The Greatest Showman
Orphaned, penniless but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American Phineas Taylor Barnum will always be remembered as the man with the gift to effortlessly blur the line between reality and fiction. Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor will manage to open a wax museum but will soon shift focus to the unique and peculiar, introducing extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Some will call Barnum's wide collection of oddities, a freak show; however, when the obsessed showman gambles everything on the opera singer Jenny Lind to appeal to a high-brow audience, he will somehow lose sight of the most important aspect of his life: his family. Will Barnum risk it all to be accepted?
Director: Michael Gracey
Writer: Jenny Bicks (screenplay by), Bill Condon (screenplay by), Jenny Bicks (story by)
Production: 20th Century Fox
Released: 20 Dec 2017
Awards: Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 7 wins & 19 nominations.
Movie Video Clips
You don't need everyone to love you
When the sharpest words wanna cut me...
You don't get it
You clearly have a flair for show...
Ladies and gents
They don't know it yet
At your service
You know I want you
Everyone's got an act
This is for you
I never liked your show
You are the American
Do these smiles seem fake
We don't need a building
My father was treated like dirt
I can't fool the bank into loaning me...
Nothing draws a crowd quite like a crowd
They're small minded people
This is bad
Have you no shame
You warned me
How did you get out
They come to see you
Hyperbole isn't the worst crime
Who's that young man over there
This is the life I promised you
The money's gone
That's because she orchestrated the...
- Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com
- I understand, yes. Thank you so much, Mr. Jeffries. Thank you. You'll have the money by the end of the day.
- (door closes) Let's go. (train whistle blares) Phineas, hurry up. We're gonna miss the train.
- WOMAN: Pinkie up. (cup clinks) Arm extended, elbow out.
- Pinkie in the air, arm extended... elbow out. Keep your cup level. Gently lower your cup. Shall we do it again? Pinkie in the air... arm extended, elbow out. Gracefully.
- (spits, laughs) (laughs) Charity, come here.
- Your dress. Is this how we've taught you to behave?
- I made her laugh. Well, thank you for your honesty.
- - (grunts) - (gasps) Stay away from my daughter.
- (sighs) How'd you get out? The window.
- Father is sending me to finishing school. I don't know what my future will be.
- ♪ I close my eyes and I can see ♪ ♪ A world that's waiting up for me ♪ ♪ That I call my own ♪
- ♪ Through the dark, through the door ♪ ♪ Through where no one's been before ♪ ♪ But it feels like home ♪
- ♪ They can say, they can say ♪ ♪ It all sounds crazy ♪ ♪ They can say, they can say I've lost my mind ♪
- ♪ I don't care, I don't care ♪ - ♪ So call me crazy ♪ - (giggles) ♪ We can live in a world that we design ♪
- ♪ 'Cause ev'ry night I lie in bed ♪ ♪ The brightest colors fill my head ♪ ♪ A million dreams ♪ - (screams) - ♪ Are keepin' me awake ♪ ♪ I think of what the world could be ♪ ♪ A vision of the one
- ♪ They can say, they can say ♪ ♪ It all sounds crazy ♪ ♪ They can say, they can say ♪ - Enough! - ♪ We've lost our minds ♪ PHINEAS: Charity!
- ♪ I don't care, I don't care ♪ ♪ If they call us crazy ♪ ♪ Run away to a world that we design ♪ ♪ 'Cause ev'ry night I lie in bed ♪ ♪ The brightest colors fill my head ♪ ♪ A million dreams are ke
- Newspapers! Amazing stories from around the world! ♪ A million dreams are keepin' me ♪ ♪ Awake ♪ ♪ I think of what the world could be ♪ CHARITY: ♪ A vision of the one I see ♪ ♪ A million dreams
- MAN: Come! Join the Great American Railroad! Three meals a day. Roof over your head. Fair and ample wages. Come, make your fortune! See the open plains of America! Opportunity awaits you, sir,
- Sir, I... I know I don't come from much, but...
- I will take care of your daughter and I will give her a life as grand as this one.
- CHARITY: Bye, Mother. She'll be back. Sooner or later, she'll tire of your life... of having nothing, and she'll come running back home. (both laughing)
- ♪ Ev'ry night I lie in bed ♪ ♪ The brightest colors fill my head ♪ ♪ A million dreams are keepin' me awake ♪ ♪ I think of what the world could be ♪ ♪ A vision of the one I see ♪ ♪ A million dream
- ♪ However big, however small ♪ ♪ Let me be a part of it all ♪ ♪ Share your dreams with me ♪
- ♪ You may be right, you may be wrong ♪ ♪ But say that you'll bring me along ♪ ♪ To the world you see ♪ BOTH: ♪ To the world I close my eyes to see ♪ ♪ I close my eyes to see ♪
- ♪ Cause ev'ry night I lie in bed ♪ ♪ The brightest colors fill my head ♪ ♪ A million dreams are keepin' me awake ♪ ♪ A million dreams, a million dreams ♪ BOTH: ♪ I think of what the world could b
- ♪ For the world we're gonna make ♪
- - CHALMERS: Mr. Smith? - SMITH: Yes. - CHALMERS: Have a look at this. - SMITH: Of course. (typing and clacking)
- (typing and clacking continues)
- SMITH: Yes, yes, I see it. Thank you, Chalmers, that'll do. Sir, Phineas Taylor Barnum. Uh, if I may, sir, I believe I have skills and ideas that go well beyond punching numbers into an adding
- (imitating gunfire) (squealing, giggling) - Tag, you're it! - Oh, you're in for it! - Hey. - Oh, God! You're home early. And until further notice.
- Well, I didn't think you were long for that job. Or any job, apparently. That's what makes our life together so exciting. Charity.
- This isn't the life I promised you. Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com But I have everything I want. What about the magic? What do you call those two girls? (both laughing) Hey, you partners, look
- Daddy! - PHINEAS: Come here! - Did you bring a present? - A present for what? - (laughing) - For my birthday! - Your what? - My birthday. - It's not your birthday. Okay, I do have a present..
- This is a wishing machine. You tell it your wishes... and it keeps them safe until they come true. Even if you forget them, they're always there. Can I tell a wish? Step right up. Go ahead. I
- Hey, that's... that's a good wish, too. What's your wish, Mommy?
- for happiness like this forever for you and you...
- and for your father. Boring! - (Phineas laughs) - CHARITY (laughs): Boring? Since when has happiness ever been boring? ♪ Ev'ry night I lie in bed ♪ ♪ The brightest colors fill my head ♪ ♪ A mil
- PHINEAS: ♪ A million dreams ♪ ♪ For the world we're gonna make ♪
- - (typing, clacking) - (man laughing)
- The goat prices go up, so the pork bellies go down. (door opens) - Charles, we're leaving. - Huh? This bank only wants to lend money to people with money.
- What are you looking at, flop-doodle?
- This venture you propose is risky and somewhat bizarre. It's a good bet is what it is, sir. People don't want to admit it... but they're fascinated with the exotic and the macabre. It's why we s
- Of course. I, uh... I wouldn't suggest otherwise. The deed and title to my entire flotilla of trading vessels.
- MAN: Load of garbage. WOMAN: Goodness, no. It's rubbish. Welcome to the Barnum Museum, where everyone's special... How many tickets? - Three. - Three.
- Did you sell any more tickets today? A few. Yeah. Most everyone was rushing home, it's Friday, but...
- I think you have too many dead things in your museum, Daddy. Do you? She's right. You need something alive.
- Go to sleep, both of you. Something sensational. That's a big word. It's your word. Something that isn't stuffed. - Like a mermaid. - Or a unicorn. CAROLINE: Unicorns aren't real. HELEN: Wel
- You must be Gertrude Stratton. I'm looking for your son. I don't have a son. The hospital record says you do. Charles, right? Age 22?
- P. T. Barnum, at your service.
- I am putting together a show and I need a star. You want people to laugh at me. Well, they're laughing anyway, kid, so might as well get paid.
- I see a soldier, no, a general riding across the stage with a sword and a gun, and... and... and the most beautiful uniform ever made. People will come from all over the world, and when they see
- MAN: Hey! You looking for freaks? I know where you can find one of them. Really? (woman vocalizing)
- (vocalizing continues) Hello. Sir, you shouldn't be here. I'm sorry. Who's doing that singing? (singing ends) It's you, isn't it? WOMAN: Sir, I'll have to ask you to leave. You are so talented
- I would even say beautiful. (women laughing) Sir. Please leave me alone.
- They don't understand, but they will.
- ♪Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com ♪
- This line is so... Oh, my God! Oh, goodness. PHINEAS: Okay. Anne and W. D. Wheeler. Brother and sister? - ANNE: Yes, sir. - PHINEAS: Terrific. And what do you do? - Trapeze. - PHINEAS: Trapeze.
- - Okay. - You know, people aren't gonna like it if you put us on the stage. Oh, I'm counting on it. (cash register dings) - Is this over... your... - Entire body. Terrific. I don't need to see
- - Now. (laughing) Yes! - (shouts) (cash register dings) Can I just ask how heavy you are? Do you have a number for that? - I prefer not to say, but... - Just between you and me. 500 pounds. -
- What is your name? Vasily Palvos, sir. Yeah, we're gonna change that name. Uh, I think you're Irish. (cash register dings) We have a show!
- That's good, but I need it five times bigger! And I want it everywhere! Carriages, sides of trains, trolleys, crates, milk bottles, everywhere they look! Barnum's American Museum.
- Lettie! Lettie! - They're waiting! - For what? - For you. - No. They don't know it yet... but they are gonna love you. Trust me. (people gasp)
- MAN: That was great! - More! - Fantastic! O'MALLEY: This is bad. "Criminal." "Degrading." "A circus." I like "circus." MAN: That's right, fat boy! (distant shouting) You gonna protect that
- - Hey! That's enough! - MAN: Freak! Walter! Inside, all of you. Right now. Look at 'em run! - We don't want your kind! - Get outta here! That's right, you freaks! Your master's calling! That'
- Nothing more to look at! At your service!
- Reprint this review in every paper in New York. Half price tickets to anyone who brings it in.
- ALL: ♪ Come one, come all ♪ ♪ Come in, come on ♪ ♪ To anyone who's bursting with a dream ♪ ALL: ♪ Come one, come all ♪ ♪ You hear the call ♪ ♪ To anyone who's searching for a way to break free
- ♪ And we know we can't go back again ♪ ♪ To the world that we were livin' in ♪ ♪ 'Cause we're dreamin' with our eyes wide open ♪ ♪ Hey ♪ ♪ And the world becomes a fantasy ♪ ♪ And you're more tha
- (applause begins) (cheers and applause)
- VENDOR: Peanuts. Get your peanuts here. Hot, salted peanuts. Piping hot! MAN: One for me, one for the lady. (clears throat) O'Malley.
- Ah, Mr. Bennett from the Herald. Come to take in another show, huh? Tell me, Mr. Barnum, does it bother you that everything you're selling is fake? Do these smiles seem fake? It doesn't matter w
- Mr. Bennett, when was the last time you smiled or had a good laugh? Like a real laugh?
- A theater critic who can't find joy in the theater. Now who's a fraud?
- Oh, Mr. Bennett. That word you used to describe my show? Has a nice ring to it.
- - (giggling) - And right this way. Don't you think there's enough blind trust in my life? Well, isn't that what makes it fun? Keep coming. Okay. Are you ready?
- - CHARITY: Is it? - PHINEAS: It is.
- Helen, that's for you. (gasps)
- And, Caroline, this is for you.
- There's a ballet school right down the street. Just past your parents' house, actually.
- Don't tell me you bought this house just to rub my parents' noses in your success? Well, that wasn't the only reason. This is the life I promised you. Shall we? Phin... it's beautiful, but you
- (applause) (indistinct murmuring) - Hello, there. - MAN: There goes Barnum.
- PHINEAS: Hey, sweetheart, who's that young man over there? Oh, that's Phillip Carlyle. A bit of a scandal, they say. His last play was a hit in London. - Play? - Mmm. You pay good money to watc
- I can see it right now. "Youngest prima ballerina in the history of the City Ballet."
- I'm quitting. What? Why would you quit? I started too late. I'll never catch up. Caroline, you were the best dancer on that stage.
- What? You think I can't spot talent? Ballet takes years of hard work. It's not like the circus.
- She can't quit. No. No, I mean, she just... She just feels out of place with the other girls. Well, I should certainly hope so. I've never seen so many little prima donnas in my life. Yeah, but
- Mr. Carlyle. You produced this play? Yes, I did indeed. Refunds are available at the front box office. (chuckles) P. T. Barnum. From the circus? Yes. You... you've been? (chuckles) God, no. B
- That's because I'm selling virtue.
- I wanna go after the carriage trade. Present legitimate acts, expand our appeal, go after the snobs. If you only knew how suffocating they are. So come join the circus. You clearly have a flair
- ♪ Right here, right now, I put the offer out ♪ ♪ I don't wanna chase you down, I know you see it ♪ ♪ You run with me, and I can cut you free ♪ ♪ Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in ♪
- ♪ Well, it's intriguing ♪ ♪ But to go would cost me greatly ♪ ♪ So what percentage of the show ♪ ♪ Would I be taking? ♪ ♪ Well, fair enough ♪ ♪ You'd want a piece of all the action ♪ ♪ I'd give
- Sir, it looks like you have yourself a junior partner. (register dings) What I have is an overcompensated apprentice.
- BOTH: ♪ Don'tchu wanna get away ♪ - ♪ To a whole ♪ - ♪ New ♪ BOTH: ♪ Part you're gonna play ♪ - ♪ 'Cause I got ♪ - ♪ What you need ♪ BOTH: ♪ So come with me and take the ride ♪ ♪ To the othe
- (applause) Who is that? Hey, hey! No one's buying hats back here. Get out front, go! W. D., Anne, I wanna introduce my newest hire, Mr. Phillip Carlyle.
- - It's a pleasure to meet you. - Yeah, pleasure.
- And what is your act, Mr. Carlyle? I don't have an act. (Anne chuckles) Everyone's got an act.
- O'MALLEY: Mr. Barnum! Yeah.
- You better come see this. PHINEAS: Phillip, keep up!
- - (indistinct shouting) - A bit of a nasty element. There always is, isn't there?
- I guess I'll just have to tell the Queen that either all of us go... or none of us will.
- (chuckles) (cheering, laughing) The Queen of England! Can't get much better than that.
- PHILLIP: Why aren't we in tails? PHINEAS: We're the entertainment. LETTIE: Don't see you in a costume.
- Your Majesty, Mr. Phineas T. Barnum and his...
- (indistinct murmuring) WOMAN: Is that... is that real?
- (indistinct whispering, murmuring)
- Your Majesty. May I present Mr. Barnum. The honor is mine, Mr. Barnum.
- And I've heard all about your little colonel from my friends in America. General, ma'am. You're even smaller than I imagined. Well, you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweethear
- That went well. (fanfare playing) STEWARD: Your Majesty. PHINEAS: Phillip. Miss Jenny Lind.
- Who's that? PHILLIP: The opera singer? Singer, huh?
- She's the most famous performer in all of Europe. She's sold out La Scala a dozen times. Not to mention the French Opera.
- - What are you doing? - Following you, - so you can introduce me to Miss Lind. - PHILLIP: Introduce you? - PHINEAS: Yeah. - PHILLIP: I don't know her. Everybody knows her. You just said so your
- Miss Lind. My name is Phillip Carlyle.
- People come to my show for the pleasure of being hoodwinked.
- Just once, I'd love to give them something real.
- Everyone is here. Look at this. Even the Winthrops. Are you happy?
- I will be if this works. Oh, God. I hope she can sing.
- PHINEAS: What's taking her so long? They're still taking their seats. - Speaking of which. - Yeah? Tom and Lettie, the others, they've just arrived. - What? - (audience murmuring) Where shoul
- Miss Lind's ready now. Okay. Thank you, thank God!
- This is so awesome. - Isn't it wonderful? - Yeah. - I love it. - Look at the curtain.
- (conductor tapping baton) (audience quiets)
- Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your patience. MAN: He's out of his element. MAN 2: What is this about? MAN 3: Is that Barnum? WOMAN: This isn't the circus. I recently had the privilege
- ♪ I'm tryin' to hold my breath ♪
- ♪ Let it stay this way ♪ ♪ Can't let this moment end ♪ ♪ You set off a dream in me ♪
- ♪ Gettin' louder now ♪ ♪ Can you hear it echoing? ♪ ♪ Take my hand ♪ ♪ Will you share this with me? ♪ ♪ 'Cause, darlin', without you ♪
- ♪ All the shine of a thousand spotlights ♪ ♪ All the stars we steal from the night sky ♪ ♪ Will never be enough ♪ ♪ Never be enough ♪ ♪ Towers of gold are still too little ♪ ♪ These hands could
- ♪ Never, never ♪ ♪ Never, for me ♪ ♪ For me ♪ ♪ Never enough ♪ ♪ Never, never ♪ ♪ Never enough ♪ ♪ Never, never ♪ ♪ Never enough ♪ ♪ For me, for me ♪ ♪ For me ♪
- (laughs softly) (muffled cheering)
- (cheers, applause) MAN: Brava! WOMAN: Brava! More! MAN 2: Wonderful! Bravissima! More! Excellent!
- Encore! (applause continues) (pops) Jenny, this is my wife, Charity, and our girls. Of course, and I've heard so much about you! And your father tells me you're a fan of the ballet. Yes, I'm
- Uh, excuse me, Jenny. I'd like you to meet Charity's parents. Mr. and Mrs. Hallett. Ah, pleasure. - How do you do? Very nice to meet you. - Good to meet you. - Mother. - Hello, dear. - (clears
- Well, Phineas... I believe I told you that free champagne is a recipe for disaster. - Charity. - Now would everyone please - raise their glasses? - PHINEAS: Charity. To Mr. Barnum, who has sho
- - To Barnum! To Barnum! - Thank you. To Mr. Barnum.
- Thank you. It's hard to understand wealth and privilege when you're born into it. (chuckles)
- (whispers) I sometimes don't feel like I belong here.
- I was born out of wedlock... and that brought shame upon my family.
- And life always manages to remind me that I don't deserve a place in this world. And that... leaves a hole that no ovation can ever fill.
- - Mr. Phineas! - Guys... Lord, that lady can sing! I know. Think she likes a man in uniform? I'm sure she does. Okay, what are you doing here? You got a show in an hour, okay? That's enough ti
- ♪ I am not a stranger to the dark ♪ ♪ Hide away, they say ♪ ♪ 'Cause we don't want your broken parts ♪ ♪ I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars ♪ ♪ Run away, they say ♪ ♪ No one'll love you
- (clears throat) I'm... I'm sorry. I... I believe there's only supposed to be one. No, there's meant to be two.
- I wasn't sure you'd come if I asked.
- MAN: Five minutes to curtain. - (indistinct chatter) - (bell dinging) I've always wanted to go to the theater.
- MR. CARLYLE: Phillip, is that you?
- Mother. Father. This is Anne Wheeler.
- Phillip... have you no shame? Associating yourself with that Barnum business is one thing... but parading around with the help?
- How dare you speak to her like that.
- You forget your place, Phillip. My place? Mother, if this is my place... then I don't want any part of it.
- Why do you care what they think? It's not just them.
- You've never had somebody look at you the way your parents looked at me.
- The way everyone would look at us.
- ♪ It's not a secret I try to hide ♪ ♪ I know you want me ♪
- ♪ So don't keep sayin' our hands are tied ♪ ♪ You claim it's not in the cards ♪ ♪ And fate is pulling you miles away ♪ ♪ And out of reach from me ♪ ♪ But you're here in my heart ♪ ♪ So who can s
- ♪ What if we rewrite the stars? ♪ ♪ Say you were made to be mine? ♪ ♪ Nothing could keep us apart ♪ ♪ You'd be the one I was meant to find ♪ ♪ It's up to you ♪ ♪ And it's up to me ♪ ♪ No one can
- ♪ You think I don't want to run to you? ♪ ♪ But there are mountains ♪ ♪ And there are doors that we can't walk through ♪ ♪ I know you're wonderin' why ♪ Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com ♪ Becaus
- ♪ No one can rewrite the stars ♪ ♪ How can you say you'll be mine? ♪ ♪ Ev'rything keeps us apart ♪ ♪ And I'm not the one you were meant to find ♪ ♪ It's not up to you ♪ ♪ It's not up to me ♪ ♪
- ♪ It's not a secret I try to hide ♪ ♪ But I can't have you ♪ ♪ We're bound to break and my hands are tied ♪
- First, it was buying a house on the same street as my parents. Then, meeting the Queen. Then bringing Jenny Lind, then my father the other night. When will it ever be enough for you?
- I'm doing this for Caroline and Helen. Look around you. They have everything. - You don't understand. - I do understand. No, you don't understand. How could you?
- My father was treated like dirt. I was treated like dirt... and my children will not be. You don't need everyone to love you, Phin.
- No, no! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy, no! Wait! - Daddy! - PHINEAS: Go! Wait, Daddy!
- ♪ Some people long for a life ♪ ♪ That is simple and planned ♪ ♪ Tied with a ribbon ♪ ♪ Some people won't sail the sea ♪ ♪ 'Cause they're safer on land ♪ ♪ To follow what's written ♪ ♪ But I'd f
- ♪ Mountains and valleys ♪ ♪ And all that will come in between ♪ ♪ Desert and ocean ♪ ♪ You pull me in ♪ ♪ And together we're lost in a dream ♪ ♪ Always in motion ♪ ♪ So I risk it all ♪ ♪ Just t
- (muffled) Brava! (muffled applause)
- ♪ Well, it's all an adventure ♪ ♪ That comes with a breathtakin' view ♪ ♪ Walkin' a tightrope ♪ ♪ With you ♪ ♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh ♪
- ♪ With you ♪ ♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh ♪ ♪ With you ♪ ♪ With you ♪ ♪ Oh ♪
- ♪ With you ♪ ♪ Oh, oh, oh ♪
- JENNY: "It is as though we have learned for the first time... what singing really is." "Miss Lind deserves our nation's highest esteem and most lavish ovations."
- - I mean... - The world at our feet. - Well, Mr. Barnum. - (glass clinks) - (liquid pours) - This...
- to making dreams come true. Thank you, Jenny.
- (gulps) (quietly) It's two hours to curtain.
- I've given you the world, haven't I?
- I... I, uh... I should go. I...
- I've become a distraction. I'm sorry, Jenny. - No. - You should finish the tour without me. What? You're leaving? - Well, the itinerary's well in hand. - So, that's it. What do you mean?
- I'm just another one of your little acts. - Jenny. - I'm done. (thuds) Jenny. Jenny, please. You have to finish the tour. Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com Must I? It... it will ruin me. (scof
- ♪ All the stars we steal from the night sky ♪ ♪ Will never be enough ♪
- (voice breaking) ♪ Never be enough ♪ ♪ Towers of gold are still too little ♪ ♪ These hands could hold the world ♪ ♪ But it'll never be enough ♪ ♪ Never be enough ♪ (breathing shakily)
- (applause continues) Thank you.
- What was that? (clears throat) That was goodbye.
- PHILLIP: Hey, thank you very much for coming. - Tell your friends and neighbors! - What a wonderful show! Who enjoyed themselves? You? You? Tell everyone how much fun you had at the circus! New
- Gentlemen, gonna have to ask you to leave. - (men snickering) - This is our town, son. We think you should leave. You and your freaks. And your spooks.
- PHILLIP: Sir. I will only ask once more. Then what, boy?
- Charge! (indistinct yelling)
- - (men grunting) - (glass shatters)
- - WOMAN: Could that be her? - MAN: I think so. GIRLS: Daddy! - (Phineas laughs) - Daddy! - Girls, girls, girls! - Daddy! Oh, you've grown so much. Stop it.
- What made you decide to come back early? I missed you. I missed you. - That sounds an awful lot like humbug. - (bell ringing) - Fire! - Move aside! Move aside! - Come on! - Hurry! It's coming f
- Everyone, stay close! (screaming)
- Phillip! Is everyone out? - Is everyone okay? - Yeah. The animals? The animals? Yeah, we set them free. What else could we do? W. D., where's Anne? PHINEAS: Where's Anne? Where's Anne? No, Ph
- PHINEAS: Phillip! - Phillip! - Daddy!
- - No, Daddy! - Daddy! - Daddy! - (crowd screaming)
- (coughing) FIREMAN: Stretcher! Stretcher! He's taken a lot of smoke. He's still breathing. Come on. - (coughing) - FIREMAN 2: Come on, let's get him on!
- (softly) ♪ What if we rewrite the stars? ♪
- ♪ Say you were made to be mine? ♪
- ♪ Nothing can keep us apart ♪
- (shakily) ♪ You are the one I was meant to find ♪
- MAN: Here we go, guys! Come on! Straight ahead!
- Thomas, help me break this up.
- If you've come to gloat, I wouldn't.
- They caught the thugs who started the fire. I thought you'd like to know.
- I never liked your show. But I always thought the people did. They did. They do.
- (scoffs) Mind you, I wouldn't call it art. Of course not. But...
- putting folks of all kinds on stage with you... all colors... shapes, sizes... presenting them as equals...
- Why, another critic might have even called it... "a celebration of humanity."
- - Well, I hope you'll rebuild. - Hmm. I mean, thank God for Jenny's tour. We can borrow off the profits, we'll be fine. You don't know? Hmm?
- Charity? Oh, God, Charity. - I am... - I don't wanna talk to you. N... nothing happened. This is ridiculous. Oh, sure. Nothing happened. It's on the cover of every paper in New York. Because s
- I'm going home. This is your home.
- Why didn't you ask me before...
- I would've said yes. I never minded the risk, but we always did it together.
- (sighs) Figured you'd end up here. - Feeling sorry for yourself. - (door opens)
- Folks, if you've come to get paid, the money is gone. All of it. - Nothing left to give you. - Shut up, Barnum. You just don't get it.
- Our own mothers were ashamed of us.
- Then you pull us out of the shadows. And now you're giving up on us, too. Maybe you are a fraud. Maybe it was just about making a buck.
- But you gave us a real family. And the circus... that was our home.
- ♪ I saw the sun begin to dim ♪ ♪ And felt that winter wind blow cold ♪
- ♪ A man learns who is there for him ♪ ♪ When the glitter fades and the walls won't hold ♪
- ♪ 'Cause from that rubble ♪ ♪ What remains ♪ ♪ Can only be what's true ♪
- ♪ If all was lost ♪ ♪ There's more I gained ♪ ♪ 'Cause it led me back ♪
- ♪ I drank champagne with kings and queens ♪ ♪ The politicians praised my name ♪
- ♪ But those were someone else's dreams ♪ ♪ The pitfalls of the man I became ♪ ♪ For years and years ♪ Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com ♪ I chased their cheers ♪ ♪ A crazy speed of always needing
- GROUP: ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ What's waited til tomorrow starts tonight ♪ ♪ It starts tonight ♪ ♪ Let this promise in me start ♪ ♪ Like an anthem in my heart ♪ ♪ From now on ♪ - ♪ From now on ♪ -
- You're here. GROUP: ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ Home again ♪
- ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ Home again ♪ (vocalizing) ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ From now on ♪ ♪ Home again ♪
- (sighs) I would like to see my wife. She's not here.
- She's at the beach! (laughing)
- I brought hardship on you and our family. You warned me... and I wouldn't listen.
- I wanted to be more than I was.
- I never wanted anything but the man I fell in love with.
- (shakily) ♪ Let this promise in me start ♪ ♪ Like an anthem in my heart ♪
- ♪ However big ♪ ♪ However small ♪
- Bank said no? Emphatically. Repeatedly. I don't think there's a banker left in the country I can fool into loaning me more money, so...
- I'm really sorry to disappoint you all. Don't worry, Barnum. We've gotten used to it by now. - (laughter) - PHILLIP: You know, Barnum... when I first met you... I had an inheritance, acclaim, a
- All that's left is friendship, love, and work that I adore. (sighs)
- You brought joy into my life. - LETTIE: Into all our lives. - Hear, hear.
- If only the bank would take joy as collateral. They may not... but I will.
- Knowing who I was working for... I had the good sense to take my cut weekly.
- Phillip, I can't let you gamble it on me. - I... - Sure you can. LETTIE: Don't turn sensible on us now. PHILLIP: Partners.
- (laughing) (all laughing) Partners. MAN: Yeah! The only thing is... I don't know how we're gonna afford a building.
- What will you be doing? Watching my girls grow up.
- (softly) ♪ It's ev'rything you ever want ♪ ♪ It's ev'rything you ever need ♪
- ♪ And it's here right in front of you ♪
- ♪ I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out ♪ ♪ This is brave, this is bruised ♪ ♪ This is who I'm meant to be ♪ ♪ This is me ♪ ALL: ♪ Look out, cause here I come ♪ LETTIE: ♪ Look out, cause
- PHILLIP: ♪ You know I want you ♪
- ♪ It's not a secret I try to hide ♪ ♪ I know you want me ♪ ♪ So don't keep saying our hands are tied ♪ ♪ You claim it's not in the cards ♪ ♪ And fate is pulling you miles away ♪ ♪ And out of rea
- ANNE: ♪ You know I want you ♪ Visit & Support:-Moviehall24.Com
P.T. Barnum - Hugh Jackman
Charity Barnum - Michelle Williams
Phillip Carlyle - Zac Efron
Anne Wheeler - Zendaya
Jenny Lind - Rebecca Ferguson
Caroline Barnum - Austyn Johnson
Helen Barnum - Cameron Seely
Lettie Lutz - Keala Settle
Tom Thumb - Sam Humphrey
W.D. Wheeler - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
Mr. O'Malley - Eric Anderson
Young Barnum - Ellis Rubin
Young Charity - Skylar Dunn
Lord of Leeds - Daniel Everidge
O'Clancy - Radu Spinghel
Chang - Yusaku Komori
Eng - Danial Son
James Gordon Bennett - Paul Sparks
Philo Barnum - Will Swenson
Mrs. Stratton - Linda Marie Larson
Mr. Carlyle - Byron Jennings
Mrs. Carlyle - Betsy Aidem
Mr. Winthrop - Damian Young
Mrs. Winthrop - Tina Benko
Mr. Hallett - Fredric Lehne
Mrs. Hallett - Kathryn Meisle
Strong Man - Timothy Hughes
Queen Victoria - Gayle Rankin
Court Herald - Arnie Burton
Ballerina #1 - Carly Adams
Ballerina #2 - Sawyer Niehaus
Lead Protestor - Shuler Hensley
Policeman - Will Erat
Fireman - James Andrew O'Connor
Boss - Jamie Jackson
Nurse - Morgan Weed
Ticket Taker - Henry Stram
Stage Manager - Michael Barra
Deng Yan - Natasha Liu Bordizzo
Dog Boy - Luciano Acuna Jr.
Jenny Lind Admirer #1 - Shannon Freyer
Jenny Lind Admirer #2 - Kevin Dwane
Jenny Lind Admirer #3 - Sandi DeGeorge
Royal Escort - Tony Neil Butler
Laundry Woman - Frances Emily Schramm
Human Cannonball (as Kenneth Chan) - Kenneth Wong Chan
Theater Goer #1 (as Stacey Cohen) - Stacey Alyse Cohen
Theatre Goer #2 - Tim Wilson
Theatre Goer #3 - Jonathon Culver
Panhandler - Jillian Braithwaite
Protester - Adam Haas Hunter
Bank Manager - Bob Rumnock
Mill Worker - Ben Reed
Woman in Gold - Martha Nichols
Dancer Oddity #1 - Jonathan Redavid
Dancer Oddity #2 - Shannon Holtzapffel
Dancer Oddity #3 - Jeremy Hudson
Dancer Oddity #4 - Taylor James
Dancer Oddity #5 - Chelsea Caso
Dancer Oddity #6 - Caoife Coleman
Dancer Oddity #7 - Mishay Petronelli
Ensemble Dancer #1 - Khasan Brailsford
Ensemble Dancer #2 - Alex Wong
Ensemble Dancer #3 - Julius Rubio
Ensemble Dancer #4 - Vincent-Oliver Noiseux
Ensemble Dancer #5 - DeAnna Walters
Ensemble Dancer #6 - Jessica Castro
Ensemble Dancer #7 - Najla Gilliam
Ensemble Dancer #8 - Christina Glur
Pointe Ballerina #1 - Emerson Tate Alexander
Pointe Ballerina #2 - Victoria Llodra
Pointe Ballerina #3 - Louise Hindsbo
Pointe Ballerina #4 - Laci Justice
Pointe Ballerina #5 - GiaNina Paolantonio
Pointe Ballerina #6 - Rachel Quiner
Pointe Ballerina #7 - Madison Smith
Pointe Ballerina #8 - Brando
Dancing Bartender #1 (as Daniel Cloud Campos) - Daniel 'Cloud' Campos
Dancing Bartender #2 - Rod Roberts
Additional Voices (voice) - James Babson
Audience in Theatre - Emma Adrid
Jenny Lind (singing voice) - Loren Allred
Upper- Class Young Gentleman - Michael Angeloe
Concert / Circus Upper Class Attende - Marshall Axt
Carly (Dancer) - Nicole C. Barnes
Bread Woman - Samantha Baugnon
Upper- Class Daughter - Kendall Beaulieu
Stagehand - Ralph Bracco
Stagehand - Kristoffe Brodeur
Upper-Class Woman - Eleah Burman
Audience Member - Jack Buxton
Lind's Art Designer - Marko Caka
Ballerina - Emilie Cantante
Audience Member - Dean Ciallella
Barnum Museum Child - Shelby L. Collette
White Tie Audience (Jenny Lind Performance) - Shawn Contois
Museum Child - Ethan Coskay
Office Worker - John Druzba
Lewis - Isaac Eshete
Museum Child - Everest Kuei Esmilla
Office Clerk - Jonah Falcon
Museum Child - Gianna Ferazi
Circus Ensemble - Mark Curtis Ferrando
Background Singer - Carolina Gaitan
Concert Audience - Robert John Gallagher
Circus patron - Les Gardonyi
Circus Ensemble - Chris Grabher
Lily - Ashley Griffin
Policeman Holding Crowd Back - Michael Wren Gucciardo
Cameraman - Eric Haber
Mill Worker - Austin Hanner
Baroque Woman - Jacqueline Honulik
White Tie Audience - Jenny Lind Performance - Adrian Kameri
Princess - Jennifer Keane
Usher - Conor Ketchum
Audience in Theater - Michael Kollias
Fireman - Dennis Lauricella
White Tie Audience (Jenny Lind Performance) - John Steel MacDonald
Acrobat - Richard Maguire
Circus Audience - Judy Malka
Privileged Associate - Todd Benjamin Marshall
Ballet Parent / Upper Class Guest At Reception / Balcony Patron / Etc. - Laura Maselli
Head Animal Trainer - Steve McAuliff
Luminary Entourage - Doris McCarthy
White Tie Audience - Patrick McCormick
Audience Member - Arlo McGowan
Stagehand - Jamie Miles
Upper-Class Woman - Sheryl Minikes
Drummer - Harvey Morris
White Tie Audience (Jenny Lind Performance) - Michael Nagle
Circus Audience - Joshua Packard
Mother - Katrina E. Perkins
Pedestrian / Laborer - Leroy Phillips Jr.
Businessmen - Bart Philly
White Tie Audience (Jenny Lind Performance) - Jay Poff
Rich Concert-Goer - Noel Ramos
Jenny Lind Audience Member - Maggie Ronck
Lind Concert-Goer - Matthew Rosvanis
Barnum Office Worker - Shade Rupe
Pedestrian, Audience Member - Mike Scerbo
Postman - Frank Scozzari
Circus Oddity - Chris Silcox
High Society Upper Class - Janet Stanwood
White Tie - Jordan Theodore
Upper-Class Child - Brayden Titus
Circus Fan - Randall Trang
Circus Audience - Jesse VanDerveer
Upper-Class Daughter - Jessica VanOss
Stagehand - Minn Vo
Barnum Boy - Sammy Voit
Museum Child - Rocco Wu
Boarding School Girl - Kathryn Zimmer