The products at Shopwell's Grocery Store are made to believe a code that helps them live happy lives until it's time for them to leave the comfort of the supermarket and head for the great beyond. However, after a botched trip to the great beyond leaves one sausage named Frank and his companion Bun stranded, Frank goes to great lengths (pun intended) to return to his package and make another trip to the great beyond. But as Frank's journey takes him from one end of the supermarket to the other, Frank's quest to discover the truth about his existence as a sausage turns incredibly dark. Can he expose the truth to the rest of the supermarket and get his fellow products to rebel against their human masters?
Director: Greg Tiernan, Conrad Vernon
Writer: Kyle Hunter (screenplay by), Ariel Shaffir (screenplay by), Seth Rogen (screenplay by), Evan Goldberg (screenplay by), Seth Rogen (story by), Evan Goldberg (story by), Jonah Hill (story by)
Production: Sony Pictures
Released: 12 Aug 2016
Awards: 1 win & 24 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
When will it end
I am sorbitol
They are eating CHILDREN
Once you see that shit
Perhaps I can be of some assistance
Look at me
For the love of shit
Look at him
We keep our wieners in our packages
What the FUCK
Look at these big ol' buns
I'm not a soft taco
The human is no longer aware of the...
If what you're saying is true
Be careful with this
Little juicy box
Can't this thing go any faster
You ready to get baked and walk through...
You're celebrating your doom
I'm coming at you
The bath salts are showing me the REAL...
We'll exterminate ze juice
I don't know
This beat is sick
We've slept in again
You think I give a fuck about PB or J
But over the years
I just came over here
Country Club Lemonade
How are ya
But your girlfriend
If you see them
Just the tips
Sorry about those guys
I've got a famiglia
We're all gonna die
We blaze for real 24
That's no way to treat a lady
I hate this fucking job
Stay away from my sausage
I'm filling you
I'm gonna get you
What's happening out there
It's the Dark Lord
Everyone knew the awful truth
Snap out of it
You don't deserve that
I tried to warn everyone
I accidentally dropped a few things back...
I really needed that douche
Right in my guac and balls
You fuck with them
Come at me
I'm the first to enter eternity
You candy asses
Get away from me
Welcome to the aisle
Where have you been
I meant to buy normal mustard
We choose the more pleasant thing
Where's the fucking sausage
Are you a bun
I fell out of the cart
He can actually see us
Kind of stuffy in here
Waiting for me
- (LIGHT SWITCHES CLICKING) (MUSIC) (YAWNS)
- ♪ In here We keep our wieners in our packages ♪ ♪ That's how it is ♪ ♪ It sucks ♪ ♪ But that's the way Our buns keep fresh and pure ♪ ♪ Baby, baby ♪ ♪ But once we're out the doors It's not a s
- WOMAN: (OVER P.A.) We need an extra cashier to the front, please.
- (GROCERIES SCREAMING) LAVASH: Donkey fucker!
- Frank! (MUSIC) (SCREAMS) (MOANING)
- DOUCHE: Oh, no. Bro! Douche down! I'm out of my fucking box! CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP: Cream of Mushroom? Are you there? (THUDDING AND RUMBLING)
- Wake up! I'm nothing without you! (SOBBING) Get up! We gotta go!
- - FRANK: Uhn! - Frank! Move your fucking ass!
- (FOOD CLAMORING) - Help! - Oh, my God! GRAPE: Frank, run! - CHIPS: I can't! - Come on, Chips! It's you and me, bro! Gotta use your cardio, bro! Come on! Pump those legs! (SCREAMING)
- Oh, my God! Look out! Get to the wall!
- Hey. I... Sorry, I accidentally dropped a few things back there. Except for that douche. I don't know whose that is. Cleanup on Aisle 2. This MILF dropped a douche. Oh. "MILF." Thank you so much
- I could still... ...get up in there.
- Oh, my God. My nozz! My motherfucking nozz! - FRANK: You okay? - I think so. Yo, did you two do this to me? Are you two responsible for my nozzle being irrepressibly fucked up? Whoa, whoa, easy
- (BRENDA PANTING) (FRANK CHUCKLES) Um... WOMAN: (OVER P.A.) Attention, shoppers. The store's closed.
- No disrespect, but you look fucking gross, bro. Look at you. Fucking bent-ass, busted-ass nozz. Oh, great. You're leaking all your juice out. Can I ask you a question, me? Why would a god let y
- JUICE BOX: Help me, someone. Help me. Help me. Help. What's up, little juicy box? You're leaking too, eh, bro? And right out of your fucking dingle. (COUGHING) Fucking sucks, right? Dying. So
- (LAUGHING) I'm like a full-on juicehead now, bro. (LAUGHING) I got a new purpose now. Revenge! Where's that fucking sausage? Because this douche is DTFSU. Down to fuck a sausage up! I'm comin
- LAVASH: First you come into our aisle and occupy more and more shelf space. You even have settlements now on the west shelf that you claim as your own. Oh, look, it's not our fault we needed a ho
- Holy fucksticks. We are "ray-ray" far from home. (DANCE MUSIC PLAYING IN DISTANCE) FRANK: Liquor aisle. Firewater. From here, it seems like the best route is probably to go through the liquor a
- ♪ Who wants to dance now! Come on, let's rock! ♪ (CANS SHOUTING) (WHOOPING)
- (SCREAMS) (YELLS THEN WHOOPS) Kegger! Holy shit. Look at this place. It's fucking crazy! Are you seeing this? They're all out of their packages. What are they doing? This is a place of unparall
- What a crazy coincidence! This is Firewater's cave! This is what Honey Mustard was talking about. We should go. Okay, yeah, great. You go do that. I'll just be out here dry-humping this 40-ouncer
- Fifty-five minutes. I know. Where is he? Wa-ha-ha. Looks like you got ditched, bun. Ha-ha. He wouldn't ditch me, dumb-ass. He's my boyfriend. I mean... ...we touched T-I-Ps. Ha-ha-ha. ♪ We touc
- Sorry, I don't know why I'm singing. ♪ Sometimes I get nervous And I'll sing! ♪♪ Maybe that's why he ditched you. Your loose morals are revolting, tip-toucher! You don't think that because I'm o
- All right, vámonos. Let's go. I am to be trusted. (LAUGHING)
- SAMMY: Yeah. This has a nice south-of-the-border vibe. Heh. (INDISTINCT CHATTERING) (CHATTERING STOPS) (CHATTERING RESUMES) Okay, you go over there and you sit at the bar right there, okay? You
- (GROWLS) Is it me or is everyone looking at us? (TERESA SPEAKS IN SPANISH) - H, hi. It's nice to meet... - Shh. Don't look at me. Eyes forward. Act natural. - Oh, okay. - Listen. My name is T
- No! No! CARL: Cheese! You don't deserve that!
- (WINE GRUNTING) Oh, no! No! (GROCERIES SCREAMING) For the love of shit, run! (HUMMING) Whoops! I want my mommy! (SCREAMING) They're eating children! Fucking children!
- - We gotta run! - Oh! We're all gonna die! Barry! Snap the fuck out of it and run! (MUSIC)
- Okay, little buddy. Jump on the count of three. One! Two! Thre... Uhn. Carl? (GROANING) "Gar Babar" what? What are you saying, Carl? Oh! Oh, God. No! No! Oh, God! Carl! Carl! Barry! Carl!
- Hurry! (WHIMPERING) (GRUNTING) - Guys, I'm stuck! - DOUCHE: Yaah! Ay, my bunny-bun! - I told you she was too fat. - I heard that! Come on, honeybun, suck it in. - Aah! - BRENDA: He's coming,
- Fuck! Stuck! You gotta be kidding me, dude! Toma la pinche douche de la chingada de mierda pendejo son of a bitch! Yeah! What she said! Ay, mi gordita, let's not start eating each other's boxes
- BARRY: Shit, shit, shit! Oh, man, oh, man, oh, man. What do I do? I'm all alone. I'm a coward and I'm all alone. I fucked over Frank, Carl's dead and I'm all alone. This is what I get for being
- (PANTING) A sausage. Sir? Sir, I'm sorry to wake you. I'm a fellow sausage in distress. My name's Barry, it's a pleasure to meet you. What's your name? (GROWLING) Oh, God! No, no, no! Aah! (G
- Home. Maybe this god can get me home. Hey, man, be careful with this. Bath salts are the real deal. People been seeing some crazy shit. Awesome. I can warn Frank. Here goes everything! (MUSIC)
- (GRUNTING) (ROCK MUSIC PLAYING)
- (LIVELY MUSIC PLAYING) (INDISTINCT CHATTER)
- We will tell stories of your idiocy. Stay safe. FRANK: Come on, guys, this affects all of us! Brenda! Sammy! Lavash! Taco Lady. I didn't get your name yet.
- ♪ And I would do anything for love ♪
- ♪ I'd run right into hell and back ♪
- ♪ I would do anything for love ♪ ♪ I'll never lie to you and that's a fact ♪ ♪ Ah, ah ♪ ♪ But I'll never forgive myself ♪ ♪ If we don't go all the way ♪ ♪ Tonight ♪ ♪ And I would do anything for
- ♪ No, I won't do that ♪ ♪ I would do anything for love ♪ ♪ Anything you've been dreaming of ♪ ♪ But I just won't do that ♪ ♪ I would do anything for love ♪ ♪ Anything you've been dreaming of ♪ ♪
- (DOG BARKING IN DISTANCE) What is this place? (MUSIC) (SCREAMS)
- (GROANS) DRUGGIE: Well, everybody told me not to do this. But fuck everybody. Because bath salts here I come! (MUSIC)
- Surf's up! Fuck me! Hee-hee-hee! (SCREAMS) (PANTING) (MOANING) Oh, my God. Ooh. - What's he doing to himself? - Oh, yeah. These bath salts are so good. Ooh.
- Oh, shit. (PANTING) (LAUGHING)
- Oh, it just got better! Bath salts must be kicking in. (LAUGHING)
- What the fuck? Uh... - Hello? - Aah! (BOTH SCREAMING)
- Hola, Teresa. Hola means "hello." - Oh. What's the word for "goodbye"? - Adiós. Exactly.
- Are you hearing me? Dude! It's me, Barry! What? What? What? Huh? Huh? Huh? (SIGHS) Oh. What the fuck is this doing here? Oh, yeah. Bath salts. Ha-ha-ha. I can't believe I was actually talking
- No! No! Oh, God! Ah! Put me down! No! Come on, put me down. Oh, God. Help me! Ah! (ROCK MUSIC PLAYING)
- (SCREAMS) Oh, no. It can't end like this. I have to warn Frank. No. No!
- FRANK: What the fuck is this place?
- (GROWLING NEARBY) (GASPS THEN GRUNTS)
- Fuck. No way. No. No. No, no, no.
- (SCREAMING) I gotta show them. They need to know how wrong they all are before it's too late!
- (YELLS) (EXCITED CHATTERING)
- Sammy, bubula, where have you been? Oh, I'm surprised that savage Lavash didn't stone you to death. You had to travel with a bagel? How much did his dirty hands steal from you? A ton. (ALL SHO
- LORETTA: What are you doing out of a package? It's almost Red, White and Blue Day. Hello. Well, you know, it's a long, pretty sad story, actually... ...and I'd rather not get into it right now.
- (BOTTLE SHATTERS) (GRUNTS) (LAUGHING) I'm fucking jacked up now, bro. (LAUGHING) Where's that fucking "sauzeech"? (MUSIC)
- Oh, no, no, no. Come on. Sing. - Do it. - No! Don't do it, Corn. - Come on, Larry. You can do it. - Start. Don't you dare fucking do it, Corn. Don't you fucking do it.
- ♪ Dear gods You're so divine in each and every way ♪ ♪ To you we pray ♪ Brenda! CABBAGE: ♪ Dear gods We pledge our love to you ♪ ♪ Forever more ♪ Brenda! You gotta get out of there! No! No, no
- No! Where is she? Shit! (SOBBING)
- Goddamn it. I blew it. (MUSIC) MALE VOICE: Hey. Doesn't mean it's too late to redeem yourself. Take it from me... ...Barry. Barry? Is this real? You're alive! You bet your sweet butthole I am
- - BRENDA: Oh! - FRANK: Brenda! Brenda! Frank! Let's move, boys.
- Whew. Kind of stuffy in here, hey, girls? So I'm just gonna get out, get a little air for a second. - What's your problem? - Let go of me. First you smush Sally, and then you try to fuck up Red
- What the fuck? All right, who did it? Gary, did you just throw this fucking toothpick at me, man? Nothing happened. You said this would help us defeat them. Worked on the dude whose head we cho
- Whoa, God. What is happening?
- Oh, my God! (SCREAMING) There is no way this is gonna work. Have faith.
- (WOMAN SCREAMING) (IN DISTORTED VOICE) Frank! (IN DISTORTED VOICE) Brenda!
- (BRENDA SCREAMS) (GROANS) (MUSIC) (SCREAMING) Let go of me! Let go of me! Oh, God! Oh, God! - Stay away from my sausage, you skank! - Oh! (ALL GASPS) (MUSIC) (BOTH SIGHS) Frank. Brenda. Lo
- You see? There is hope! Oh, not this guy. No one asked for an encore, asshole. No, no, don't worry. I got it this time. This time it's gonna be good. Look, I'm sorry. I wasn't respectful of your
- Oh, my God! The sausage, he was right! They're evil! (PANTING) Oh, shit!
- (ALL GASPING) Nobody's gonna help us. Then this is it. At least we go out together. (MUSIC)
- - Aah... Ow! What the...? - You fuck with them... You fuck with us, bitch. Run, guys! We're out of ladles. GUM: Hop on, y'all.
- - Can't this thing go any faster? - Suck my pink cock. Come on, you candy asses. Join the fight!
- Hey, what do you think? Should we do it?
- Come on, guys. It's us or them. (YELLING)
- Yeah! We got him! (WHIMPERING) - You ready for this? - I don't know. It's better to die a free candy than to live in bondage. This is gonna hurt so fucking much. (YELLS) (GRUNTING)
- FRANK: Run, guys, run! Sergeant Pepper, cue the fruits! (SPEAKS IN SPANISH) Fruits are a go. Go, fruits! ♪ Jitterbug ♪ No. Get away from me, you fucking fruits! Yeah, that's it! Beat him like
- (WOMAN SCREAMING) (GROUP SCREAMS)
- FOOD ITEM: Get the Dark Lord! DARREN: Why do you keep calling me that?! Fuck. Come on. Come on. DOUCHE: Okay. Not exactly what I was looking for, but fuck it, you know. Hole's a hole, bro. Ha
- Left. Ha-ha-ha! Yeah! (ALL SCREAMING)
- Sausages and buns, let's party! (ALL YELLING) Yee-ha! Hyah! Hyah!
- Ah! Call 911! Ow! Aah! Huge mistake, bros. Aah! Wha...? Oh, no. Oh! - Brenda! - Ha-ha-ha.
- Ow! Aah! Frank! (BOTH GRUNTS) - Barry! - BARRY: Aah! (MUSIC) (SCREAMS) (PANTING)
- Oh, so now you're gonna come at me, bro? Oh, I'm coming at you. Yaah! Oh! (GRUNTING) Okay, we got him, easy now. Easy now. It's hard when your head's up my ass and you're yanking on the scrot.
- Matter cannot be created or destroyed, human. You have made a fatal error in judgment. Let me educate you.
- (YELLS) What's happening out there? Now! (ALL GRUNTING) COCONUT MILK: So long, asshole!
- (FIREWORKS WHISTLING THEN POPPING) (MUSIC) (ALL CHEERING)
- - Once you go taco, you never go "back-o." - Oh! (BRENDA MOANING) Jesus fucking Christ! Hey, fellas. You thinking what I'm thinking? Pretty fucking sure I am. Oh, shit. Now it's on. ♪ Just as
- (GRUNTING) - Oh! - Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I get by? (MUSIC) (FOOD ITEMS MOANING) Oh, wow. Yeah, I just came over here. I couldn't help but notice... ...you're a little smushed or something.
- What's the safety word? Molasses. Molasses. Oh, yeah. Fuck you!
- (GRUNTING) Yeah. That is all right. Want me to be a Hamburglar? Robble, robble. Robble, robble. BARRY: I'm filling you. I'm filling you. - I'm blowing my fucking load. Good God. - Oh. - Aah!
- Hello there, little sausage. You and your friends have accomplished the impossible. And for that, I give you mad props. But now that you have shattered one truth, it is time for you to learn...
- I have invented a Stargate device that will allow us to travel to their dimension. Fuck, yeah, he did. And it's dope. This guy's smart. I mean like, fuck-a-guy smart. Know what I'm saying? Yeah,
- (MUSIC) ♪ Jeremiah was a bull frog ♪ ♪ Was a good friend of mine ♪ ♪ I never understood A single word he said ♪ ♪ But I helped him drink his wine ♪ ♪ And he always had Some mighty fine wine ♪
- ♪ Dear gods ♪ ♪ You're so divine In each and every way ♪ ♪ To you we pray ♪ ♪ Dear gods ♪ ♪ We pledge our love To you forever more ♪ ♪ We always felt We had a special bond ♪ ♪ Take us to the
Mariachi Salsa - Alistair Abell
Berry Good Candies - Iris Apatow
Baby Carrot - Sugar Lyn Beard
Barry - Michael Cera
Apple - Ian James Corlett
Chunk Munchers Cereal - Michael Daingerfield
Italian Tomato - Brian Dobson
Queso - Michael Dobson
Druggie - James Franco
Firewater - Bill Hader
Beet - Ian Hanlin
Teresa - Salma Hayek
Popped Cherry Mixer - Maryke Hendrikse
Carl - Jonah Hill
Troy - Anders Holm
Douche - Nick Kroll
Lavash - David Krumholtz
Honey Mustard - Danny McBride
Camille Toh - Lauren Miller Rogen
Sammy - Edward Norton
Sally Bun - Nicole Oliver
Grits - Craig Robinson
Frank - Seth Rogen
Darren - Paul Rudd
Roberta Bun - Kelly Sheridan
Plum #2 - Jason Simpson
Potato - Greg Tiernan
Pislitz Chips - Vincent Tong
Gum - Scott Underwood
Toilet Paper - Conrad Vernon
Old Pork Sausage - Sam Vincent
Brenda - Kristen Wiig
Ketchup - Harland Williams