When drug violence worsens on the USA Mexico border, the FBI sends an idealistic agent, Kate Macer (Emily Blunt) on a mission to eradicate a drug cartel responsible for a bomb that had killed members of her team.
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Writer: Taylor Sheridan
Released: 02 Oct 2015
Awards: Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 15 wins & 150 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
You're asking me how a watch works
Nothing will make sense to your American...
You should move to a small town
Go ahead and finish your meal
Who do you think we learned from
Providing a measure of order that we...
Not in front of my boys
You look like a little girl when you're...
Advisors like Matt come in
Don't ever point a gun at me again
I just tried to have sex with my hitman
What am I doing here
You used me as bait
Are we going to Tucson
You saw things you shouldn't have seen
You know what the beauty is of you being...
Every day across that border
Welcome to Juarez
What's our objective
- (WOMAN SPEAKING SPANISH ON TV)
- (GUNSHOTS) - SWAT 1: Get down! Get down! - (ALL YELLING) SWAT 2: Don't move! FBI! Don't move!
- Get down! Get down! SWAT 3: Where are the hostages? Where are the hostages? SWAT 4: FBI, Police! Don't move! SWAT 3: Down! Stay down! SWAT 2: Cross your legs! Cross your legs and put your hands
- MAN: Are you hit? I'm good. Fuck! SWAT 2: Front room, clear! KATE: Team leader! Status? SWAT 6: Front clear! LEADER: We're clear, ma'am! Two suspects in custody!
- - REGGIE: You okay, Macer? - Yeah. Why'd he shoot? There's no one here. REGGIE: Whoa.
- Those weren't our hostages. No. That was something else. - LEADER: Macer? - Yeah? U.S. Attorney wants a statement. What do you want me to say to her? The truth.
- How many total? We've got 15 in this hall here, about 20 in the back bedroom. We haven't even checked the attic or under the crawl space. Call DOJ, let 'em know what we have.
- This one of the houses owned by Manuel Diaz? No way to connect him, but he owns it.
- OFFICER: Vickers! I need bolt cutters! (DOG PANTING)
- Vickers! JENNINGS: PD found something.
- - (SHOWER RUNNING) - (GROANS)
- MALE NEWS REPORTER: Such a heavy body count this close to Phoenix is without a doubt a major escalation for the cartels. There will be pressure in Washington to explain how such a dramatic outrag
- REGGIE: What's goin' on? I have no idea. JENNINGS: She's been leading our kidnap response team for three years. Put her through the grinder since she got here, and she hasn't blinked. She's in t
- We did this by the book, right? Come on, of course.
- - Jesus. - What? Oh, shit. Would you step in here, Kate?
- Quite a find today, the loss of two officers notwithstanding. Yes, sir. How familiar are you with Manuel Diaz's operation? His company, Sun Oasis, has 80 or so foreclosure properties. He has ot
- Am I married? Do you have a husband?
- No. Thanks, Kate. If you could wait outside, please.
- (SIGHS) - Well? - I have no clue.
- REGGIE: Who are those people? You know?
- (DOOR OPENS) BURNETT: Thanks for coming in, guys.
- PHIL: (CLEARS THROAT) Will you come back in, Kate?
- DOJ wants advisors that focus on cartels involved in pursuing Mr. Diaz. This is Matt Graver. He'll be leading the team. KATE: Isn't this Phoenix homicide now? No, we're expanding the scope of th
- Where is he? Uh, he's in the El Paso area.
- Kate, you must volunteer for an inter-agency task force. Think very hard before you respond. You wanna be a part of this?
- Do we get an opportunity at the men responsible for today?
- The men who were really responsible for today, yeah.
- Hmm. (BOTH SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (SPEAKING SPANISH) (SIZZLING)
- REGGIE: You keep an eye on that doughy prick - with the flip-flops. - (SCOFFS) Don't trust him.
- She's on the list, but you're not. Well, what's she supposed to do? I need you to turn this around for me. It's fine. It's good. I'll call you when we're headed back. - All right. - (CAR DOOR CL
- - Morning. - Morning. Am I late? No, no, no. We just landed. Come on, this way. My bird dog over there, Alejandro.
- Are we taking this? Yeah. Only the best for you.
- (SIGHS) DOD flies you around in private jets now? Yeah. You guys don't have one of these? Right.
- Is there any food on this flight? Uh, there's some bitchin' peanuts in the back. But it's kind of a self-serve deal.
- (DOOR CLOSES) KATE: Kate Macer. Have you been to Juárez before? Uh... No, I... We're goin' to El Paso, right? (GROGGILY) Yeah, amazing. Okay.
- So, um... So this is your specialty? Hmm? The cartels in Mexico are your specialty? Yeah. Yeah.
- Is there anything I should know?
- Uh, you're asking me how a watch works.
- For now, let's just keep an eye on the time.
- How you doin'? STEVE: Howdy! How you been? MATT: Good, buddy. How you feelin'? Well, when I pee, it burns. MATT: Maybe it's gonorrhea. What color is it? STEVE: Yellow with red specks. MATT: Red
- MATT: I'm tryin' to get DOD to let me look into this conspiracy to sink Fiji. STEVE: Fiji? MATT: Yeah. STEVE: Leave Fiji alone, terrorists! MATT: Yeah. Exactly. I figure a month or two over ther
- MAN: Mexican Federal Police will meet you at the border and proceed with you to the courthouse, located here.
- The most likely spots for an attempt will be at the exchange and at the border crossing on the return. The Marshals will enter... Kevin, Keith, you wanna stand up?
- The op isn't over until we get back here. Okay? Be alert. Be vigilant. And be aware. Let's go. What?
- KEITH: Hey! I thought you were in prison. - RANGER: They took me out. - (LAUGHS) RANGER: They needed somebody for this job. KEITH: For good behavior or bad behavior?
- Have you ever been over there?
- For who? For Mexico. I was a prosecutor.
- You're not American? Who do you work for now?
- Oh, I go where I'm sent. Where were you sent from? Cartagena.
- Listen... Nothing will make sense to your American ears.
- And you will doubt everything that we do.
- But in the end, you will understand.
- Here, try this on. See if it fits. Is he CIA? Are you?
- He's a DOD advisor, just like me. No, he's not. Just pay attention to Alejandro and if he says to do somethin', just do it. I'm not authorized to follow orders from Alejandro! Especially in Mexi
- But you don't want to, do you? I just wanna know what I'm getting into.
- Kate, you volunteered to get on this train because you know you're doing nothing in Phoenix. Yeah, you're just sweeping up a fucking mess. In six months, every single house you raid will be rigg
- This is where we start. Try it on.
- STEVE: There she is. The beast. Juárez.
- You know, 1900s, President Taft went to visit President Diaz. Took 4,000 men with him. And it almost was called off. Some guy had a pistol. Was gonna walk right up to Taft and just blow his bra
- Welcome to Juárez. (INDISTINCT SHOUTING)
- When they mutilate a body like that, they make people think they must have been involved, they must have deserved such a death 'cause they did something. Oh, it's brilliant what they do. (BRAKES
- (DISTANT YELLING IN SPANISH) (GUNFIRE CONTINUES)
- STEVE: You hear that? (GUNFIRE CONTINUES) Those aren't firecrackers.
- MATT ON RADIO: Mexicans are adjusting our route. There's activity ahead, we need to go around. Everyone hold on.
- (CARS HONKING) (SIREN WAILING)
- Nothing will happen here. They try anything, it will be at the border.
- Keep an eye out for the State Police.
- They're not always the good guys.
- Spotter vehicle, left lane. Left lane! MAN 1 ON RADIO: Spotter vehicle, nine o'clock. STEVE: I'm gettin' a boner. MAN 1: Is that one of ours? Watch the right, watch the right. MATT: No, that's a
- MAN 2: Nothing. Rooftops clear. PILOT ON RADIO: Bridge is one klick out. Road is clear. Hotfoot it, gentlemen. (CAR HONKING)
- MATT: Everyone stay in this lane. Our agents at the border are waving traffic through to get us over as quickly as they can.
- MAN 2: Okay, it's a fuck-up. What are we gonna do now?
- (HELICOPTER HOVERING) PILOT: Here's the deal, a car broke down up ahead. It's being sorted out, but it's gonna take a while. Stand by.
- Red Impala, two lanes over, on my ten. Copy that. Red Impala, two lanes left. MAN 1: Roger that.
- Three lanes left. Seven o'clock. Green Civic.
- ALEJANDRO: Gun. Gun. Gun left! MATT: What are the rules here? MAN 1: We must be engaged to engage. MAN 2: Permission to get out of the vehicle and set a perimeter? MAN 1: Stay in your vehicle.
- MAN 2: Get ready. They can see our lane clearing. If it's coming, it's coming now.
- MAN 1: Move! KATE: Wait, wait, wait. Get outta the car. (CAR DOOR CLOSES) Jesus Christ!
- DELTA LEADER: Don't move! Cálmate! No, no, no, no! (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- Fuck! DELTA 1: Lane's clear! The lane's clear! DELTA LEADER: Don't look at me! Put your hands behind your head! Go! Hands behind your head! DELTA 2: All clear! DELTA 3: I got this! Go, go, go!
- DELTA LEADER: Move, move, move! MAN 2 ON RADIO: This is gonna be on the front page of every newspaper in America. STEVE: (CHUCKLES) No, it won't. It won't even make the papers in El Paso.
- (POLICE OFFICER SPEAKING SPANISH)
- MATT: Got a little nutty, huh? KATE: Nutty? Yeah. Yeah, that was fucking illegal. You wanna start a war? You're a fucking spook! And him! I mean, who the fuck is that? Told you, you could stay h
- In the meantime, just sponge everything up you see. Learn! That's why you're here.
- You're giving him a belly full of water, you devil.
- You didn't think we'd get you here, did you? No hablo Inglés. MATT: No hablo Inglés?
- I love it when they no hablo Inglés.
- You know, I brought an old buddy of yours. I bet you hablo to him. Yeah.
- RAFAEL: I didn't know ghosts got thirsty.
- I know someone kept him alive for us.
- I doubt it was easy. What's easy these days? I'm sorry about what happened on the return. I control only what I can. (SPEAKING SPANISH) (IN ENGLISH) It's not your fault. (BOTH SPEAKING SPANISH)
- Sí. There's rumors of a tunnel. Fausto's main road into Arizona. If you're doing what I think you're doing, that's the best place to cross. If you can find it. But time is against you. In three
- it's easier to say you didn't see anything.
- (MATT WHISTLING PATRIOTIC TUNE)
- (CONTINUES WHISTLING) (DOOR OPENS)
- Aw, Alejandro, I think he remembers you.
- STEVE: I'm gonna step out. Timmy.
- (DOOR CLOSES) (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (GUILLERMO SPEAKING SPANISH) (BANGS) (GRUNTS)
- What do you keep lookin' at me for? No hablo Inglés, remember?
- GUILLERMO: No, no. (GRUNTS) - (BANGING) - (GUILLERMO GROANS) (BANGING CONTINUES) (GRUNTING) (EXHALES DEEPLY)
- Can I have one of those? Thank you.
- - You like fireworks? - Huh? Wanna see something cool? Come on.
- (DISTANT POPPING) Here we go.
- KATE: Unbelievable. MAN: That's what happens when you chop the head off a chicken. - KATE: Yeah. - (SIRENS WAILING) I can see.
- (GATE CLANKING) MATT: Can you get 'em all in one place? We just landed back in Phoenix. I'm on a clock, I can't wait. All right, look, contact Bob Fisks. Have him hold 'em in the staging area. Y
- KATE: Are we going to Tucson? Yeah, you gotta learn how to sleep on a plane. They let me on the base when you need a ride, don't they? You okay? - She's fine. - REGGIE: I didn't ask you. And y
- (WHISPERS) Kate, who's that? We're goin' to Tucson.
- BOB: What's the deal, Matt? Why you holdin' up my transport? MATT: Don't worry, Bob. We'll be quick. How's the auditor gonna react to an $8,000 check to fuckin' Domino's Pizza? Don't be so dramat
- Finish it before you get up there. No problem.
- Hey, Kate. Tell me what happened in El Paso. We weren't in El Paso. We were in Mexico.
- BOB: I guess we're not following any procedures. What do you wanna do? We want to talk to the people caught around the Nogales area.
- This group here. And that group. Okay. They stay and the rest can go. BOB: Josef! (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- BOB: On the bus. Ándale. (JOSEF SPEAKING SPANISH) (INDISTINCT CHATTER)
- - MAN 1: In Arizona. - Arizona.
- - MAN 1: Arizona. - Arizona...
- Talk to me. What are we doing? I don't have any answers for you. Let's get some, then. Do you think I haven't asked these questions? Do you think you can do better? - Yeah. - Go ahead. Matt, c
- What's up? Everything okay? You look very serious. There's "in the dark" and there's the way you're treating us. I want to know the objective or I walk, period. Then go. I didn't ask you to be
- - MATT: What do you wanna know? - Everything. Fuckin' lawyers. All right.
- told us about a tunnel east of Nogales, near Sasabe. Now we're tryin' to find out what areas near there migrants avoid so we can find the tunnel.
- That better? REGGIE: And Guillermo is... Guillermo, he just told you where the drug tunnel is? He just told you? Guillermo didn't have any other options. We send him back across the border, he'
- We are gonna make enough noise that Manuel Diaz is called back to Mexico to see his boss. That's the truth. REGGIE: And then? And then we know where his boss is.
- His name is Fausto Alarcon. El Verdugo.
- Every day across that border, people are kidnapped or killed by his hand or with his blessing.
- To find him would be like discovering a vaccine.
- You understand the value of that.
- All right, we're good. Just don't keep us in the dark. Great! You afraid of the dark?
- MATT: Hey! It's been a humdinger of a day. Go home. Get some rest. We'll find our own ride. We'll see you tomorrow! I just drove a hundred fucking miles. KATE: It's a fucking blessing, trust me.
- Gotta get you a new bra, woman. (KATE CHUCKLES) The list of things I need. I'm just saying, you know. Some nice lacy somethin'. It's been a while since someone's seen me in a bra, except you.
- Oh, God, don't look at me like that. I don't want your pity. How was seeing Evan the other day? I don't know... - Miss him? - Ask me something else.
- You know, I used to see guys like Matt in Iraq. Gotta be careful around these people. CIA's not supposed to work this side of the fence. KATE: He's a DOD advisor. You really believe that?
- You need somebody watching your six, 'cause I promise you they aren't. You know, we're not even scratching the surface doing what we're doing. And they are. Mmm. Well, you sure picked the mothe
- (ALEJANDRO SPEAKING SPANISH) (DOOR CLOSES) (BOTH SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (SPEAKING SPANISH) This is our spot. - ALL: No way! No, no. - (MAN LAUGHING) (MAN 1 SPEAKING SPANISH)
- - Are you getting this? - Mmm-hmm. (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- Sí. (INDISTINCT TALKING) ALEJANDRO: That's our way across. So Guillermo was tellin' the truth.
- Hey, Kate. Got any friends at Phoenix SWAT? Uh, yeah, we use them in breaches all the time. Good, 'cause we're gonna need their help. What for? We are gonna fuck with Manuel Diaz's wallet.
- (MATT CLEARS THROAT) (WHISTLING TUNE)
- MATT: This is our Smurf, guys. Blonde hair, white purse.
- - You know the Heimlich? - JESSIE: Oh, yeah. She tries to eat that deposit receipt, you Heimlich it right out of her, hear me? Copy that. (MATT EXHALES)
- There she goes. All right, go get 'em, tiger. Take 'em.
- Get down! JESSIE: Hold still! Hold still!
- - (GRUNTS) - Whoa! You want bank computers for evidence? No, no. Just the money. But freeze all his accounts, everything. Even if his dog opened an account, I want you to freeze it.
- - What you got? - (CLATTERS)
- Got a mobile money launderer.
- Pack it up. (GRUNTS) Come on. Come on!
- You coming? No, don't go in the bank. This is something we can actually build a case on. Don't go in the bank, Kate! There you go, and she's goin' in the bank.
- KATE: These are all Manuel Diaz's accounts? MAN: Yeah. Cash deposits made daily in $9,000 increments. - So, it doesn't have to be reported. - That's right. And you can seize those? I already ha
- MAN: Oh, damn, that's smart. KATE: What? This is a bank line of credit. See, you make payments over what you owe and it doesn't show up as cash, it shows up as a negative loan balance. It's neve
- They just seized $17 million. - It's a bogus bust, Kate. - What? You can't prosecute it. No one controls who deposits money in an account. An attorney will have that money back in a few months,
- Wait a minute. (CHILDREN EXCLAIMING) (INAUDIBLE)
- $9,000 is deposited into this account every day, in cash, for five years. It's not illegal. It's suspect, but it isn't illegal. I think the IRS might think it's illegal. What do you want, Kate?
- JENNINGS: Do you? No, sir, I don't.
- Advisors like Matt come in, they stir the pot, they cause the criminals to react and make mistakes. That's how we build cases against the individuals that actually make a difference in this fig
- So if your fear is operating out of bounds, I am telling you, you are not. The boundary's been moved.
- I need a fucking drink. - Where you wanna go? - Anywhere.
- I'm gonna go get a table. - I guess it's on me. - Thanks.
- - BARTENDER: What'll it be? - Two beers.
- Ted, he's a good guy. KATE: Mmm-hmm. Divorced.
- (ALL LAUGHING) (INDISTINCT CONVERSATION)
- (UPBEAT COUNTRY SONG PLAYING) (CROWD WHOOPING) (WOMAN EXCLAIMING) (MAN LAUGHING)
- Just give me one second, I'll be right with you. (BOTH LAUGHING)
- Just wait, wait, wait a second... What, what, what? Is that too much? Just wait one minute. I just need a second. All right. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
- Hey, Kate? Hey! Hey, come here, stop, stop, talk to me. Just talk to me. Okay? Relax. Okay? Just take it... Whoa, shit! Kate... What is it? What? Stop. Stop. Stop. Shit, what the fuck is wrong
- - Don't... - What the fuck are you... (GROANS) Goddamn! (KATE GRUNTING) You fuckin' try to shoot me? You fuckin' crazy?
- (GRUNTS) TED: Fuck that... Damn it, Kate! Just fucking stop!
- Stop, bitch! Stop! Fuck! Fuckin' stop!
- This is you, you hear me? You did this. You did this.
- You used me as bait. Nah, you used yourself as bait. I told you not to go in the bank.
- You brought him back here, though. That was smart. Yeah. Love how we're gonna pretend like I planned this. Why don't you just write that in your report. Come on! This is good news! They're gonn
- I thought he was a friend. KATE: I know.
- - Want me to stay tonight? - No. I'm good. - You sure? - I'm good.
- TED: How y'all want me to talk to you when you keep fuckin' hittin' me? How many other corrupt motherfuckers are you workin' with on this side of the border? All right. Look...
- It's exactly what I told you, all right? They just...
- They came to me and they wanted details about our case and, yes, I did it. I gave it to them, but I never wanted anybody to get hurt. I would never gotten involved with them pieces of shit if I
- MATT: "Okay, okay, okay," is not what we're lookin' for, Ted.
- You know what the beauty is of you being so beat to a pulp? 'Cause no one's gonna notice a few more scratches. This is a new deal, Ted. (PANTING) I'm the one who decides whether your daughter'l
- I decide whether you go to prison in a work camp in Missouri, or a kill house like Corcoran. All right. This is where you negotiate how to survive, my friend. (SIGHS) Okay. Look...
- (STAMMERS) I feel like this whole thing's just gotten away from me... I fucked up. Okay, I fucked up and I'm in over my fuckin' head right now. I'm sorry... Ahh! Fuck! Get it out! Get it the fuc
- Fuck! Get it the fuck out! Get it out! Motherfucker! And fuck you! Fuck!
- How many officers do they have working on the force?
- I'll tell you everything you wanna know. You just gotta promise me that my daughter's gonna be safe, okay? You make me that promise. You want the truth? Please.
- Give me all the names of all the motherfuckers they got working on the force. TED: Okay, okay... - All right? - Okay... Okay. So which phone do we start with? It's in that one. It's that shitty
- - Better. - Uh-huh. Well, you should've shot him.
- I just tried to have sex with my hitman. Nah. He's no assassin. He just wanted to know what you know. They're after us, not you.
- (CHUCKLES) You remind me of someone very special to me.
- Hmm. Get some rest. Tomorrow they'll call Manuel Diaz back to Mexico and we'll cut a leg from them.
- MAN 1 ON RADIO: Hello, sixty. (INDISTINCT RADIO CHATTER)
- MAN 2 ON RADIO: We have eyes on the objective. Can we get a closer visual?
- Ten meters going down east of the ridge.
- - Football? - Sí, Papa. (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (INDISTINCT NOISES ON TV) Come on in. Tasty beverage? (TURNS OFF TV) Okay, boys.
- This looks like confirmation.
- - I need to fit your guy with a locator. - Yeah, do it. REGGIE: Those are Special Ops. Are we going in on this? Nah. You guys aren't really dressed for it. Well, you didn't fuckin' tell us. Yea
- I told you you'd be useful. So that's it. That's why I'm here.
- MATT: Yeah, that's it. That's why you're here. Hey, we find any drugs, you guys get to confiscate 'em. It's gonna be a big day.
- - Front and back. - Kate. Kate, come on. Fuck these people, man. They've been using us from the beginning. We don't have to do this. I need to know what they used us for. - Doesn't matter what!
- MAN ON RADIO: Black Mercedes... Plate number, Romeo-India-November three-one-Bravo-seven. Heading south by southeast.
- - Okay. - (CELL PHONE BEEPS) We gotta hit the tunnel the minute we get on the ground. Pretty exciting, huh?
- MATT: What is target's location? MAN ON RADIO: 14 miles south of Nogales heading west, rapidly.
- Keep your fuckin' safeties on, barrels pointed down. Stay in the back. Don't shoot anyone on my fuckin' team. Right?
- Thermal camera, check. Night vision goggles, check. DELTA 1: Get those guys. DELTA LEADER: Wanna take Alpha squad, I'll take B squad? - You got it. Let's do it. - DELTA LEADER: Let's go, boys.
- DELTA LEADER: Control, you copy? MAN ON RADIO: Roger, Alpha. We read.
- MAN ON RADIO: Fifty meters. Your three o'clock, Alpha.
- DELTA LEADER ON RADIO: Stand by. Getting close to objective.
- MAN ON RADIO: Alpha, Bravo, be advised. 12 meters straight ahead.
- MATT: All right, we need to boogie and we need to do it quiet till we find the center. ALEJANDRO: Draw the fighters to you and make some noise. Don't follow me. I'll be fine. DELTA LEADER: What
- DELTA LEADER: Weapons free, boys. MATT: Good luck.
- (INDISTINCT SHOUTING) - (KNIFE SLASHING) - (MAN GROANING)
- - (INDISTINCT SHOUTING) - (GUNS FIRING)
- - You okay? - My gun! Leave it. Stay on my six. (GUNS FIRING CONTINUE)
- (SILVIO SPEAKING SPANISH) (SPEAKING SPANISH) (ECHOING GUNFIRE)
- (GUNSHOT) (SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (GUN CLATTERS) (SPEAKING SPANISH) (IN ENGLISH) Freeze!
- Step away from him. ALEJANDRO: Put that down. I mean it! Move away from him right now!
- (GASPING) Don't ever point a weapon at me again. (GASPS) Catch your breath. Then get back up there.
- (CAR DOOR CLOSES) (ENGINE STARTS) (TIRES SCREECHING)
- I am through. Do you have my location? MAN ON RADIO: Roger, we have you. Target is east and north of you. Looks like Highway 56 to 17. Will intercept him if he stays on 17. Go east on 56 off High
- MATT: Is he through yet? MAN ON RADIO: We have joy. GPS is transmitting. Audio is transmitting. Should intercept in 20.
- MATT: That was a clean, clean fucking op, my friend. DELTA LEADER: Except for these two assholes. Well, you're better overseas. You don't have to babysit. Where's Kate? I thought she was with y
- (GRUNTS) MATT: Hey! - DELTA 1: Whoa, whoa! - (GRUNTS)
- (GROANS) Just lay back, baby. Let it happen.
- Stop. Stop moving. (GRUNTS) Get off me! Stop moving! Stop! (PANTING)
- Stop it. Just relax. Just relax.
- All right? You gonna stay there? Are you gonna stay there?
- You went up the wrong tunnel.
- You saw things you shouldn't have seen.
- What is Medellín? MATT: Medellín?
- when one group controlled every aspect of the drug trade, providing a measure of order that we could control.
- And until somebody finds a way to convince 20% of the population to stop snorting and smoking that shit,
- Order's the best we can hope for.
- And what you saw up there was Alejandro working toward returning that order.
- KATE: Alejandro works for the fucking Colombian Cartel.
- He works for the competition. Alejandro works for anyone who will point him toward the people who made him.
- Anyone who will turn him loose. So he can get the person that cut off his wife's head,
- and threw his daughter into a vat of acid.
- That's what we're dealing with.
- I'm sure as shit not the person you're gonna hide it all behind. You need to just take a breath. I'm gonna fuckin' talk. - No, you're not. - Yeah.
- I'm gonna tell everyone what you did.
- That would be a major mistake.
- Is that the target up ahead? Confirm.
- MAN ON RADIO: Roger that. Black Mercedes, 60 meters ahead.
- (SPEAKING SPANISH) (ALEJANDRO SPEAKING)
- (ALEJANDRO SPEAKING) (SILVIO SPEAKING)
- - (GUNSHOTS) - Ah! (MANUEL GROANING) (ALEJANDRO SPEAKING) (MANUEL SPEAKING)
- (MANUEL SPEAKING SPANISH) (GUARD SPEAKING SPANISH)
- (IN ENGLISH) What happens when we get to the house? You'll stop the car, I'll get out.
- (SILENCED GUNSHOTS) (BULLET SHELLS CLATTERING)
- (IN ENGLISH) Every night you have families killed.
- Tonight should be no different.
- Do you think the people that sent you here are any different?
- Who do you think we learned it from?
- (SCOFFS) The grieving lawyer.
- Your wife, you think she'd be proud of what you've become?
- Don't forget about my daughter.
- (IN ENGLISH) Not in front of my boys. (SOBBING)
- - (GUNSHOTS) - (CLATTERING) (BODIES THUD)
- (IN ENGLISH) Go ahead and finish your meal.
- ALEJANDRO: I would recommend not standing on balconies for a while, Kate.
- You look like a little girl when you're scared.
- You remind me of the daughter they took away from me.
- I need you to sign this piece of paper.
- It basically says that everything we did
- It's okay. - (SOBS) - It's all right. I can't sign that.
- You would be committing suicide, Kate.
- You should move to a small town,
- where the rule of law still exists.
- - You will not survive here. - (CLATTERS)
- You are not a wolf. And this is the land of wolves now.
- (WHISTLE BLOWS) (PEOPLE EXCLAIMING) (CHEERING IN SPANISH)
Kate Macer - Emily Blunt
Alejandro - Benicio Del Toro
Matt Graver - Josh Brolin
Dave Jennings - Victor Garber
Ted - Jon Bernthal
Reggie Wayne - Daniel Kaluuya
Steve Forsing - Jeffrey Donovan
Rafael (as Raoul Trujillo) - Raoul Max Trujillo
Fausto Alarcon - Julio Cesar Cedillo
Phil Coopers - Hank Rogerson
Manuel Diaz - Bernardo Saracino
Silvio (as Maximiliano Hernandez) - Maximiliano Hernández
Burnett - Kevin Wiggins
Guillermo - Edgar Arreola
Silvio's Wife - Kim Larrichio
Eliseo - Jesus Nevarez-Castillo
Delta Leader - Dylan Kenin
Delta #2 - John Trejo
SWAT Officer - Marty Lindsey
Coroner (Phoenix) - Alex Knight
Phoenix Cop - Rio Alexander
Air Force MP - Eric Steinig
AIC Guard (as Michael David Aragon) - Michael-David Aragon
US Marshal - Vic Browder
US Marshal Keith - Boots Southerland
US Marshal Kevin - Adam Taylor
Bob Fisks - David Garver
Migrant #1 - Jesse Ramirez
Migrant #2 - James Espinoza
Migrant #3 - Arrazolo
Migrant #4 - Tomas Martinez
Migrant #5 (as Alejandro Rodriguez) - Alejandro S. Rodriguez
Migrant #6 - Jorge Rocha Fuentez
Migrant #7 - Johnny Palomarez Jr.
Bank Manager - Eb Lottimer
Jessie Garza (as Matt Tompkins) - Matthew Tompkins
Treasury Agent - Michael Sheets
Reggie's Dance Partner - Sarah Minnich
Operator - Matthew Page
Jacinta - Lora Martinez-Cunningham
Fausto's Son #1 - Julian Ortega
Fausto's Son #2 - Ian Posada
Border Bandit #1 - Antonio Leyba
Border Bandit #2 - Frank Andrade
Border Bandit #3 - Juan Carlos Mora
Border Bandit #4 - Jesus Mayorga
Homeland Security Officer - Joseph P. Santillanes
DEA Agent (Motel Room) - Basil Iwanyk Sr.
News Anchor (as Ivan Allen Ransopher) - Ivan Allen
Chandler News Reporter - John Burke
DEA Agent - Rick Anglada
Army Soldier - Brian Barela
US Marshall - Will D. Barnes III
Military solider - Derek Blakeney
AIC Guard - Edward Butron
Driver at Border Crossing - Kevin Capeless
Driver / Event Attendee - Paul Caster
Alex Driver - Laurence Scott Devereux
Military police - Jetto Dorsainville
Soldier - Tait Fletcher
Soccer kid - Marcus Flores-Sedillo
Immigrant - Steffen Garcia
Police Officer - Susie Gillespie
Immigrant - Andrea Good
Police Officer - Alan Humphrey
Homeland Security Agent - Chadwick Johnson
Border Crossing - Rodger Larance
Soldier - Kearon Lehman
Delta - Mitch Long
Immigrant - Celine R. Lopez
Bar Patron / American Traveler - Beth Lucero
Driver in Pickup - Jameson Macmillan
Waitress - Trista Marchetto
Immigrant - Jose B. Martinez
Immigrant - Cesar Miramontes
Immigrant - Patrick V. Murphy
Border car driver - Jyl Murray
Homeland Security Official - Johan Nussbaumer
Tunnel Bandit - Larry Nuñez
SWAT Officer - Johnny Otto
Border Patrol - Fred Padilla
Border Bandit - Eddie Perez
Border Patrol - Edsel Pete
DEA Agent - Frank Powers
Helocopter pilot - Alan D. Purwin
Soldier - Gonzalo Robles
Driver / soccer dad - Jason A. Sedillo
Soldier - Jack T. Silliman
American Tourist at Border - J. Nathan Simmons
Delta - Cannon Smith
Delta Driver #1 - Mark Stefanich
Driver at Border Crossing - Michael E. Stogner
Senator - Michael Anthony Stone
Gangster / drug smuggler - Cheo Tapia
Soccer Kid - Nathan Torres
ICE Agent - Rafael Torrez
Immigrant Woman - Kaelee Vigil
Border Patrol - Dylan B. Warren
Pickup Driver - Jeff Wilson
Border Crossing Driver - Julian Wondolowski