergy to peaches. You know that fuzz on a peach's skin? If she's anywhere near it, she gets a full body rash, has trouble b
- No no, there weren't any peaches anywhere. That's what I'm saying! Usually when I get symptoms like this, I run to my room and take my medicine, but it was so sudden, I wasn't sure where I lef
- What I'm trying to say is, it's just that, your housekeeper's voice is quite loud, you know? I understand, it's all right. Just tell me, okay? She said she got diagnosed with active TB, and sh
- If you get the chance, this'll be icing on the cake.
- Mr. Kim. Please don't tell any of this to my husband, okay? Understood. If he hears I brought a TB patient to our home, I'll be hanged and quartered! Don't worry, Madame. And if I may presume
- It's a proven method. That's the best. Okay, then.
- Have you... washed your hands?
- Mr. Kim, do you know a good braised ribs place? Somewhere close by. Sure. - Then you'll be eating out? - That's right. Why such a craving for braised ribs today? Our old housekeeper made deli
- Sure, it's easy enough to hire a new one. Still, it's a shame. She was a great housekeeper I see. She kept the house in great shape, and she knew never to cross the line. I can't stand people
- Of course. I love her. We'll call it love.
- The Care? What is this? I just recently found out about them. How to describe it? It's like a membership service The company provides veteran-grade help to VIP customers such as you. For examp
- But when their call came I had already arranged to meet with you. I see... You turned down this famous company to work for me. I won't forget that.
- Anyway, I can give this card to my wife, right? Yes, that's why I brought it up. No need to mention me. You can tell her you found the company yourself. Sure. Thanks to you I can play the good
- Hello, this is Senior Advisor Yeo of The Care. Yes, this is The Care's main office? If she wanted, she'd be a fucking great con artist. Isn't her voice tone great? Takes after me.
- From what I've heard, it's a full membership service? So you're not currently a member, I assume? That's right, What steps do I need to take? We'll just need to receive a few documents from you
- Wow, peaches! You have some too, Mr. Kevin. Thank you.
- Leave it outside the door next time. - And knock! - Yes.
- No entering during my lesson! Yes, miss!
- Park Da-song! Daddy! Where are you?
- Daddy! Son! Walkie talkies! Walkie talkies! Who do you like better, your dad or the walkie talkie? Da-song, how could you run out from your lesson? When did you buy all this? It's no big deal
- What's he doing now? Da-song, don't do that! It's the same! They smell the same! What are you talking about? Go up to Jessica. Jessica smells like that, too. So do we all need to use different
- That asshole's dead. Ki-woo's on the rampage! Don't overdo it! Use this instead.
- Get a fucking grip! Get a grip!
- Current weather is clear, over. The clouds are moving. But they're not rain clouds, over. I hear you, over. Currently your sister's lip is pouting like a duck's bill. She's super annoyed, over.
- Oh, right. You know the beam projector? The outdoor theater? Right, bring the outdoor beam projector. And look for Da-song's camping raincoat. He loves it when it rains. You remember now? Zoo
- Son! Why are you lying down outside? Isn't he hot out there? I'm gazing at the sky from home.
- Mom, want some water? There's sparkling, right? Ki-jung, some water? Telepathy... thank you.
- Wow, all these varieties or alcohol. Dad! Let me add another to the mix! This is pretty classy. Rain falling on the lawn, as we sip our whiskey... Ki-woo, what's that yellow notebook you've be
- Awhile back... Never mind. When she enters university. I'll officially ask her out. Seriously.
- My son! Then this house will be your in-laws' house?
- That's right. Fuck, then I'm washing dishes at my daughter-in-law's? Sure, washing your daughter-in-law's socks!
- Speaking of which, if this became our house, if we lived here, which room would you want? What room in this masterwork by the great Namgoong? Fuck, I don't know. Get me the house first. Then I
- Huh? What's wrong? What's the matter? Dad, don't do that. You only live once.
- What the hell? I fooled you! Didn't I? Jesus, Dad. I fooled you too, Ki-woo? Did it look for real? If it was for real, I'd fucking kill you. What is this? Fucking puppy.
- Who is it at this hour'? What is it?
- What's she doing here? The old housekeeper? What's she here for? She won't stop ringing it.
- Raising a racket. Who is it? Oh, hello! I'm... The madame's not in, right? What? I worked here for a very long time. Above the monitor there, you see a photo of 3 dogs, right? Zoome, Berry, F
- Anyway... I'm very sorry to call on you so late. It's just that... I forgot something in the basement under the kitchen. When I left, they pushed me out so quickly...
- What do we do? This isn't in the plan.
- Sorry for the trouble. This way. Yes, thank you.
- You can put your raincoat... It'll just be a second. Quite a meal there. That'll be a job to clean up. But what did you leave below?
- Want to come down with me? Well, just go ahead.
- Help me push this! Pull it! From over there. What? Pull!
- Wait! Honey, I'm here! What is all this?
- Honey! Honey, I'm fine. No you're not! I'm fine, really. How can you say that? But I'm really hungry. Suck it! How many days has it been? You must've been so hungry!
- It's okay. She's a nice woman. She let me in There was an iron plate, for grilling meat It was wedged under the shelf. So that's why. I couldn't open it from the inside. - What's going on here
- Wait... Jessica? Mr. Kim? What the hell?
- Dad, my ankle! You okay? Sorry. Dad, my foot. Don't call me Dad!
- I thought it was weird when the driver was fired. Hey. - Let's talk things over. - What the hell? Are you some family of charlatans? So, sis... Don't fucking call me sis, you filthy bitch! I
- Don't push! Let's go up, honey. Time for you to get some fresh air!
- Honey, this 'send' button is like a missile launcher. What do you mean, honey? If we threaten to push it. those people can't do anything. It's like a North Korean rocket. A North Korean missile
- You scumbag family. Husband? Husband. Wife? Yes. Son? Yes. - Daughter? - Daughter. You neanderthals. Is that all you can think to do, drink yourselves stupid? In this home suffused with M
- Good job! Delete it! Careful, don't send it by accident.
- Hello? Listen, do you know how to make ram-don? Ram-don? Da-song likes ram-don more than anything. If you boil the water now, the timing will be perfect. There's sirloin in the fridge, add th
- Ramen / Udon Dad, I can't drag her any further!
- Go up quickly! Help upstairs.
- Welcome home! Da-song, look! Let's eat ram-don!
- Why don't you just eat the ram-don? Shall I? No, wait. I can give it to my husband. There's sirloin in here.
- It's cooked through? Medium well done.
- Returning after a day's work... I love you so much, Mr. Park! Home from the office, Mr. Park is off duty now. Returning after a day's work... I love you so much, Mr. Park! - What are you doing?
- Honey, do you want some ram-don? Da-song doesn't want it? No, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Why are you staring? Mr. Park, you feed me and house me. Respect!
- You do this every day? Sure, I even send whole sentences to thank him. Someone of your age should know it. Know what? Morse Code. That sensor's going batty.
- Da-song will know it, since he's a Scout. It's ridiculous, right? Running around. trying to please a kid. He's not some kind of prince. He's the youngest. It's common. Please understand. Da-s
- He had a birthday party at home that day. Late that night, when everyone was sleeping, Da-song crept down to the kitchen and took the cake out. The whipped cream on that cake was amazing. Even
- He screamed, and I ran downstairs, and he was all... his eyes rolled back in his head, convulsions, foam in his mouth.
- Have you ever seen a child have a seizure? They need 15-minute treatment, or they're done for. That's the time you have to reach an emergency room, 15 minutes. How can you live in a place like
- What is it? Damn it! - Mom! - Yeah? - How could you? - What? I like ram-don too! How could you not even ask me? Well... Da-song didn't want it, so you asked Dad, then ate it yourself. Want
- One, two, three! One two three! Da-song? Da-song, cut it out! He's gone crazy! Get an umbrella. Hey Park Da-song! What a monster. What the hell is he doing? Da-song, itís time for bed! You kn
- Who do you take after to be so stubborn! Look at this rain!
- OMG Kevin. Da-song camping in the yard.
- Hey, channel 3 for emergencies! Keep it turned on. Let me have it. I can't believe him Just leave him. He'll come in if he's tired. - I want you here, honey. - I'm with you. Hey, Da-hye! Stop
- Where's that smell coming from? What smell? Mr. Kim's smell. - Mr. Kim? - Yeah. Not sure what you mean. Really? You must have smelled it. That smell that wafts through the car, how to describ
- Anyway, even though he always seems about to cross the line, he never does cross it. That's good. - I'll give him credit. - Yeah. But that smell crosses the line. It powers through right into
- Isn't this like the cars back seat? What if Da-song comes back in? Don't worry! I can just pull my hand back.
- You still have those cheap panties? Huh? The ones Yoon's girlfriend left behind. If you wear those, I'll get really fucking hard. Really? Then buy me drugs. Buy me drugs!
- They're passed out cold. Sneak out now.
- - Emergency! - What? What is it, over! Da-song, what's wrong? I can't sleep, over. So stop it and come in, okay? Go sleep in your soft bed. over Right! I don't want to. over. Hey, Park Da-son
- How did it turn out back there? What?
- Well, I tied them up. What will we do now? Huh?
- What do we do now, what's our plan? I've been wondering... What would Min do in this situation? Min wouldn't be in this situation!
- Look kids, we made it out of there safely, right? And besides us, nobody knows what happened there. Right? So nothing happened. You understand? I've got my own plan. So you two just forget abo
- What are you doing there? Hurry up!
- You stay there. This is all sewage water. Was our window open?
- Hey Ki-woo, close the window! You got shocked?
- Honey, I've got a concussion. I can't see you.
- Honey, that woman Chung-sook... Oh, god. What a nice person.
- She kicked me down the stairs
- Repeat after me. Chung-sook... Chung-sook...
- Hey, Ki-woo! What at are you doing there? Huh?
- Dad. Yeah? What was your plan?
- What are you talking about? Before, you said you had a plan. What will you do? About... the basement. Ki-woo, you know what kind of plan never fails? No plan at all. No plan. You know why?
- If you make a plan, life never works out that way. Look around us. Did these people think, "Let's all spend the night in a gym?" But look now. Everyone's sleeping on the floor, us included.
- That's why people shouldn't make plans.
- With no plan, nothing can go wrong. And if something spins out of control, it doesn't matter. Whether you kill someone or betray your country. None of it fucking matters. Got it?
- I'll take care of everything. What are you talking about?
- Why are you hugging that stone? This?
- Miss Jessica! Sorry to call on Sunday morning. Are you free for lunch today? We're having a birthday impromptu for Da-song. A birthday party? If you come too, Da-song will be so happy. And hav
- Everyone it down, I'll explain! Da-hye: We're having a party, and mom said to invite you!
- Sis, in the basement... we have 10 outdoor tables. First take them all out, then arrange them... No, come to the window. I need to show you.
- With Da-song's tent in the middle, curve the tables outward... A crane's wing formation! Like Admiral Yi used, you know? The Battle of Hansan Island! Think of the tent as the Japanese warship.
- Quiet, he's sleeping! Today the sky's so blue, and no pollution! Thanks to all the rain yesterday. Right. So we traded camping for a garden party. Lemons into lemonade.
- Right, that rain was such a blessing!
- And definitely no presents, I mean it! Right, just squeeze your Mini Cooper into the garage. Go on up! Right, back it in. Just don't block the Benz! You're here! It's been so long!
- You were thinking of something else. What? While kissing me, you thought of something else.
- What do you mean? You're doing it now, too.
- Everyone looks gorgeous, right?
- Even for a sudden gathering, they're so cool. And look so natural.
- What? In this setting, do I fit in?
- Hey, where are you going? I need to go down. Just stay with me. I need to go down there. Why go to those boring people? Can't you stay here? Not to those people, down lover. Wow, what is that?
- God, I can't believe I'm doing this at my age. It's so embarrassing. I'm really sorry, Mr. Kim. Da-song's mom insisted, it canít be helped. But the concept is simple. There'll be a parade with
- You're trying your best, too. Well, you love her, after all.
- Mr. Kim. You're getting paid extra.
- Think of this as part of your work, okay?
- Did you go down below? - Not yet. - Shouldn't we talk to them? Reach an understanding? Exactly! We all got too fucking worked up last night. Dad was going on about some plan... - I'm just goi
- Coffee next time for Sure! Here you are, Jessica. - This is so amazing. - Isn't it great? I've got a special favor to ask. What is it? This is... how to describe it? Da-song's trauma recovery c
- Da-song, happy birthday! Congratulations!
- Stop! Chung-sook! Ki-jung! Come out here, Chung-sook! Stop the blood! Push down on the wound!
- Da-song! Honey! Let go, don't!
- The emergency room! Get the car! Mr. Kim! What are you doing? We can't wait for an ambulance! Stop pushing, Dad! Makes it hurt more. Car keys! The car keys! Throw them! Throw me the key!
- Are you okay? Don't touch it!
- Hello, Mr. Park. You know me? Respect!
- Opening my eyes for the first time in a month, I saw a detective. You have the right to an attorney... Who looked nothing like a detective.
- Is he laughing? Just a sec. Then the doctor who looked nothing like a doctor spoke. That happens sometimes after brain surgery. They keep laughing. For no reason. Do you hear me? Can you hear
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you... He keeps laughing, look!
- Even when I heard how much Ki-jung bled that day...
- Even when I heard the words forgery, trespassing, foul play, self-defense and we were lucky to get away with a probation...
- Even when I finally got to see Ki-jung's face... Kim Ki-jung. RIP I kept laughing.
- Still, when I went back and watched the news reports, I didn't laugh. This sudden rampage in the back yard of an upper-class home is a highly unusual case. Since the homeless man who sparked th
- But those detectives still wore themselves out tailing us.
- Eventually the news went quiet, and after the tails stopped, I started going up that mountain.
- From up there, you get a great view of the house.
- That day, despite the cold. I felt like staying longer.
- Perhaps you, if no one else. will be able to read this letter.
- You were a Boy Scout, so I'm writing this just in case.
- Have your injuries healed? I'm sure your mom is plenty healthy.
- Though thinking of Ki-jung makes me cry.
- Even now, what happened that day doesn't seem real. It feels like a dream,
- and yet it doesn't. That day as I went out the gate, I suddenly knew. Where I needed to go...
- A house where such grisly crime took place would surely not be easy to sell.
- I'm sorry, Mr. Park. I struggled to hold out like that in an empty house.
- Still, thanks to the house being empty. what was her name? Moon-gwang? I was able to give her a proper send off. I hear tree-side burials are trendy. so hell, I did my best.
- But those real estate sharks sure are clever.
- They hoodwinked some people who had just arrived in Korea and managed to sell the house.
- With the parents working, and the kids attending school, the family is usually out. But the goddamned housekeeper stays there 24 hours a day. Each time I go upstairs, I take my life in my hands.
- It turns out Germans eat more than just sausage and beer. What a relief.
- Passing the time down here, everything starts to go hazy.
- Today at least I was able to write you a letter.
- If I send out the letter this way every night, maybe someday you'll see it.
- Dad, today I made a plan. A fundamental plan.
- I'm going to earn money. A lot of it.
- University, a career, marriage. those are all fine, but first I'll earn money. You'll see once you go in, but it's very spacious. Actually, we don't show this house to just anyone. When I have
Ki Taek - Kang-ho Song
Dong Ik - Sun-kyun Lee
Yeon Kyo - Yeo-jeong Jo
Ki Woo - Woo-sik Choi
Ki Jung - So-dam Park
Moon Gwang - Jeong-eun Lee
Chung Sook - Hye-jin Jang
Geun Se - Myeong-hoon Park
Da Hye - Ji-so Jung
Da Song - Hyun-jun Jung
Driver Yoon (as Park Keun Rok) - Keun-rok Park
CEO of Pizza Place - Jeong Esuz
CEO's Brother of Pizza Place - Jo Jae-Myeong
Neighbor (as Jung Ik Han) - Ik-han Jung
Drunk Person 1 - Kim Gyu Baek
Internet Cafe Staff - Hwang In Kyung
Street Fighting Person 1 (as Ahn Seong Bong) - Seong-Bong Ahn
Street Fighting Person 2 - Kim Jin Hyung
Mercedes Benz Dealer (as Yoon Young Woo) - Yoon Young-woo
VR Expert (as Park Jae Wook) - JaeWook Park
Employee of Dong ik Company 1 - Kang Hyun Gyu
Employee of Dong ik Company 2 - Seo Hee Young
Drunk Person 2 (as Lee Dong Yong) - Dong-yong Lee
Shelter's Public Servant - An Jing San
Refugee Woman - Jeong A. Reum
Party Man 1 - Kim Jung Woo
Party Man 2 - Kim Geon
Party Man 3 (as Lee Ju Hyung) - Joo-hyung Lee
Party Man 4 - Jung Jae Hoon
Party Woman 1 - Yang Sun Young
Party Woman 2 - Lee Lu A.
Party Woman 3 - Lee Sang Kyung
Soprano (as Lee Ji Hye) - Ji-hye Lee
Cellist - Kim Bo Ryoung
Party Member - Kim E. Seul
Party Member - Kim Hya Ryun
Party Member - Kim Young Jo
Party Member - Kim Sung Joon
Party Member - Kim Sung Su
Party Member - Kim Ha Eun
Party Member - Park Mi Ae
Party Member - Park Hye Sook
Party Member - Baik Seung Hwan
Party Member - Park Jae Wan
Party Member - Park Ga Bin
Party Member - Seol Min
Party Member - Seo Han Gyeol
Party Member - Oh Mu Yong
Party Member - Lee Si Hoo
Party Member - Lee In Kyung
Party Member - Lee Si Eun
Party Member - Lee Do Woon
Party Member - Oh Byeol Ha
Party Member - Kim Yooin
Party Member - Yu Chae Ryeon
Party Member - Jang Ye Won
Party Member - Jung Se Hyun
Party Member - Jeong Il Hwa
Party Member - Jee Yeon
Party Member - Ji Hye Yeong
Party Member - Je Seung Hyun
Party Member - Choi Ji Won
Party Member - Ha Woun Hee
Italian Chef - Riccardo Ferraresso
Chef's Assistant - Choi Jeong Hyun
Doctor - Ko Kwan Jae
Detective - Lee Si Hoon
JTBC Reporter - Seo Pok Hyun
JTBC Reporter - Shim Su Mi
JTBC News Reporter - Joon Hye Ri
Following Detective - Beak Dong Hyun
Nurse - Jang Ji Woo
German Father - Andreas Fronk
German Mother - Anna Elisabeth Rihlmann
German Daughter - Melinda McDonald
German Son - Sean Thomas
Housekeeper - Rosie Peralta
Real Estate Agent 1 - Lee Eun Hee
Real Estate Agent 2 - Kim Se In
Supermarket Owner - Han Mi Ja
Hair Designer - Ju Su Ji
Architect Namgoong - Shin Seung Min
Jooney - Gamja
Berry - Mangchi
Poopoo - Mungchi
Min - Seo-joon Park
Judge (voice) - Kwak Sin Ae
German Couple (voice) - Siegmund Mark
German Couple (voice) - Maurer Katrin
Special Guest - Hyo-shin Pak