What are you talking about
[In the dressing room before the fight against Drago]
you look good but just do me a favor, when you go out there try not to wear yourself out
Yeah, wear myself out?
You haven't been in the ring for five years
What are you talking about? You make it sound like I'm an old man. I'm in the best shape of my life I'm quicker, I'm stronger
I'm not saying you're not ready but personally, if it were me, I wouldn't mind postponing it a couple few weeks
Yeah we don't know anything about this guy, you're fighting
Ok let's say I postpone, I step out someone steps in and whips this guy where does that leave me?
What do you mean "leave you", this is just an exhibition bout this doesn't mean anything
No that's where your wrong, it's not just an "exhibition bout" that doesn't mean anything it's us against them
- Lose, and lose royally, he's gonna do.
- How can you be so sure?
I've been with the best. I beat the best.
I retired more men than Social Security!
Excuse, please. You are not
very realistic, are you, Mr Creed?
What are you talkin' about?
You can box, yes, but you are far too
old to think you can win over Drago.
- Is that a fact?
- Yes! And it could be a painful one!
Put that heavy bag with eyeballs
in the ring with me and you'll see pain!
- Why do you insult us?
- Now you just hold on here.
I'm not the bad guy. I came to talk
about a friendly exhibition bout
- till Comrade Bigmouth started up!
- It is you who are the aggressor.
I wish to say to the press, in all fairness,
Drago should not even fight this man,
because he is a has-been.
You get that big chump
in the ring right now...
- Stop this before you get hurt.
- I don't wanna hear! Let that chump go!
All right, all right. I've said what I feel.
- We'll finish this in the ring!
- Wherever you like.
You shut up, and all these puppets you
brought with you! You're history, chump!
- How did I do?
- A little loud for me.
- But good?
- Oh, yeah. Very good.
Welcome to the City of Lights -
Las Vegas -
and to one of the most unusual
events in years... East meets West.
Age versus youth in
a goodwill exhibition match,
as the former champion Apollo Creed
takes on a mountain of muscle
from the Soviet Union... Ivan Drago.
- Come on.
- Patience is a virtue.
- I'm ready to rock 'n' roll.
- You gotta get your equipment.
- Now you look like a mummy.
- I feel like a mummy.
- How does it feel? OK?
- Feels great. I feel like I could eat nails.
- I never tried them snails.
- What are you talkin' about?
Snails. I never had 'em. I see 'em in
the garden, but I never want to eat 'em.
I didn't say anythin' about snails.
I said nails. N-N-Nails, Stallion!
You look pretty good, but, you know,
just do me a favour when you go up there.
- Try not to wear yourself out, OK?
- Yeah, wear myself out. Sure.
Well, it's just that you ain't
been in the ring for five years.
- I just want you to... maintain a little bit.
- I'm in the best shape of my life.
- I'm stronger, I'm quicker...
- Hey, I'm not sayin' you're not ready,
but personally, if it were me,
Clip duration: 150 seconds
Movie: Rocky IV
Genres: drama, sport
Summary: Rocky Balboa proudly holds the world heavyweight boxing championship, but a new challenger has stepped forward: Drago, a six-foot-four, 261-pound fighter who has the backing of the Soviet Union.